Knowing

The stream's mist(DISCONTINUED)

*Jin Goo*

When I got to class, I ignored the gazes from the girls and went to where You-Jung was sitting. It turned out that I and You-Jung had the same 7th period class, humanists.

"Hi You-Jung" I greeted. She didn't even turn to look at me. She just took out her notebook.

"Well how ar-" I continued rambling. As she finally turned and looked at me, I clamped my mouth shut.

"Be quiet" She said, her voice low and firm. She looked quite intimidating.

A girl behind me suddenly squeaked, dropping something. Being me, I turned around to help.

"You're Jin Goo, right?" She paused, picking up the last of her books. I handed her the books and gazed at her.

"Yeah, I'm kind of new here" I said as I got up.

"I know. I'm Mina" She brought out her hand and I shook. As I turned around to go back and sit down, Mina stopped me.

"What?" I asked, turning to look at her.

I stared as she took a couple of moments to speak.

"I wouldn't sit by You-Jung if I were you" she said.

"Why?" I braved myself to ask the question. I mean I deserved to know why.

"Mina?"

"She's the freak at our school" She sighed, slumping down her shoulders.

I looked back at You-Jung who was just sitting there. I looked back at Mina again, confused.

"Do you know why she's the school freak?" I queried, curious. She didn't answer me immediately and she appeared to be thinking of something.

"You really want to know?" She suddenly asked. I rolled my lower lip into my mouth and nodded.

"I'm sure it's nothing bad" I said, flicking my eyes at her.

"Have you noticed the audio player that she's always holding?"

I nodded my head. The player that she had got me curious.

I watched as she bit her bottom lip, her eyes looking back at You-Jung.

"She has that thing for a reason," She said, her voice getting lower.

"Oh why?"

She inhaled and looked behind me again like she was making sure that You-Jung couldn't hear us. She was going to tell me a secret. She leaned closer to me and whispered.

"She's blind, Jin Goo."

I turned around and went back to my seat, waiting for the teacher to come.  To say that I was surprised was an understatement. I was utterly shocked. Thoughts ran through my head. I wondered why she was attending a regular school instead of a special school for the disabled, and what caused her blindness.

The classroom door flung opened and a young woman trudged in, holding a stack of books in her hand. She was beautiful. Her dark brown hair shimmered in the bright light. She looked to be in her late twenties. She had a smile plastered on her face.

"Hello class!" She said happily, placing the books on the front desk. Her eyes wandered around as the class died down.

"To start off, turn to your neighbor and tell them what your favorite music is as of this moment" My heart instantly stopped. Why was my lovely new teacher making me talk to You-Jung, the girl who apparently hates me? I turned and stared at her. With her black hair up in a high bun, she was definitely in the natural beauty category.  Taking a deep breath, I finally turned myself to face her.

"Hey You-Jung"

No response. This wasn't good. I decided to give up trying while I had the chance.

"You finally know about me, right?" She asked flatly.

"Umm...yeah"

She nodded her head, still looking ahead.

"That's good. A guy like yourself shouldn't be sitting with a freak like me. You're just like everyone else. I thought that school was supposed to be the best experience" She said, sarcasm hitting each word.

"I don't see you as a freak," I said defending myself, "You're the one calling yourself that"

"Whatever" She shrugged.

"What's your favorite music?" I asked.

"I don't like listening to music" She replied, her voice the same. I blinked in surprise, slightly taken aback. At least she was talking to me even though the mood was sour.

"Oh well, I like B2ST. You know, the annoying auto tune type of stuff," I laughed, sheepishly.

She remained silent, her face expressionless.

"Don't talk to me" She whispered, her voice barely audible. She looked way too good to be an angry person.

"Are you okay? What's your problem?" I asked, in a harsh tone. I didn't know why she was still being mean.

"You're my problem...no let me rephrase that, YOU and EVERYONE else are my problem. You guys should all shut up and quit bothering me" She said, sighing heavily

"Oh...I'm sorry if I was bothering you." I said, wiping my palms against my thighs.

She surprised me when she spoke, "Auto tone is for talentless people"

I raised a brow, "Let me guess, you don't like music like that?"

"No"

"I figured that"

She let out a smirk, not looking at me. I let out a smile, staring at her intently, studying her face. She had nice cheekbones.  And her smile was a rare one. I caught myself staring and cleared my throat.

The teacher walked towards us and smiled.  Her gaze instantly fell upon me.

"Hello, I don't think I've ever seen you"

"Oh I'm Jin Goo. I just moved here" I said, smiling.

"Ah ok," She grinned, glancing at You-Jung.

"I saw the two of you having quite an interesting conversation"

"Ah...yeah...that" I let out a chuckle.

"Good" And with that, she walked away, heading towards another pair.

"She's a very nice lady" I let out.

"You don't even know her"

She let out a scoff before speaking, "You know that you're a really annoying person"

"I know"

We sat awkwardly in silence until the end of class ended. I watched as she unfolded her cane and proceeded to exit. I watched as she slowly walked away, curiosity burning in me.

"What happened...to your eyes?"