Chapter 10: Just a Bet

We've got chemistry.

 

"Look!" Hyukjae said as he held his phone to my face.

 

And on his phone, I spotted his wallpaper, the neoprint that we had just taken and at the back of his phone a sticker of it. 

 

"This way, I can boast to my friends how pretty and cute my girlfriend is." He told me proudly, along with a hint of aegyo.

 

Unable to keep a straight face any longer, I let out a chuckle. 

 

As soon as Hyukjae has confirmed that I wasn't mad anymore, he pinched my cheeks and said. 

 

"Aigooo, Eunmi ah. C'mon" 

 

Not knowing where exactly he was bringing me to, I just followed. 

 

Soon, he pulled over at somewhere very familiar to the both of us. 

 

"Remember this place?" He asked.

 

I nodded. 

It was the cafe where we first became so close to each other. 

 

As usual, Hyukjae ordered me my favourite- Caramel Cappuccino. We then quickly found a seat that was available and coincidentally, it was the one that we sat at when we first visited this cafe. 

 

It was the same cafe, we had the same drinks and were sitting on the same seat, everything was the same except for the gloomy atmosphere. I could tell that Hyukjae wasn't in his best mood. It's like he has mood swings, one second he's cheery and all but the next, constipated and quiet. 

 

It was silent all throughout the entire time when we were slowly sipping down our drinks. I didn't dare to speak a word since Hyukjae gave off a vibe completely different from before. 

 

Was it something I've done? I wondered. 

 

Next thing I know, Hyukjae finished his drink and took a look at his watch.

 

"It's now 4.30pm, I'm yours for over a month and now we're officially game over." Hyukjae said as he smirked and tapped on his watch. 

 

I totally did not see this coming. 

 

I was stunned by his words, totally unable to bring myself into the context to grasp the situation at all. 

 

"W-what?" I gave a small laugh, in hope that I either had heard it wrongly or am falling for one of his jokes. 

 

I was shocked but not yet stupid, I knew what exactly he meant theoretically, just not why he said it, so seriously. 

 

"Eunmi, you're a nice girl, just not my type...(mumbles)....

 

He was talking, he was explaining, I just didn't bother listening. 

 

All I concentrated on was, 'Not my type'. What did he meant by I'm not his type. Okay, so only now did he realize I'm nice but not up to his standard. 

 

"Donghae started a bet and now, it seems like I've won." He continues, or rather, just other parts of his explanation I didn't mind listening to. 

 

Then, there was another moment of silence. 

 

"So, all the things you've done was fake? All those hugs and kisses were to put up a show? All those just to win in a stupid bet?" I asked, trying my best to swallow back my tears. 

 

His eyes originally meeting mine looked away. 

________________

Hello guys. 

Sorry for the really late and short update. I probably won't be able to update as often as I used to. But I promise I'll start updating after 11Nov. 

I hope this chapter is alright, since I did stay up all night to write, we(me and author number 2) really hope you enjoyed. :) 

Leave a comment before reading other stories, ya? :) 

See you all real soon!