Truth

The stream's mist(DISCONTINUED)

*Soo Hyun*

I stared down at Yoo-Jung, wondering why her lips were moving, and why her face was tear streaked. I couldn't make out the words that were being spoken.

I had long shut off after the words, "Mom, why? What happened to them..." and then there was no sound but the movement of her lips. I let out a sigh of relief as her lips stopped moving, and her breath became softer.

I sat down at the foot of the couch, smiling. As I stared at her, I forgot everything else in the world. My troubled past...

I stared at her for what seemed like an eternity, feeling pain with every growing minute.

"Yoo-Jung" I whispered, "If only you knew what I really am..." 

I wanted her to know, but I didn't know how to tell her. I reached over and shook her lightly. I watched as she stirred a bit, her eyes fluttering opened. She sat up, blinking a few times.

"Yoo-Jung, I'm home..." I greeted, scooting close to her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips against my cheek.

"Welcome home, how was your day?"

"It was okay" I answered, pulling away. I stared at her as she produced a paper.

"I got a letter from my mom but it's not in Braille" she said, handing me the letter. I ripped it open and unfolded it. I stared at the letter, the side of my mouth twitching.

"Read it" I suddenly heard Yoo-Jung say.

I cleared my throat and began to read.

Yoo-Jung, this is mom
Remember the times  we spent together, Like a wind of joy that came and went.
Choosing my path and our lives to mend.
I hope that God will make up for this loss, And maybe in future our paths will cross.
Till that day comes, I thank you for the moments we had,
And for me, so much, I loved and cared for you.
I tried to deny my true feelings of resentment towards you...
Apologizing won't be able to solve it
For this, I am sorry
Good-Bye to you, my child...

I crumpled the letter and threw it on the ground. I couldn't believe what I had just read. Her mom was abandoning her. I balled my hands into fists and clenched my jaws in anger.

"Soo Hyun" Yoo-Jung suddenly spoke.

"Yes" I grumbled, not wanting to look up. 

"Are you okay?" I asked with a soft voice.

"Yeah I'm alright...I just need some time alone"