Chapter 3: Confession

We've got chemistry.

"Hey Eunmi, listen." he stuttered with his face flashing shades of red. 

I had no clue was he was up to so I just stood there and stared blankly at him, but on the inside, my heart was racing faster than the speed of light when his hands were holding mine. By the way, they were pretty darn soft for a pair guy's hands.

Since it was evening, the neighborhood was rather quiet and so was where we were standing, which led to a tiny awkward pause that seemed like it lasted for hours when he, I suppose, was trying to say something.

"Can I ask you something? And I really hope you will answer me" He said and also asked.

"E-erm, sure? But I dont know if I have the answer to what you might wanna know." I stammered.

"I'm sure you will have the answer to this, though." He assured me.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked with uncertainly as I was just expecting a nice and friendly 'Bye!' but this situation with the hand grabbing and all seemed a little too over done for just a simple goodbye, right?

"Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?" He questioned with his face turning redder and redder while biting his lips, along with slighly shifty eyes. 

I was instantaneously out of words and a little confused. I mean, was that a pick up line Hyukjae just said? I'd always thought Hyukjae was not the kind of guy that used cheesy pick up lines. Hahahah. Wait, Hold On. That was a pick up line. He just said a pick up line to me. A pick up line to me from Lee Hyukjae?! Am I actually awake?

"A little too much for you, maybe?" Hyukjae asked me, avoiding my eyes. I swear he looked like he had just dipped his face into a pail of red pain, and again with the biting his lips. I think I had never seen someone blushing so much before. 

"Eh e-erm, I-I e-erm... A-are you...?" Shoot, I couldnt't articulate my words properly. I was too overwhelmed by the entire situation now that I had lost my words. 

"Yes, I am trying to get this amazing girl in front of me to be my one and only. But I guess pick up lines werent really the best way to do that. B-but it was Donghae's idea though." He quickly clarified with me with his shyness slowly subsiding but still with the lip biting.

At first, I thought my ears were playing tricks on me and I wasn't sure if what I just heard was actually really what I thought I heard, luckily Hyukjae then said something to me that allowed me to re-confirm that what I heard was what I wanted to hear.

"Eunmi, I like you." He smiled.

"I know this is sudden but I wanted to let you know that I fell for you. I've been noticing you eversince elementary school. In my eyes, you are the cutest and prettiest girl in school, just like an angel sent from heaven. So sweet, innocent and so precious to me. Your gorgeous smile just stole my heart away and for all I know, you have yet to return it back. So, don't return it. Instead, will you be mine?" He finally confessed.

While he was confessing, apart from knowing that I could potentially kill myself due to the extreme rate of my heartbeat and heat engulfing my face. I felt his grip getting tighter and tighter, and through his eyes I could tell that he was sincere and by his actions, it showed that he wasn't intending to let me off his sight at all. 

As I was still trying to recover from the really surprising situation that had just happened, Hyukjae pulled me into his embrace. I felt like the happiest person alive. 

"Precious, you don't have to reply me now. Take as long as you want to get back to me, its okay,I will wait for you. Just know that, I love you" He said softly beside me ear. I nodded. 

Right after we parted.....

"Hey!! Im home! Sorry to keep you waiting, you must be hungry." My mom said while carrying shopping bags out of the car.

"Oh, well Hello, are you Eunmi's friend? Why not you come in and join us for dinner?" My mom asked Hyukjae while stepping up to the front porch. 

"Yes, I am Eunmi's friend, my name is Lee Hyukjae. It's very nice to meet you, Mrs Jung. Oh, no its okay, I was just getting ready to get home before my mom starts calling for me. But still, Thank you very much for the offer. I should go now. byebye" He bowed to my mom, then shifted his sight to me and smiled. And off he went. 

"He likes you, doesn't he?" My mom asked me while unlocking the door. 

"What!? Nonononono-" I denied with the heat coming back to my cheeks again.

"No lying." My mom cut me off.

"Argh. Pshhhhhhhhhhh, yea." I said admiting defeated.

"Hahah, you can never hide anything from me I tell you, Jung Eunmi. But thank goodness that someone actually likes you, like, finally! I thought you would never be able to leave this house married. Hey, he's is quite a handsome looking young man, well mannered too. You're in luck Eunmi, don't lose your chance!" My mom commented. 

My mom is my best friend, I can tell her everything, partly because she kind of has a mindset of teenager and she is very open to everyone, including my friends which I don't really have much. She is just a cool and awesome mother. 

Putting all the fun things aside, as I stepped up to the second floor, where my room was. I started to ruminate on how I was going to reply Hyukjae. I know I really wanted to say yes to his confession but there was just too much worries. Firstly, My studies aren't doing very well. Secondly, there's Sora the and thirdly, we are from totally differently worlds, he is so perfect. How could a Price Charming be paired with a 'nothing'? I plunged onto my bed, with all the negativities floating one by one to my brain, even the urge of calling Miseon to tell her about this slipped out of my mind since I really didn't want to occupy my mind with it right now.  

"What to do?" I thought as I sink into my dreams. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey people, so what do you think about this chapter? I hope its not too awkward since I have 0 experience in writing such, if it is, I'm sorrrryyy. Please do tell me what I can do to improve the story, its very much appreciated. :) okay, Good night people.

Main image taken from tumblr, credits to owner.