Chapter 2: Coffee

We've got chemistry.

After Hyukjae asked me if I would like to pair up with him, and I agreed. Over at the corner of my eye, I saw Sora's jaw wide opened, I swear an elephant could have entered that mouth. Somehow, I felt like I have finally won something over that . 

Sora was the same age as me, us and Miseon used to be good friends when we were younger but, she lost all her memory she had including us being friends after a tragic accident she met when she was only 10. Things just went downpour since then, not only did she forget about Miseon and I, she started despising us for no particular reason and turned into a completely different person.

To be more accurate, from an angel to a devil. All the atrocious doings she done to prank me and Miseon were intolerable. Try having textbooks missing half its contents, cockroaches creeping up from your hoodie, glue smeared all over your chair, vandalised lockers and random part of your hair suddenly disconnecting from your scalp magically appearing in her palms. Painfully, we always fell for her stupid traps. She was born skimming, argh. I guess the proverb 'Once bitten twice shy' isnt completely stuck to our minds even after the numerous pranks.

During the first 3 days of practice, I could feel the intense gloomy vibe behind me whenever I was dancing with Hyukjae. It was like every single girl in the studio that wanted to dance with Hyukjae would wish to be able to skin me alive and throw me down a well.

On the bright side, I only had to deal with 19 pairs of eyeballs staring at me, since dance club only had 20 places each for females and males to get into. Which compared to other clubs its already very little people. I guess you can count dance club a prestigious club in our school and it was rather difficult to get in.

But I ignored them when I'm in front of Hyukjae, I just pretended that I couldn't careless about them while he was leading me in the dance steps. Deep down, I was scared out of my wits, those death glare they shot me every 5 minutes was unbearable. 

"You are doing really well, Eunmi" Hyukjae commented.

I felt like my heart skipped a beat whenever he calls my name, it was so...nice.

"Thanks" I replied, along with an eye-smile.

At the end of practice, I was packing up my things ready to head home when Hyukjae suddenly called out to me along the stairs. 

"Eunmi, would you erm, like to grab a coffee with me?" Hyukjae asked me from behind.

Oh my goodness, I thought. Did that really came out of Hyukjae's lips? Are those words really directed to me? I was so surprised. 

"S-sure. Why not?" I replied with my heart all fluttery. We then made out way to coffee bean. 

"Is caramel cappuccino okay?" Hyukjae called upon me.

"Are you kidding me? That's my favorite!" I exclaimed.

"Haha, great!" Hyukjae smiled. 

Surprisingly, throughout the entire time when I was conversing with Hyukjae, it wasn't awkward at all. In fact, it was really fun. We talked about everything, we gossiped about how laughable Mr Park was always so dramatic and awfully hilarious. It just gave me the feeling as if I had known him from ages ago. 

2 hours later, we had just finished our drinks and he offered to walk me home. On the way to my house with Hyukjae strolling by my side made me extremely tingly inside, my heart just wouldn't rest, omg.

"Okay, we're here." I sounded when we stood at my front porch.

"Yea, I guess so" He said. 

As I was fishing my keys out of my bag ready to slot the keys into the keyhole, feeling slightly bitter that our little hangout is coming to an end. All of a sudden, Hyukjae slipped his hands on mine.

"Hey,Eunmi, listen....."