chapter 1: In Class

We've got chemistry.

"So now, does everyone understand why ionic bonds have high boiling and melting point?" The teacher preached. Everyone in class except me were nodding their heads, diligently writing down their notes.

What was I doing? I was admiring the boy of my dreams, whom had just walked pass our class during our chemistry lesson. I just couldn't take my eyes off him, I kept ogling at him as though he was a precious antique jewel treasured by historians. I was totally mesmerized by every action he did. Merely walking down the hallway looked as though he was stepping down a runway. 

I was only 13 when I first know he existed. [We were from the same elementary school] It was when I was a first year student in Highschool did I gradually germinate feelings for him, he was a year older than I am so he was already in his second year when I entered the new school. 

His name was Lee Hyukjae. He had a beautiful canvas complexion completed with his five perfect facial features. He was fair skinned with broad shoulders, perfect for a girl to lean on. He was a little skinny yet at the same time had toned muscles and rumor has it that he had a 6 pac body.

Being the school's dance club's top dancer, he was pretty well known in school. He was extremely sociable with the entire student body, maybe apart from me as I was like a wallflower. Not to mention his outrageously well academic performances. In many people's eyes, he was the most perfect guy in school that probably has it all. In my heart, he was god sent. 

"Snap out of it, Jung Eunmi! Hyukjae had long walked passed, its time to re-direction your focus back to Chemistry." The teacher suddenly called out to me.

Okay, I got it Mrs Kim, I know that you and I and the whole class knows about my little crush towards Hyukjae, but it'll help for you not to repeatedly voice it out. 

[I once slept in class and my habit of sleep talking relapsed during my dream, it was about me snuggling into Hyukjae's embrace and I started saying "Hyukjae why are you so handsome? Can you be more perfect than this?" Since then, the so called 'secret' affection towards him was not so secretive after all.]

And Mrs Kim, what do you mean by turn my attention back  to Chemistry? I was never into how Mr Einstein discovered this and that. Yes, Chemistry was my worst subject, it was totally alien to me, it made absolutely no sense how could fluorine displaced bromine or whatsoever.

Even having thought so, I immdiately jerked my head back to my book and started scribbling something to show that I was doing my work. My best friend, Miseon, looked at me and let out a small laugh. It was like her daily routine to laugh at me whenever Mrs Kim mention something about me and Hyukjae, she cant help but snicker smugly at me as it reminded how I had burst my own secret bubble while sleeping.

It was so humiliating after Miseon shook me out of my dreamland and I woke up only to find 40 pairs of eyes darting towards me. After hearing what Miseon whispered into my ears, my face turned red immidiately and I literally wanted to bury myself underground due to shame. I did not believe that I actually said those things aloud in school. 

At the end of the last lesson, I rushed to the dance studio not wanting to be reprimanded any further  for being late by my dance teacher, Mr Park. Did I mention I was also in dance club? The only difference was Hyukjae was so much better than me.

"Class! Settle down! I have an important announcement to make." Mr Park said while gathering us to the centre of the room. 

"Since it is now nearing the mids of January, it is time for us to prepare our Valentines day musical performace, Mrs Ahn and I were thinking of making the musical more of a Romeo and Juliet skit. What do you people think? Too mushy? No? good." Mr Park suggested all excited. 

"This is going to be a little new to the first year students so I would like to arrange the partnering this way. First year students would be paired up with a second year student, of the opposite of course. This is to ensure the older ones can help lead the juniors. Seniors, you guys are on your own, pick a partner your age and make sure you all set good examples for your juniors." Mr Park made his point clear and expects the best out of every decision made, no one in the right mind would ever disobey the strict Mr Park. I personally like him better when he acts all sissy and dramatic.

The seniors went on pairing themselves up. Leaving the younger ones to debate among ourselves about the groupings. Slowly, I saw pairs forming up. I was slightly disheartened as it was a tradition that I would be the last to be paired up with someone. And as everyone knows, the last always gets the 'left overs'. 

"Argh, would the rest of you back off and stop crowding around Hyukjae oppa?! I should be the one pairing up with him. It is only I, Son Sora, the dancing queen deserves to dance with the dancing king." Sora claimed with her nose in the air while clinging on to Hyukjae's arms.

"Tsk" That . It was obvious that Hyukjae didnt have feelings for her at all and there she was wrapping herself all around Hyukjae, totally oblivious to the fact that Hyukjae being a nice polite gentlemen was trying to kindly bursh her hands off his. 

When I saw Gabriel, one of the 'left overs' walking towards me, to be honest, through much experience with the other loners, I would already predict before hand that he would firstly point out to me since the both of us were the last to be picked why not we just pair up together, and all of the time, I would have no choice but to agree. 

As  I prepared myslef to hear out for Gabriel. Instead, I heard someone else. This voice was so soothing, calm and collected. It was like the sound of bells chiming, and I could tell immidiately whose voice it was. 

"Eunmi, shall we pair up?" A little too nervous at the situation, I lifted my head slowly to confirm.

As soon as I looked up, my eyes burst opened in disblief. I bit my lips and nodded shyly to react to his question. 

"Cool" he said standing by my side.

Yes, It was him-Lee Hyukjae.