Chapter 8: 14 February

We've got chemistry.

 

In will of trying to do well for Chemistry, firstly for myself and secondly to not disappoint Hyukjae, I've been juggling my hectic lifestyle miserably. I just at time management. 
 
It has only been near to a month since I've started tuition with Hyukjae and really putting in full effort to improve on my results... And I'm exhausted. I swear I felt like studies had already taken over me and there was nothing else to look forward to in life. 
 
Sadly, it wasn't only academically that I had to concentrate and work on, I had dance practice commitments to fulfill as well. 
 
Remember it was just last month that Mr Park was mentioning about us having to prepare a valentines day dance performance. Since then, Hyukjae and I had been constantly practicing the steps over and over again. Not because we were bad but because he was too good.
 
The day of performance finally came, the 14th of February.
 
There I was, at backstage, touching up my makeup I had to put on for the performance. 
 
"Eunmi, that color looks really nice on you!!" The girls from dance commented enthusiastically. 
 
Ever since people in school found out that me and Hyukjae were dating, the girls in dance had been treating me nicer than usual; offering drinks, complimenting me, holding conversations with me... It felt nice, more weird but still nice. 
 
As the saying goes, a situation always has its' flip side. The flip side of having some of the girls being nicer to me, of course there would be increasing haters- Sora and the other girls.
 
Good gracious, they are getting more... 'Ferocious' every time I see them. I honestly fear for myself after Hyukjae graduates. 
 
Snapping back to reality, 
 
"Oh, thank you!" I replied with a smile. 
 
"So, what type of girl does Hyukjae like exactly?" One girl asked. 
 
"Pretty? y? Cute? Tall? Smart?" Another added. 
 
"Ohohoh, must she have long hair like yours too?" Followed by the third girl. 
 
As they were packing me with questions, I couldn't help but think why exactly were they asking all these for? It's as if they are trying to become Hyukjae's dream girl and displace me with my information. 
 
As the girls were anticipating my reply. A guy's voice was heard. 
 
"No, that girl doesn't need to have long black hair like Eunmi, she doesn't have to be y tall and smart and all. But She just has to be my Eunmi." Hyukjae stepped in just in time to help me answer the girls.
 
"Hyukjae?" I said as I walked towards him, hiding behind him, avoiding eye-contact with the girls. I was a tiny bit nervous when I saw their smiles turn upside down right after hearing Hyukjae's respond. 
 
"Hey baby." Hyukjae said with an outstretched arm. 
 
"Shhhh" I nudged, shy by the way he called me. 
 
"It's okay, everybody knows about us now" he smiled and held both my hands in his and dragged me out of the waiting room. 
 
Before I got pulled out by Hyukjae, I sensed this intensive hatred beaming towards me, and needless to say, it was sora glaring at me, filled with resentments. I shuddered in fear, but decided to ignore since I had Hyukjae beside me. 
 
He then brought me to his classroom, which is currently empty, since students were gathered at the hall. 
 
"Hyukjae, what are we doing here? We have a performance to put up, you know." I reminded him. 
 
He kept silent and pulled me to the ledge in front of the window and placed me on top of it. 
 
So technically, he was standing in front of me and as for me, who was sitting down was taller than him.
 
He then placed my hands on his shoulders and his on my waist. 
 
Since I had a wide periphery of vision, I was aware that he was staring endearingly at me, but I was so shy, I dare not look back at him. 
 
Instead, I shift my eyes here and there, anywhere but into his eyes. Due to the awkwardness, I was fidgety but was still enough to remain within his arms.
 
After a good 20 seconds or so, just before I die of fast heart rate...
 
"Eunmi" he said just loud enough for me to hear, even though the room only had the both of us. 
 
I jumped a little and stopped all movement. With my face turning hotter and hotter, I bravely looked into his eyes. Gosh, I bet I looked like a tomato, how unglamorous can I get. 
 
The next thing I know, I see Hyukjae coming nearer to me. I did not back away because I knew what was going to happen and I know I wanted it as well. 
 
Caressing my supple cheeks, he lifted my chin slightly ; with our noses almost touching. 
 
Then finally, our lips met.
 
It was so magical, the way his lips connected with mine, his lips smiling against mine, it felt so right and in place. 
 
Before it could escalate up to anything more, we broke apart. 
 
"Baby, happy valentines day." He said as he brushed my fringe behind my ears. 
 
"Happy valentines day too, Hyukjae." I chuckled as I patted his cheeks. 
 
"Will you promise me you'll never leave me and you'll always love me no matter what comes between us?" He asked choking on his words, swiping his thumb against my cheeks.
 
His face was etched with sorrow and it looked like he was on the brink of tears. 
 
"Hyuk-Hyukjae ah, what's wrong? Are you o-" 
 
"Just answer me, will you still love me?" He grabbed my hands tighter and held them to his chest...
__________________________
 
Hello, so sorry for the late update, I'll be taking my National Exams in less than 90 days, and I have loads to study for... 
Anyway, I really hope you'll like this chapter :) I re-wrote it at least 5 times since the first few attempts didn't really go as well, and due to some of my own carelessness the second one got deleted. 
I hope this chapter is not too bad as I did spent some nights trying to put it up. 
Please comment and subscribe if you like this story! Thank you. 
Follow me on Instagram? @eunhyukjaes [I post all suju pics, mostly eunhyuk]