Chapter 16

Monsters Hiding in the Closet

I ran, my hands red with blood. Where to? I didn't recognize this place and everything looked the same, with no noticeable landmarks. My eyes welled up with tears, which I wanted to wipe away, but didn't dare risk to touch my face. I can't believe I killed someone. I heard the mumbling of voices, to which I instinctively hid, behind a marble column. I cowered, willing myself to disappear. Oh, how badly I wanted to be home. With okaasan and Sebby. Less than a week had passed and I was homesick. The trip to Jeju Island for a school trip did not leave me feeling this way, even after 2 weeks. I knew then I would be able to go home.

But now... This was all so new and foreign. Unlike Jeju, I couldn't look for the ins-and-outs online for this place. There was no handbook. Everything was surprising and terrifying, and I hated this sensation of not knowing anything. When I would go home, was to be determined. Possibly never. I hid my head between my knees, muffling my sobs.

The mumbling had faded. I slowly rose, waiting for any more noise.

There was none. 

I scanned my surrounding before something whispered in my ear. 

'Ayu~'

I whipped my head around, to see who had spoken. There was no one to be seen. 

'Ayu, come this way'

As if by instinct, my feet moved, one in front of the other. What was a jerky walk turned into a brisk stroll as I turned the corner. Directly towards a dead end. I willed my legs to stop, but found that I had no control. I braced myself for the impact of the wall, but found no need for such action. I moved through the wall, as if it was made of air and was merely an illusion. I was in a very dim room, with light coming from only a single candle, flickering. I turned around, to touch the wall that I had just come through. It was solid once again. 

Suddenly another candle appeared, flickering to life. 

The same whispering voice spoke again. 

'Follow the candles'

With each step I took, another candle would illuminate. I was slowly following the candles, before I started to run, following them. I was running along a mirrored hall, with my reflection on every side of me. I swear I saw a fox creature for a split second, as I watched my tear streaked face through the mirrors. I looked back and was met with complete darkness. The candles from before were gone, extinguished. 

I guess there's no turning back now. Resuming a slow walk, I soon came into a large room. The mirrored hallway was gone and was replaced by a framed mirror. I was very confused. 

I looked into the mirror, staring at my worn face. My reflection suddenly changed. But then it changed back. In that split second, I saw that it was still me, but... Different. My second reflection appeared again. This reflection was not tired. It was not sad. I was happy, and gleeful. It wore a mint green dress, in a similar style to those in this realm, with a ball gown appearance. The hair was not messy, but in fact pulled into an elegant coiffure. What caught my eye the most was the crown on its head. It wasn't the cheap plastic bachelorette party crown, but a beautifully ornate one. A remarkable stone that was constantly changing colors sat in the middle of the crown. I was becoming mesmerized by it, until my second reflection disappeared once again. I was snapped back to reality. 

The mirror was just a mirror. I was obviously delusional. But then, the mirror changed again. This time it was like a video. A video of my memories. In the mirror, a smiling, giddy five year old with a party hat was celebrating her birthday, surrounded by balloons. My birthday. Like a camera, the video panned, revealing okaasan. I reached out, moving towards the mirror. There was no sound. Okaasan was smiling and laughing as well, as my five year old self blew as hard as she could to extinguish the candles on the cake. The smoke rose as okaasan clapped, giving me a peck on the forehead. Okaasan walked up to the camera, as if taking it from someone, and disappeared behind it. Then otousan appeared. He handed me a wrapped gift. I felt a smile come to my lips as I remembered the gift vividly. The blue teddy bear revealed itself from the wrapping paper. Kuma-chan...

When I touched the mirror, the scene rippled and changed. Away from the joyous event, it showed okaasan. She was distressed, calling for help, in a poorly lit room. It was dark grey, looking like a jail cell. No sound, but I could tell she was in trouble. A dark figure stepped from the shadows. He tied a gag around okaasan's mouth, to stop her from yelling. I clenched my hands into fists.

"NO!" I yelled at the mirror. 

The dark figure turned around. It was the sinister face of Yongguk. I was angry now, no longer feeling miserable. I smashed my fists against the mirror, shattering the surface and image of a distressed okaasan. My hands were cut, but I was even more furious. Turning around, I looked for an exit. I needed to find okaasan and save her from the bastards who called themselves B.A.P. 

A small trap door, which was not there before, had appeared. I swiftly grabbed the handle and climbed down into it.

I was back in the hallway, in which I had my breakdown. I can't count on EXO. I need to leave now. 

I wish I had a weapon. At least I could defend myself. I wish I had a bat. I stepped forward before nearly tripping on an object on the floor. I looked down, and saw a splintery but intact bat.

What are the odds?

I quickly ripped off my other sleeve and wrapped it around the handle of the bat, to protect my hands. With the bat in my hands, I was gonna save okaasan. I removed all of my petticoats and other parts of my dress, till I was left in a camisole and pantalette. Isn't this considered being practically in this realm?

I didn't care and sprinted, following my gut feeling to save okaasan. Anyone who came my way, I was going to attack with brute force.

I finally encountered a door, and burst through it. Luckily, there was no one on the other side. It looked like a kitchen, as there were lots of recently cooked food, numerous ovens, silverware, and sinks.  Unfortunately, no weapons. But there was a tattered, wooden door on the other side! I walked through the piles of steaming food, getting hungry as I passed a plate of ddukbokki.

One couldn't hurt, could it?

I picked one rice cake up, popping it in my mouth. 

Oh. My. Goodness. That was delicious. I hadn't eaten since before the game of hide-and-go-seek. I was wolfing down a bunch of them I was so busy eating, that I didn't even bother hiding. 

I barely even noticed the door that I had come through creak open. In a split second, I ducked under the counter, cramming myself into the shelving unit underneath, holding my breath and hoping. There were a bunch of voices speaking at once, in the strange language from before.

"Lusa uh, rinno. Vun frydajan naycuh, drao fyhd ymm drec vuut cu drao vyga y vyhlo pyhxiad. Tuh'd drao ghuf ruf silr drec lucdc? Fryd y cdibet nejymno..."

"Oayr, oayr. E's sujehk"

"E fecr E luimt veht yhudran zup"

More and more people filed in as others filed out. The bustle in the kitchen was frightening me. I risked a peek above the counter, and saw the food was being carried out, with a few more left to be removed. 

I slid back into my hiding spot when I saw a stocky woman approach. She stopped so close to me that her dress was brushing against me. It smelled strongly of cleaning detergent and dirt at the same time. 

"WHO ATE THE DDUKBOKKI?!!"

Unlike the others, she was speaking in Korean and she was not happy. Her gruff voice matched her rough appearance. Many crowded into the kitchen, the mumbling getting louder. I pulled myself into a tighter ball, gulping. Oopsy...

The stocky woman had not moved, her fists shoved so hard against her hips that her hands disappeared into the folds of her dress. 

No one responded to her question/demand which made my hands dampen with sweat. I swiped at my forehead, pushing the hair that stuck to my face back.

"WELL? ANSWER ME!!! IF I FIND WHO-"

She was interrupted by the delicate tingling of a bell. Suddenly everyone bustled out of the kitchen without a single word, most likely bringing out what was left of the uneaten food.

Gruff ajumma left as well, closing the kitchen door with a soft click. I quickly crawled out of the space, stretching a little bit. I proceeded to sneak towards the wooden door. I grabbed the handle, which fell off with the slightest turn. I panicked, hopping in a circle, wondering what I was supposed to do with the rather heavy, possibly cast iron, handle. I ended up tying it to one of the ribbons of my camisole. I hoped the door wouldn't be locked, because that would of  soooo badly. 

Fortunately, it wasn't. 

Unfortunately, it was really squeaky. 

As I opened it, what might possibly be one of the highest pitched noises I've ever heard, squealed in my ear. Everything was silent as I tip-toed through the doorway, paying particular attention to any other noises. I could hear someone coming, with loud, lumbering steps. I quickly shut the door, wincing as the door screamed, and scampered through the musty and dark pathway.

It wasn't completely dark, as there was a light at the end that partially illuminated the pathway. I hope I'm not dying. I'm not meant to die with my last meal being ddukbokki. It should at least include a whole strawberry shortcake. Or a red velvet cake. Or potato chips~ 

While I was drooling, I didn't feel the enormous spider crawl up my leg. It was at least the size of a dinner plate. When I came to my senses and realized what was happening, I nearly squealed, which would of gave my position away. I shook my leg like a crazy person hopping around, trying to get the spider off. It was dark brown, with a vivid red stripe X across its back. It was fuzzy, but the fangs were what truly intimidated me. 

"Get off me you stupid, disgusting creature" I whispered at it, trying to pry it off with the bat.

"Hss, I'll get off if you stop shoving that thing in my face!" it replied.

I yelped and fell onto my arse.

"D-d-d did you j-just t-t-t-talk?"

"D-d-d-d-d.. Hss, stop stuttering you stupid girl. Of course I just talked! What realm do you live in? One where all the animals are ignorant creatures that squawk and croak?" the spider said mockingly.

I crabbed walk backwards, away from the talking creature until my back hit the wall. 

"Now listen here, girl. Just because you are bigger than me, doesn't mean you're more powerful or deadly. I could make you drop dead in and instant! Just like that!"

The spider hmphed and stalked off. I stared in disbelief and quickly brushed myself off as I quickly dashed for the light. 

I stopped near the end, before peering slowly into the source of light. It was a closet of some sort, with some rather dark colored clothing. Either a dark navy, dark gray, or black. Whatever the shade of darkness, the person who owned them did not have a personality whatsoever. I stepped onto the cold, cobbled floor with my bare feet, 

Funny how I was in a closet, due to the fact that everything started with a closet. I searched through the clothes, boxes, cabinets, hoping to find some weapon, in case the bat gave out. None. 

I sighed. Leaning against the cabinet I just searched through. I was lost, with no idea of how to get out. If I had a map, I could-

My train of thought was interrupted when I saw the closet door swing open. I hid in the cabinet behind me, enveloped in the smell of cologne and musk. I couldn't close the cabinet all the way, so I did the best that I could to make as small as a gap as possible.

I am hiding an awful lot. I think things would go a lot faster if I just charged at people with my bat and attacked them till they lead me to freedom... And risk my life?

I peeked through the small crack of the cabinet, watching a young man saunter in. 

Oh my.

His hair was tousled, damp as if he had just taken a shower. His whole upper body was exposed, glistening, with a towel wrapped around his waist. Oh... And his abs... Such symmetry and chocolaty-ness. Om nom, they are so perfect. My eyes followed the middle line of his abs downwards, examining his Adonis belt* as it disappeared under the towels. He brought his hand up, running his fingers through his hair. His bicep rippled. I felt heat rise in my cheeks, as I snapped back to reality and tried to see the person as a threat. He seemed familiar. But with most of his hair in his face, I couldn't make out the features of his face. 

He grabbed the corner of his towel and began pulling it away, causing my head (and ovaries, duh) to nearly explode with arousal. I shut my eyes, trying to think of other things to cool me down. After some rustling, I slowly opened one eye. He was wearing pants now. Sadly. He began to turn around. 

Oh poop. He was coming this way. I panicked, trying to wrap the clothes around me so I wouldn't be seen. Maybe this is the wardrobe to Narnia. I tried pushing the back of the cabinet. Nope.

Before I could do anything, the door opened. His eyes widened before he returned to a neutral expression. And then he smirked, checking me out. I felt exposed, despite the fact what I was wearing was the equivalent of baggy shorts and a loose, sleeveless tee.

I was stricken with horror. It was Ken, from VIXX. Sh*t! I procured the bat and began to rapidly bash him in the head. 

He must have been surprised, because he fell backwards without defending himself. I bashed him several more times, for good measure, before heading to the closet door. I shut it behind me, locking it. Mere seconds after I did, I heard his body slam against the door. 

"Open this door right now!" he demanded.

I stuck my tongue at the door and did a little victory dance. It was a very ephemeral dance, as the whole body ramming approach was very effective. 

The door, which was wooden, was starting to crack. Eeep! 

I quickly moved away, navigating myself through the open doors. Before I knew it, I was in a hallway. I sprinted in one direction, as quickly as possible. I soon realized, that this was the exact same one I temporarily ventured through, before being tossed into a room. I felt so pumped up that my legs just kept going. I soon came to the front entrance. There was some masked figure who was standing guard, and I wasn't going to let him stop me from saving okaasan.  

We stood opposite of each other, like a showdown, waiting for the other to act first. Then, without warning, I just charged and bashed him head-first. He must have been a true hard head, because the bat snapped.  

His eyes bored into my head, as he was really pissed. He then grabbed my arm, making me wince from the strength of his grip. Grabbing the door handle which I had kept earlier, I flung it at his crotch. He doubled over and I took the opportunity to finally get out. I laughed at him before making my escapee towards the door.

I flung the door open before I stopped. I was looking head first at Chanyeol. My mind went blank as I tried to process what was happening. I couldn't process it fast enough, as I started babbling. 

"Yo-you wha-ha-?"

He was about to open the door, but I had obviously beat him. Behind him was the rest of EXO, some in their enormous wolf form. But I saw mostly Chanyeol, his face filled with anger, relaxing towards relief. 

"Ayu..." he whispered.

I wanted to cry. My knees threatened to give out. They were here. This emotional rollercoaster that had been today was taking another sharp turn. My only physical response was to have contact. I stepped forward and quickly wrapped my hands around Chanyeol's waist, leaning my head against his chest. As swiftly as I put my arms around him, with no hesitation, he wrapped his large arms around me. I was enveloped by his smell and warmth. He smelled of grass and cologne. I never wanted to let go. I let out a sob, as he rested his head against mine.

I'm not alone anymore. They'll be there for me. He gave me a reassuring squeeze, as if he read my mind. I've never been so relieved to see someone before. I felt his heart beat against my ear, which soothed me a little bit, as I closed my eyes. They'll be there for me. I snuggled myself closer to his chest, as he held me even tighter. 

"Thank you for coming for me" I whispered. 

"Always"

 

 

 

 

 

 


Wow... This chapter was weird. It was sad, strange, ~ay~, and fluffy. What happened to the mood of my story? Was it because I was gone for so long?

*If you didn't know what an Adonis belt is, I hyperlinked an image to the word (both here and in the chappie). It was the least y one I could find. >-< Do you know how long it took me to find what the name of the pelvic, v-line thing was called? Not that I'm complaining about the images... They are perfectly fine ;D

[It isn't a pic of an actual male form. It's more of a rather large and zoomed in picture of a statue... I don't want to get kicked out by AFF -_-" So I don't think it'll be a major issue if your mom/dad/sibling/roomie walked in. He or she might think, 'This person is really into Greek art. Such an intellectual!']

LOL. I dunno. If it is too ual, please notify me so I can deal with it ASAP!

I'll try to update again soon!