Chapter 12: Kiss

We've got chemistry.

So, all I have to do is to be able to provide Hyukjae with a sum of money that Sora’s father could.

That shouldn't be too difficult. And so I thought.

Donghae smirked as he saw my confident posture.

“Eunmi ah, we’re not talking about small amounts you know? Could be up to millions.”

My eyes widened as I let my jaw drop.

“Just give up, Eunmi. I’m sorry.” Donghae said as he swiped my fringe.

No. Way.

I’ve set my mind to not give up until Hyukjae comes back to me.

On my way home, I was gathering all possible ways to find money in my mind.

My family was reasonably well to do, not ridiculously rich but still, rich. So, I could ask Dad for some money!

“Jung Eunmi! How dare you ask me for such a huge sum of money so easily! There’s no way in hell I would grand you such silly request so simply. Money doesn't grow on trees!” Dad yelled.

Just as I thought, Dad hated people who do not work for reward.

“So… If I start working now, would you lend me the money??” I asked, politely.

I didn't get a solid answer from dad as he stormed away but I’d take it as a ‘yes’.

The next day, I sent out countless slips of job applications and within hours, I’ve got multiple interviews to attend after school.

These are what I ended up with, schooling in the morning, waitressing during the afternoon, dish washing in the evening and restaurant delivery at night.   

Hectic but its okay, all worthy for Hyukjae, I’m sure he’d do the same for me.

Mom had tried talking me out of working many times, but I refused listening as I strongly believed with my perseverance, dad would soon come to realize that sum of money meant a lot to me.

* * * *

It has been nearly 2 months since I’ve started juggling such busy lifestyle. Not only do I have to deal with time management, angry customers and an overly exhausted body.

What I find hardest to deal with was, every now and then Sora would come forward and start boasting about how well her love life with Hyukjae was. Not forgetting the bunch of other girls who laughs behind my back ever since, I was dumped by Hyukjae.

Nonetheless, I was extremely elated at the same time, as I had successfully made dad realize that I wasn't just some daughter that asks for money for silly things.

Tomorrow, with dad’s agreement, I could finally stop working. That makes tonight, the last delivery to send. Yay.

I soon arrived on the top floor of a business building. When the lift door opened, it was a dully lit office. Not knowing if I had reached the correct location, I decided to phone the customer to confirm.

“Oh, yes you’re at the right place Miss. To your left, you should find a room with lights on.” He said through the call.

Hmm, what an awfully familiar voice.

I immediately spotted the room as it was the only one with lights turned throughout the entire level.

‘Poor fellow, working overtime…’ I thought as I knocked on the door.

“Come in” I heard faintly from the other side of the door.

“Delivery for Mr Park Hyungjoon” I cheerfully said as I entered the room. Absolutely not expecting to see him. There was no Park Hyungjoon, only Lee Hyukjae.

“Hey” He said as he was leaning against the front of his table, with his arms folded.

“Hyuk… Hyukjae!” I leaped towards him, throwing him a big fat hug.

“I’ve missed you.” We both said at the same time.

"How did you know I was coming? And, why are you here??" I asked.

"This is my dad's company. Have you forgotten? I know everything." He replied. 

“Hahaha, ohh, Wait, where’s Sora? She’s here isn’t she?” I tiptoed and stretched my neck as long as I could to see if Sora was anywhere to be seen amongst the chairs and tables.

Hyukjaes chuckled. “No she isn’t, she can’t even if she wanted to”

“What? Isn’t she your ever so lovely girlfriend?” I mumbled.

“Not anymore. The only ever so lovely girlfriend I have is you. I’m sorry for everything baby.” He said.

I smiled to say that it was all alright.

He placed his hands around my hips, we locked eyes and slowly, he pulled me in for a kiss. It had been such a long time since we kissed. I’ve missed him dearly, the way he used to hold me and kiss me ever so softly. And now, I’ve finally felt it again. 

The way our lips connected was magic, it was gentle making me feel like I was lying on clouds. His soft lips then widened slightly allowing his tongue to trace along my lower lip for access. His tongue then began exploring the interior of my mouth, before we know it our lips met again, coming down into great passion.

Hyukjae’s kiss spoke love and mine spoke eternity.

* * * *

Apparently, Hyukjae’s father wasn't too keen on working with Sora’s family from the beginning, therefore accepted my dad’s helping hand in bringing the company back up. Slowly but surely, the company is improving.

Killing two birds with one stone, this decision also successfully allowed us to be back together, not as a bet of course but a couple that could embrace each other in the best way possible.

 

THE END

__________________________________

Extremely sorry for the late update, guys.

I wanted to stop writing since I wasn't sure of how to end it (had some issue ><), but I thought I really should. 

Thank you so much to those that subscribed and commented, thanks a million for sticking around and for being so patient.

My apologies to those who expected a better ending T_T

Maybe I’ll see you all in my next stories? :)

Bye Bye Bye.