Chapter 5: Yes

We've got chemistry.

 

I flipped open the note and it read
'[some numbers], 24/7 at your service;)' 
 
I held at his gaze only to see him smiling cheekily at me. 
 
"You can have it back." I said, slipping it into his back pocket, cooly yet unwillingly.
 
"You don't want my number?" He asked, surprised. 
 
I shook my head.
 
To be very honest, I wanted his number so badly, how I wished I had photographic memory so that I could remember his number within the split second when I opened it. Even so, I know it'll be dangerous for me to have his number. Either I would end up confessing to him uncontrollably or Sora would somehow find out and I'll be screwed. 
 
It was finally 7pm, time for dismissal. 
 
"Hyukjae, thank you." I said politely, handing him his nicely folded jacket he borrowed me earlier in the morning. 
 
"Return it to me tomorrow." He insisted. 
 
"But, why?" I questioned.
 
"Just do as told." He replied. 
 
The next morning, he was again outside my front gate patiently waiting for me. I ped my bag pulling out his jacket intending to return it back to him. He ignored me. 
 
This had continued for days, he ignored me deliberately, suddenly treating me as if I was invisible, like I had unknowingly burst into thin air. 
 
Annoyed, I flunked open his classroom door one day and asked for the teacher's permission to see him outside class. 
 
"You finally came and look for me on your own accord, what's up?" He asked nonchalantly. 
 
"What's up?! What's up?! Your jacket's up! What have gotten into you these few days?! Do I look transparent for the past week or have your eyes gotten partially blind?" I roared at the top of my voice. 
 
The others would not be able to hear us as we were miles away from the main building. 
 
"Eunmi-" 
 
"Now, here's you jacket I've been carrying around for the past few days begging for you to take back." I retorted as I shoved it into his chest. 
 
Turning on my heels I stomped away, not too far along though, as Hyukjae pulled my left arm causing me to make a twirl, ending up positioned in front of him. 
 
"Eunmi, I know I said that you can have all the time in the world to get back to my confession, but I just cannot wait anymore. The more I see you, the more I want you." He said solemnly staring right into my eyes.
 
"I know you like me too, don't you?" He asked, trying to double confirm with a glimpse of tears hanging around the corner of his eyes. 
 
At that moment, tears kept falling down on my cheeks. I didn't know what to respond, I was too overwhelmed by his earnest confession, I couldn't bring myself to lie to him anymore. 
 
Through my reactions, Hyukjae already knew my reply- yes, I love him. 
 
He pulled me into his embrace and gently patted the back of my head, calming me and himself down. 
 
"Eunmi ah, it's okay if we are worlds apart, even though you are everything I'm not, we can still be in love." He comforted me, totally answering to all my worries of accepting him in the first place. 
 
"How did you-" I questioned him, sobbing.
 
"Like I said, I just happen to know everything my baby is thinking" he winked and we chuckled. 
 
We once again went back to each other's embrace, enjoying the last few moments together before we head back to class. 
 
"So, girlfriend?" 
 
I nodded. 
 
"Well then, I think you'll need this back." He said as he slipped the note he offered his number on into my back pocket while we were still hugging. 
 
 
----------------------------------------
Hey people.
I know this story is kind of draggy and long winded, I'm really sorry but I really have no abilities to further improve on my English till its like the other authors, making their story so nicely written. English is my first language but unfortunately, I'm better in my second. So please bare with this slow author. :(