Chapter 21. Announcement

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

The two of them spent the rest of the night, working together to develop the new products that were useful. They also made the payroll again, made sure Jung Daehyun had a schedule for his appearances. They also started a marketing campaign for new ways to promote their products.

Working all night caused Mi Cha to pass out on the couch, head on Joong Ki's chest and he rested beneath her.

Gwang Soo came in the next day and saw the sign was still on the door, he went up to it and knocked. There was no answer so he took the sign off put it away and knocked again.

Still, no answer. He sighed as he rapped his knuckles on the door one more time and it opened, a sleepy Joong Ki answered. His hair was out of place and his eyes were barely open.

"What is it?" Joong Ki asked loudly.

"Did you stay here all night?" Gwang Soo asked in disbelief.

"Yes, after getting distracted in the afternoon. I had to finish work overnight, Mi Cha stayed to help. We got a lot done actually." Joong Ki answered.

"Well, good then. You two getting married will be a good match then." Joong Ki's father said, appearing from behind.

"Father." Joong Ki said, startled before standing up straight to greet his father. His body was alert now and he made sure to hide Mi Cha in case of anything. She stumbled up from the couch and fixed herself a bit to be more presentable.

"Miss Yang Mi Cha is there with you yes?" His father asked him.

"Yes, but what do you mean you want us to get married? You don't believe in the rules?" Joong Ki asked back.

"After what Seonwoong said, there are meant to be exceptions. We can announce your engagement and send him an invitation, I'm sure he would like to receive one." His father answered. "What day work for you? 6 months from now?" 

"Umm.. Don't I need to propose to her first?" Joong Ki asked back.

"Yeah take care of that this week. And I'll make the engagement announcement." His father said, giving him a dismissive wave. "She's bound to get hate so she might need to stay with us for a bit." He said, walking away from Joong Ki's office. He had his cell phone in hand ready to make the calls.

Joong Ki stared blankly as his father's back walking away. "What just happened? Does that mean he's okay with it then?" He asked aloud.

"Yes, he has been planning for you to get married to your soulmate anyway." Gwang Soo told him.

"Oh really?" Joong Ki's gaze rolled over to Gwang Soo. He eyed his friend, "He was going to have us announced once it was official..?" 

Gwang Soo chuckled, "Obviously, anyway, I've set aside some time for you to go shop for a ring, if you like." He told him.

"I'm not sure what to get her." Joong Ki muttered lowly.

Mi Cha came over to the door and smiled at Gwang Soo before hiding. She had heard what was said. "Isn't 6 months too soon?" She asked quietly.

"Nothing is too soon for my father. He'll be able to get whatever you want within that period. Better start telling me about your dream wedding, sweetheart." Joong Ki said, jokingly. He closed the door on Gwang Soo and took Mi Cha into his arms.

"Why does he like me? He hasn't met me?" Mi Cha asked him.

"Gwang Soo approves, so therefore my father approves. Gwang Soo is my father's eyes and ears.” Joong Ki explained to her as he walked the both of them back to his couch. He gracefully put her on his lap and smiled, “So about the dream wedding…"

~

"All Korean Gossip is pleased to be the first to announce Korea’s most eligible bachelor Song Joong Ki’s engagement!” The blonde reporter said energetically. 

“He is going to be married to a lovely girl who he met on a blind date. They are working together now and once he is married, his father will step down from his CEO position and allow his son to take over the company. Congratulations to the new couple!” She said and the screen cut out. 

The man smiled to himself as he saw the news, the two matchmakers had done it yet again. He knew he could trust them, of course, blind date was not how they usually worked so he was certain the gossip only knew the lie.

He looked down at the other envelope he had received from the matchmakers. He had gotten the invitation of the Ox’s wedding but he also received pictures of the Rat with his mate and she was already pregnant. 

But they were smiling and that made him at ease, those two wouldn’t have to worry but he knew there would be more problems to come. The Tiger was not one so willing to change.

“Thank you so much for helping them.” He said aloud, knowing that the two women could hear him. They smiled at their screens when he looked at them unknowingly.

“We did good this time.” Ailee said proudly. 

“That we did. But there’s some loose ends to tie up now isn’t there?” Hyori asked her.

“What do you mean?” Ailee asked back.

Hyori pointed at the screen where there was an angry woman storming down the street, “Do you really think she’s going to take the news lightly?"


Author's Note;;
So I had this one loose end.. And then after that is just wedding stuff.. :o
And some naughty stuff;) hehe :3