Chapter 13

Monsters Hiding in the Closet

(A/N: So, I'm pretty sure you guys have heard about Kris' situation at least a million times, but I'm just going  say this: This story will continue to have Kris as a character, whether or not EXO has 11 or 12 members. He will not drop off the face of the Earth (or Peregrinus Modus) So, yeah. Enjoy!)

 

SAVE ME!!! I'm begging you guys, I don't like the way his eyes gleam, like a, uh... wolf? Sorry EXO-M... Suho stopped brown nosing at the word 'wife'.

"What are you talking about? You've gone crazy! Have you forgotten the prophesy??!!" he bellowed.

"Of course not. Oh dear me, Suho, what ever happened to your tone? We must do something about that" responded Jaejoong.

With a wave of his finger, Suho's mouth promptly closed.  When it opened again, a high squeaky voice spoke. Chanyeol thought it was the funniest thing ever, collapsing to the floor while holding his belly. I suddenly felt a little intimidated. What other magical things could he do?

Sehun stepped up while Chanyeol continued to roll on the ground.

In a cautious tone, Sehun said,"You can't marry Ayu. She is to one of our wives. The bonded one. Polygamy is frowned upon."

"You obviously have hearing issues. Maybe a human hearing aid would help. The prophecy never stated marriage of the bonded ones. They are simply bonded. Call the old seer over if you want. There never was mention of marriage."

Mentally, I was having a flashback. It was like flipping through files, looking for the mention of marriage. Nope, not here. Nopety nope nope. None. Horror suddenly washed over me. I'm gonna have to marry that guy, aren't I? Him. Even then, if there was mention or marriage, I would have to marry one of those fools who still left me in the byuntae's arms.They still had made no action at all to save me. 

EXO must of also been on a search for a mention of marriage, because all 12 of them seemed to be in a daze. Tao was the first to finish scanning when he cursed very loudly.

"Ah, . He's right. There is no mention of marriage. It's just a bond."

Jaejoong pulled his arm from my waist and clapped them together excitedly.

"See?! I get to marry her!"

I was getting frustrated and cold.

"Doesn't anyone want my input?!" I protested, "You are all... all... BUTTHEADS!!!"

Xiumin and Luhan giggled. I tried sending my best death glare towards them. They sorta stopped. Sorta.

"I don't wanna marry anyone, especially now. I'm only 15! I know, I'm your one opportunity to be 'normal', but you can't force love! I am not an expert, but I do know that love takes time!"

Everyone was silent. But only for a moment. Tao had a 'great idea' that he just couldn't keep to himself.

"Ooh! Ooh! I know!!!  We should have a dating game! Like one day with each of us! Ayu will bound to have fallen in love with one of us by then!"

Everyone clapped in agreement.

"AND, if she cannot decide for one at the end! She'll marry me!" Jaejoong exclaimed, clapping the hardest.

EXO stopped mid-clap. 

"What?" I choked out.

Had no one been listening? Jaejoong's clapping only started to falter.

"What? Does no one like my idea?" he asked.

"Your highness, we accept and we will not lose to you" Suho said with a glare.

What?! I really don't wanna marry! Jaejoong snorted. His royal byuntae snorted. It then turned into an evil laugh like those done by villains in the movies. 

"Good luck with that" Jaejoong said when he regained his composure.

Jaejoong then moved closer to me, giving me a peck on my cheek while whispering in a low voice towards my ear: "Until then, my Little One. We'll  continue when I see you on our wedding night."

He winked and I shivered in fear and disgust. He reached up and pulled off the cuffs. Just like that.

"Ta ta" he said in a sing song voice. 

I ran from him, not sure where to go. Obviously not towards the window for the curtains where byuntae stood. Not towards EXO, while wearing the skimpy outfit. I guess I'll go burrow in the bathroom. I sprinted towards the bathroom, shutting the door. 

To my luck, or not, there was a dress laid over a table with a pair of... I groaned. Heels. I sighed and picked up the gown.  Well, at least it's better than lingerie.

After I was dressed and in those uncomfortable shoes, I peeked out of the door. Kai was leaning against the door, staring off into space, that was until I decided to open the door. 

"Oh, goody. You are done. Let's go" he said, offering his hand.

Everyone, including his highness, was nowhere to be seen. Where is everybody? Kai must of read my mind, because he then said: "Everyone is already heading back to Lay's. His highness is probably sulking somewhere else. Let's go and beat the rest of EXO and get back first."

He reached for me, but I backed off. He looked startled.

"What's wrong?"

"You guys only care about lifting the curse. You don't want my input and you don't care about it. I don't want to marry. I'm just a girl, who won't matter to you guys when the curse is broken. I might get married off to Jaejoong because of you guys. I'm not going back." I said, shoving past Kai and towards the exit of the room.

Kai appeared in front of me. He suddenly pulled me into a tight hug. 

"Don't go. Please don't go."

His scent filled my nose. I gently wrapped my arms around his abdomen and pressed my cheek aginst his chest. I didn't want to go. But I know I would be miserable if I married without love. My eyes watered a little bit.

"I care about you. And I know that the rest of EXO does too. I'll always care about you, with or without the curse. Didn't you hear Suho? We are not gonna let you marry his highness. You don't even have to marry any of us. You just need to choose one of us so we can protect you. That's it. So don't leave us. Don't leave me."

I sniffled, looking up at him. He gave me a reasssuring smile and an accompanying squeeze. I returned a watery smile. 

"Plus, his highness is, like, twice your age" he half-heartedly joked.

After a while, he reluctantly let me go and took my hand.

"You ready?"

I nodded, squeezing his hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm gonna keep this short, but: ASDFGHJKL;

You guys?! 200+ subbies?! I feel on cloud nine now...

Meng material expression

It's so nice to know that there are so many people who like this story!

Well, I gotta go, so LOVE YA!