Chapter 11: Donghae

We've got chemistry.

 

'Unbelievable' was the only thing that went through my mind. 

I was on the brink of tears, I felt my cheeks getting hotter, eyes getting heavier and throat all clogged up. 

Without a word, I simply slipped out of my seat and left the cafe for good. 

And the whole time, Hyukjae was just looking at his stupid shoes. 

Only several steps away from the cafe, I turned back, hoping to see him chase for me, but he didn't. 

As soon as I turned away from the route that leads to the cafe, behind a lamppost, I broke down in tears.

"Oppa~!" I heard suddenly, a noise very familiar to my ears. 

I curiously stuck my head out and saw Sora along with her red Benz. 

Not surprisingly, she was in the midst of throwing herself onto someone, a guy specifically. But what caught me off guard was, that guy, was Hyukjae.

So, Hyukjae was with that person while toying with me?

This makes no sense or whatsoever. 

I know Sora's character, she wouldn't have agreed to let Hyukjae join this stupid game, especially since it involved me. 

"Oh! Eunmi ah!" I heard.

I turned around only to see a smiling Lee Donghae. 

What. A. Coincidence. 

That smile, I wanted so badly to smack it off his face.

"Whao, that's fast. Did Hyukjae text you about how he won in your silly little bet already?" I said filled with grudge and sarcasm accompanied by a few tears trickling down my cheeks. 

"What are you talking about? Putting that aside, are you okay? Why are you crying? Did something happen?" He asked, as if he was even a tiny bit concerned about how I actually feel. 

"Cut the act. Hyukjae already told me about the bet you dared him to do- making me fall in love with him. Is that the only things you guys are interested in?! Making a girl fall head over heels for you and when you get her, you just dump her like she's some kind of a old rag?! How childish can you people get!?" I was losing my mind as I scolded Donghae. 

What boiled me even more is to see Donghae's puzzled face. 

"Don't act like you have no idea what I'm talking about!" He just drove me insane thus I cried even more. 

"Ok... Eunmi, I swear that I am clueless to what you just ranted about. I did not ask Hyukjae to do anything at all. If I lied, I would fail my mid terms." He said, crossing his heart. 

That curse he casted on himself, made me stop and ponder. 

Donghae puts his exam grades before everything, he would never ever take such things lightly. 

I guess he must be speaking the truth. 

"You... Didn't?" I calmed down and asked. 

He shook his head and reached out to my face to clean my tears with his sleeves. 

"Thank you" I said, apologetic to my rude preaching earlier. 

"Now, I need to know what is going on" Donghae sat us down at a nearby Ice cream shop. 

"Ohhhh......" He finally revealed his face after having it covered by the huge cup of ice cream he ordered, after I've explained. 

"That brat. He's gonna get it from me soon." Donghae said determinedly . 

"Not with this messy child, he won't" I said as I picked up a serviette and wiped his mouth all smeared with vanilla ice cream. 

He's cute.

Then, I heard the door chime ringing. It signaled that customers had entered the shop. 

Fortunately or unfortunately, it was Hyukjae and his 'new' or maybe old girlfriend streaming into the shop for a date. 

When Hyukjae's eyes darted towards me, even only in split seconds, I sensed a kind familiar vibe that he had, back when we were together. 

'What on earth am I thinking?' 

I was quivering with anxiety due to my silly detection of "love" in the gaze of Hyukjae's eyes, when donghae suddenly stopped gobbling down his ice cream and stood up. He was making his way to the washroom. 

As if on cue, Hyukjae too, excused himself to the washroom. 

Oh my, this is awkward. I was left with Sora. Instead of being all stiffened by the weird atmosphere, she very comfortably took Hyukjae's phone which was left on the table and ripped a keychain off. 

A bear that had came along with the chain, was then placed next to the serviette holder at the side of the table. 

I recognized that keychain, as I have the exact same one. Only, mine was a bear with the other side of a broken heart- it was a couple keychain. 

The sense of intense anger tempting me to bite off her head engulfed me, I did my best and fought back with my feelings because I was conscious about the fact that, I am no longer Hyukjae's.

But still, she has no right to do that! Ugh, and she did everything so slowly as if she was afraid I could tell what she was doing. 

Upon taking a huge breath trying to calm myself down, donghae came back, and so did Hyukjae. 

As soon as Hyukjae sat down, he noticed the bear that was originally supposed to be strapped to his phone not being in the state that it should be.

Deep down in my heart, I was silently hoping that he would have a huge, maybe angry reaction towards sora about her irresponsible act. 

But he lost his ability to even utter a single word. He was sitting there, looking just a tad bit concerned for the bear and before anything could happen, he stood up and suggested sora to some other shops. 

"Eunmi, I know what's going on here. Hyukjae told me not to tell you but I think you really deserve to know about this." 

"I'm listening" I assured him as I took my sight off that poor bear sitting on the table. 

"Hyukjae is not in love with Sora. The only reason they're together is because it's an arranged marriage. Apparently, there’s some financial issues with Mr lee’s company." 

"So he still loves me?" I asked 

"I, think so" he answered me uncertainly. 

"You think? Think? Did he not say anything about me?" 

"He was mum about it. I'm sorry" he apologized. 

I heaved a sigh. 

"I'm so sorry, don't be sad" he apologized again. 

"Oh I'm not sad, I'm going to make him come back to me." I smirked. 

Donghae then had his jaw opened wide and had a face filled with confusion. 

"If he doesn't like Sora, it means that he still loves me. Don't you get it?" 

He shook his head. 

"Oh my, Hyukjae is obviously still in love with me. You see, it's not a bet like what he claims to be. He is in a arranged marriage. And he never liked Sora. Don't you get it?!" I explained really fast. 

He shook his head once more. 

"Look Hae. My women's sixth sense is telling me that, so it has to be it. Understand?" I was getting frustrated. 

"Perfectly!" He suddenly lit up. 

Phew. Finally. 

"Wait. But, Hyukjae's father need financial help from Sora's father." Donghae very kindly reminded me. 

"Who says only Sora's father can provide such help?" I raised my brows.

_____________________________

Hello everyone, we promised to update after the 11th but we decided to update this since we were given a short break before the next test. Anyway, we really hope you enjoyed this chapter :) we twigged it from our original story plan, so we hope it doesnt come off too weird.  Please leave us a comment before reading other stories? thank you!