Chasing Happiness

Chasing Happiness

Xiao Xun sat across from them, she saw their weird interactions.

Gui sighs, "w-what what are you doing here?"

He leans forwords and whispers to her, "what are you doing here? I'm your Ge. Weren't you staying with your dad?"

She looks back at Xiao Xun and forces a smile, she leans in towards Ah Ben and whispers to him, "of course I was. I just had somethings to do here."

"What things?" Ah Ben sighs, "how do you know her?"

"We just met this morning. Besides, don't you have work to do? Why are you here? Does dad know you're here?"

"This is my work," he told her quickly, "I have business to do here."

"Business?" Gui thought about, "are you ordering fish all the way from Hsinchu?"

"Of course not," Ah Ben says immediately. He then looks at Xiao Xun and takes out the envelope from his pocket.

Gui looked at it for a while, "what is this all about?"

Ah Ben shook his head as he looked at her, "it's a business probelm." He looked back at Xiao Xun and hands her the envelope, "your mother is Pauline Chen right?"

She was confused, "how do you know my mom?"

Ah Ben doesn't say much, he just lets the documents speak for itself.

Xiao Xun saw the numerous words, it began to melt into her heart. She saw the DNA tests, the pictures, every single information on her. She threw them onto the table and stands up in fury. Her eyes fill with tears.

Gui saw the pictures, even the pictures of her dad. She picked it up from the ground and stared at it for a while. She looks back at Ah Ben, "why do you have a picture of my dad?"

Ah Ben was shocked, "your dad? Mr. Wu is your dad?"

Gui look back at the picture and saw the papers on the ground, she dug through it, reading everything on it. She looked at Xiao Xun, speechless.

***********************************************************************************

Aaron is sound asleep, his heart beat on the monitor. Beside him is Hebe. She holds his hand lightly, thinking to herself 'what if this is the last time I see him.' Not once does she take her eyes off him. As she carresses his face, she sees the yellow envelope peeking out from under his pillow. Suspiciously, she takes it out. Doubtfully letting go of his hand and takes out the paper work from under it.

"Stupid nurse," Ya Tou says coming in scaring Hebe, who quickly hides the envelope beside her. "Hebe, you're still here?"

Hebe stands up and places it behind her, "yeah."

Ya Tou falls onto the couch and stretches out her arms in a yawn. "Hebe, where did Ah Ben go?"

She clenches onto the envelope and shakes her head, "he had to a little job for me. He'll be back tomorrow."

Ya Tou nods and looks at the time. She takes out her phone from behind her and dials a number.

Hebe slowly walks into the bathroom and closes the door un-noticingly, slowly opening the envelope, taking out the documents intrusted inside. Her eyes skimmed through the words, already tears have fallen from her eyes.

"Hebe," Ya Tou knocks at the bathroom door, "I'm going to buy drinks, do you want something?"

She wipes her tears and clears so as to not make suspicion, "I'm fine."

"Okay."

Hebe waited until she heard the door closed that she finally came out. Her eyes draw towards Aaron, she could only break down more.

*************************************************************************************

"Gui!"

She ran out towards the sea, over looking through waves. Gui took in several deep breaths and falls to her knees.

Ah Ben ran towards her in exhaustion. He looks at her and sighs, "tell me... your father is really my boss?"

She refused to look at him, she could only cry.

"Gui..." Ah Ben finally stands in front of her, "why are you crying?"

Gui finally looks up at him and wipes her tears away, "I don't want to..." she takes in a deep breath, "I'm just not prepared..." She forces a small laughter, "Ah Ben... how is it like to be a big brother? To have a younger sister... and a younger brother. Is it a nice feeling?"

"Gui... are you stupid? They're your brother and sister too."

She shook her head and covered her ears, "no! I don't want it to be!"

Ah Ben held onto her shoulders, "what are you saying?!"

Gui continues to cry, tears stream down her eyes as she looks at him. She slowly falls down to her knees, "I love him too much..."

"Love him? Who do you love?" Ah Ben says staring at her. He saw how hard she cried, how much she begged for her words to come true.

The sound of the waves could not drown out her voice this time, neither can her heart with held her secret any longer.

"Ge ge..." she says, "I love Aaron..."

=============================================================================