Realization

The stream's mist(DISCONTINUED)

*You-Jung*

I got up from where I was sitting and went to the bathroom. I grabbed the flashlight from under the sink and sat on the edge of the bath tub. I turned it on and pointed it straight at my eyes. Nothing....I saw nothing. If only I could see, then I would have been able to fight back Mr. Kwang, instead of cowering away like the coward I was.

That night, I slept in the bath tub. I would wake up randomly in the middle of the night crying. Afraid that he was going to come back and finish what he had started.

The alarm on my phone sounded, signaling that it was now 11:30am. I brought my hands to my mouth and let out a yawn. I grabbed the edge of the tub and sat up. I got up and walked to my bedroom. I got some clothes which consisted of a long skirt, a T-shirt, and a sweater. I went back to the bathroom, where I took a quick shower and changed. I brushed my teeth and headed to the ruined kitchen. I grabbed some melon bread and ate it as quickly as possible. I needed to get far away from this apartment. At least for one day. I went back to the bedroom where my cane, key, and phone were. I shoved all of them in my pocket and headed out the door. I walked back to my room where I found my sunglasses sitting on the night stand. I put it on. Thank goodness it was Saturday and I had all of my homework done. I walked down the street and headed for the intersection nearby. As I stood waiting for the light to turn green,

I couldn't help but feel someone observing me from the behind. I moved behind others to keep myself away from the person’s view. When I heard the movement of feet, I began moving. I wondered around town, thinking of what Soo Hyun had said. He was right on some levels. Technically speaking, I did get him involved by screaming out his name. I felt a hole in the pit of my stomach as I recalled what I had said to him yesterday. I never meant to say any of those things. When it was around 2pm, I decided to call it a day and headed on back home. When I got there, I climbed the steps to my floor but stopped midway towards my apartment door. If I wanted Soo Hyun to help me, I needed to apologize. I changed my course and headed for his door. I knocked on the door and waited patiently. I knocked again when I heard no reply. I dug my foot at the floor with the toe of my shoe. I tried not to let myself become too hopeful of Soo Hyun accepting my apologize after the way I treated him. After a while of waiting, I gave up and turned around, preparing to walk away when a voice stopped me.

"What do you want?" Soo Hyun asked. I turned to his voice and let out a smile.

"Are you just returning home?" I asked, curious.

"It's none of your business. What do you want?" He asked again. I waited and listened as he turned the lock of the door.

"I came to apologize for what I did and said to you yesterday. I made a mistake and misjudged you and for that I'm very sorry" I bowed my head, showing my sincerity.

"I'm sorry you wasted so muc-"

"I'm apologizing for the bad behavior that I displayed in front of you, Soo Hyun"

"Like I said before...I'm sorry you wasted your time waiting" He said evenly, as though I hadn't understood him the first time. And with that he opened the door and closed it in front of my face. I swallowed my disappointment, quietly scolding myself for getting my hopes up. My pride had been injured. I my cane and looked back at the door one last time. I slowly walked back to my door, about to insert my key when the door behind me opened.

"Wait...apology accepted" he said. I withdrew my hand and put my key back inside my pocket. I turned around and smiled at him, feeling happy.

"Hey...may I stay over for today?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Ah...um...if you want"

"Thank you" I smiled politely. I walked the short distance and went inside. I stood at the small foyer, waiting for Soo Hyun.

"Aren't you going in?" I heard Soo Hyun ask. I turned around sharply, causing me to bump into him. I pulled away, rubbing my head.

"Sorry..." I whispered. I turned around again and headed on straight. I stopped in my tracks and turned around again.

"You need to put some medicine on those wounds...." Soo Hyun said in a low voice. I dropped to the floor and spurred around my legs. I took of the sunglasses and put it beside me. I sat and listened to Soo Hyun's movement in an unknown part of the apartment. He came a few minutes later and sat next to me.

"This is all that I have" He sighed, throwing it on the surface of the floor. I let out a smile and searched for the medicine. I finally found it.

"Its okay" I reached my hand, searching for his hand. My fingers enclosed around the ointment. I reached out and grasped Soo Hyun's hand. I placed the ointment in his hands. I sat there waiting. I felt his hard fingertips brush against my cheek. I closed my eyes as he cleaned my lip and the cut above my eye. I pulled away as he was applying the ointment. 

"I'm fine now" I said. I grabbed a hold of his hands.

"You got hurt" I ran my fingers over his knuckles. There were opened wounds.

"I'm fine" He pulled away his hands and got up.

"Have you eaten yet?" He asked.

"Yes, have you?"

"Yeah"

"May I sleep here for tonight?"

"If you want"

I got up and brought out my hands. I wrapped my hands around his toned arm and got close. He walked to his bedroom.  He led me to what felt like a bed. I sat on the bed with him beside me.

"Where is your mom anyways?" He asked.

"She went back to our hometown to attend a funeral. She wanted to bring me along but I told her that I'm a big girl and I don't always want to be depending on her" I responded. I felt he get up and opened what sounded like window curtains. I felt the sun hit my face. I brought out my hand and reached out my fingers.

"Thank you, Soo Hyun"

I smiled bleakly, withdrawing my hand. I folded my hands and rested them in my lap. I felt him sit by me.

"Soo Hyun..." I used my hand to grasp his face. I turned his face towards me.

"Look into my eyes" I whispered.

I withdrew my hand and stared at him. I felt his hand hover over my face, his hand slightly trembling as he touched my face. He cupped my face and pulled me close. I felt him come closer and closer.

A tingling sensation ran through my body as I felt his lips meet mine. So gently kissing mine as I drowned in the wave of my emotions. He pulled away, his face hovering over mine. I smiled, touching my lips as I looked at him. I wrapped my hand around his neck and kissed him. I placed my hands on his face, tracing his facial features. I pulled away and hugged him. I rested my hands on his waist and placed my head on his chest.

"I like you, Mister Soo..." I admitted. I didn't care that he was 13 years older than me.

I liked him and that was it