Chapter 6: Result

We've got chemistry.

 

"Jung Eunmi!" Ms Kim called my name as she was giving out the chemistry test paper we had taken a few days ago. 
 
Trembling, I placed the script on my table, facing down of course, not wanting to disclose the mark(s) I gotten. 
 
"Eunmi ah, it won't be as bad as the last test when you only got 3/100. Don't worry." Miseon said, I don't know whether to take it as an indirect insult or an encouragement. 
 
With my heart racing maniacally, I gathered my courage and flipped the paper taking a quick glance over at the top right hand corner. 
 
"9?!" I squealed, covering my mouth not because I was sad, but I was elated I actually improved by 6 marks! 
 
"Jung Eunmi, your marks are atrocious, there's nothing to be happy about. Stay behind after school to see me!" Ms Kim reprimanded me. 
 
I nodded, biting my lips. 
 
As soon as the school dismissal bell went off, the students rushed out the classroom like a swamp of bees. Leaving me to face one of the fiercest teacher, Ms Kim. 
 
Miseon couldn't accompany me as she had piano lessons. 
 
After 35 minutes of Ms Kim's crap. I dragged my heavy footsteps out of the classroom, with my head hanging low.
 
"Hey." 
 
"W-wha", I jumped a little. 
 
It was Hyukjae-my three days old boyfriend. 
 
"Hey..." I sighed, rolling my eyes. 
 
"I missed you." He said hugging me from behind. 
 
"Stop it.." I said inanimately, untangling myself from him. 
 
The silence continued until we reach the school's front gate. 
 
"You're not gonna tell me what's going on?" Hyukjae stopped me and asked. 
 
I remained silence. 
 
"I've been waiting for you for close to 2 hours and this is what I get?" He whined, pouting. (Classes ends at different timings) 
 
Not being able to resist his overloading cuteness, I sighed. 
 
From my bag, I reached for my paper and handed it over to him. 
 
"Yah, Eunmi." He said with a serious tone. 
 
"Have you been missing me too much during chemistry class thus your lousy results?!" He asked, bursting into laughter. 
 
I snatched the paper away with a really sad expression plastered on my face. 
 
"Come on, lets talk." He said, grabbing my hand, leading me somewhere. His grasp was firm but I could feel the kind and gentleness of him. I know he cares for me. 
 
We settled on this wooden bench at the park near my house. 
 
Since I was still as upset as ever,  I sat only at the corner of the bench, facing the other direction from him. 
 
I can feel that Hyukjae wasn't oblivious to the situation and wants to make it up for his reaction earlier but I just couldn't bring myself to show him that I'm over my issues. 
 
I felt a pair of hands wrapped around my waist, lifting me up. When I got back down, I found myself sitting on Hyukjae's lap. 
 
He took the chemistry paper in his hands and sighed. 
 
"You want help?" He asked, sweeping my side bangs behind my ears. 
 
"Jung Eunmi, face it. You need help for chem. Let go of your pride and seek help. Besides, it's Hyukjae, everything's gonna be okay." I thought to myself. 
 
I crooked my head down towards him but avoiding his stare and nodded. I really didn't want him to know just how bad I am in this...
 
"Wait, how about your own studies?" I asked Hyukjae, not wanting to disturb his grades. 
 
"No worries, your boyfriend, I heard is very smart." He self praised himself as he tapped his head. 
 
I chuckled and pinched his cheek slightly, I'm really thankful that he is willing to help, I hope he knows what trouble he is jumping into....
 
"Well, how about we have a deal? If I can help you pass the next chemistry test, you'll come on a date with me. Okay?" He asked wriggling his body a little causing me to sway back and forth. 
 
"Oookay." I replied with a hint of disappointment. 
 
In my heart I was thinking, Hyukjae ah, is this how you're really gonna ask me for a first date. I guess I was expecting too much. 
 
"Yes!" He cheered like a little kid, hugging me tightly. 
 
Looking at him overjoyed, I couldn't bare keeping a straight face and ended up letting out a laugh. 
 
As expected, only Lee Hyukjae can make me overcome my setbacks. 
________________________
Hello, I hope you ppl will like this chapter. :)