Knowing- Part II

The stream's mist(DISCONTINUED)

*You-Jung*

I flinched at the question, my body wincing slightly.

"It's none of your business" I said, a hint of tiredness in my tone.

"I want to know" he asked.

"I know how it feels when people talk behind your back...especially things that aren't pleasant to hear" He said, coming closer.

I peered at him curiously before saying, "It was an accident. Things like that happen all the time, right?"

I turned around and began walking away.

"Wait! You-Jung!" Jin Goo shouted behind me, trying to chase me down. I didn't stop like most normal human beings would do. I didn't even show any sign of stopping as I exited the classroom. I sped up my pace and walked down the crowded hall way.

I bumped into a person, stopping for a second to apologize. My pathway cleared as I passed by. I felt someone grab my arm.

"You-Jung..." His voice trailed off as he attempted to catch his breath. I lifted my head up to his face. I tried to conceal my anger but couldn't.

'Why...are you trying to run away from me?"

I pulled my arm away harshly, causing him to stumble forward.

"Who said I was running away from you?" I said, "And even if I was, it's obviously clear that I don't want to talk to you."

"What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing"

"Then why don't you want to talk to me?"

I let out a low grunt, "Oh my goodness! You're so annoying. I just don't want to talk to you, ok!" I barked. I heard a few people stopping, probably staring at us.

"Okay..."

"Well bye" I ended the conversation. And turned around.  I didn't know where I was heading to but I didn't care as long as I got far away from Jin Goo.

"Where are you going? I can help you get there faster" I heard him from behind. I ignored him and tapped the floor with my cane. Nothing was in front of me.

"You-Jung...."

"I don't want your help" I snapped.

"Do you even know where you're going?"

"Yes I do"

"You're a big liar!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"I'm not a liar! And I don't need your stupid help!" I growled. I looked at him in shock at my sudden behavior. Here I was, being mean to a person who can possibly be the only friend I'll ever make in this school.

I sighed before speaking, "Look, Just do me and favor and leave me alone, ok! I don't need your help" I turned around again and began walking away.

I stopped and turned around, "Stay there!" I warned, pointing a finger at him.

Luckily, as I walked through, people parted a way. Too bad the luck didn't stay around for long as I bumped into a guy. The guy pushed me against the wall.

"Watch where you're going, stupid!" He yelled and I ignored him and walked away. I kept my head up straight even though I was embarrassed and pissed off.

The same guy muttered something like "Freak" and everyone in hearing distance all laughed. I bumped into another person, and I was howled at again. Everybody in the hallway were laughing at me now, mocking me...displaying how perfect humans were.

I felt Jin Goo's familiar arm grab my arm.

"Watch out..." He said.

I stopped talking as he led me out of the school building.

"Where are we going?" I asked, trying to fill the awkward silence between us.

"To the bus stop" he told me.

I let out a long sigh.

"Why are you doing this?" I inquired, sounding so desperate.

"Doing what?" he asked, dubiously.

"Helping me" I said.

"Is it weird that I'm helping you?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"You know what? Just forget it," I said my voice flattering. We boarded the bus and sat down.

I bit my lip, folding my cane.

"What happened?" He suddenly asked.