Chapter 4: Test

We've got chemistry.

 

Hey people, I'm so sorry!! I can't seem to ever get my fonts right. I'll try my best to keep them constant in the future. Sorry!

-----------------------------

"Eunmi!! Wake up, you lazy bum or you'll be late for school!!" My mom shouted at the top of her lungs from the first floor. 

I immediately widened my eyes, quickly jumping out of bed, washed up and threw on my uniform getting ready for school. 

"Morning mom! Where's dad?" I greeted her cheerfully as I leaped down the stairs. Somehow, I felt rather happy and jumpy today.  

"Your father had already head out to the office since 5am , now come here before the pancakes gets cold." My mother instructed as she placed some pancakes on the dining table. 

After gobbling down my breakfast I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulders. 

"Bye mom!" I waved while getting out of the front door, slipping into my school shoes. Just as I was getting out of my front porch gate, I saw a silhouette of a guy casted on the ground. 

Slightly feeling nervous I stretched out my arms and pulled the front gate open. To my surprise, I saw Hyukjae on a piece of lollipop with his body lying against my wall. 

"Oh, morning baby! Did you sleep well?" Hyukjae smiled at me cheerily.  

"I'm not your baby and what are you doing here at 7 in the morning? Where's your chauffeur?" I asked expressionlessly, noticing his lips flaming red.

I felt like I should not let him know my feelings for him after the little discussion I had with myself last night. We are just so different. Maybe I should try distancing myself from him so as to not fall for him any deeper...

I tried putting on a couldn't-care-more look but to be honest, it was like I had a mini heart attack when Hyukjae called me baby.

"Correction, you are yet to be my baby, you'll be soon" Hyukjae winked.

I smirked and rolled my eyes, then saw a little cut on his lips, I couldn't stop scrutinizing on his red puffy cheeks, I meant literally red lips.  

"What's up with your lips?" I asked.

"Its n-nothing." Hyukjae smiled sweetly and started walking beside me. 

I started ruminating... 

"Your lips... Was it, was it because you bit your lips so many times yesterday? Hahaha!!" I laughed hysterically, holding my stomach that hurt from all the laughing and tears of joy pouring down my face. 

While trying to pull myself back together, Hyukjae shoved his lollipop into my ginormous laughing mouth with his cheeks painted pink. 

"Eishh, haha. That should shut you up." Hyukjae snickered. 

"Oh and by the way, you just had an indirect kiss from me, you are welcome. Now, I want mine" Hyukjae said teasingly while gently tugging on the end of the lollipop out of my mouth and letting it re-enter his. Then walking ahead, smiling gleefully. 

"W-what is this guy doing?! Omg, t-the, his lolli, my mouth and then h-his... Eish, never mind." I complaint softly, shaking my head vigorously for a moment trying to swing away the scene of what Hyukjae did.   

It was early in the morning, the peace and quiet atmosphere surrounded us. There wasn't much people or noise around us, there wasn't much of anything except the freezing cold wind. 

As we walked, the wind gently brushed against our faces and blowing ever so lightly through my hair... 

"Oh, good gosh! It's so cold!" I squealed breaking the silence.

Hyukjae was shocked by my sudden comment. He then let out a laugh. 

"Hahahah here, take mine." Hyukjae took off his jacket and laid it over my shoulders. 

"T-thanks" I blurted. His jacket was so big and warm, Hyukjae's scent surrounded me, I felt so protected and secured like a baby wrapped in a mother's embrace. 

"Wouldn't you be cold? Its freaking 18 degrees today." I asked him whilst half taking off the jacket intending to return it back to him.

"You return me and I'll hug you to keep you warm" Hyukjae teased while coming closer and pulling the jacket back on. I took in a sharp breath due to the body contact we shared for a few seconds. My cheeks felt piping hot and I couldn't bear to imagine how red my cheeks were. 

The moment we set foot into school, I sensed thousands pairs of eyes darting towards Hyukjae and I, eyes of envy, jealousy, curiosity and hatred everywhere. 

"Uh-oh, I'm died. Sora saw us, damn it." I thought. 

"It's okay, just leave her alone" Hyukjae replied out of the blue. 

"W-what? Did I just say that out loud?" I asked, shocked. 

"Nope, I just happen know everything my baby is thinking" he smiled ruffling my hair. 

"I'm not your baby!" I whispered as loud as my lungs could bring me.

"Yet." Hyukjae winked while walking to his class. 

I was left outside my class standing still not knowing what I reaction I should have. 

"Yah! Jung Eunmi! What are you doing standing here? Get your into class now." Ms Kim hurried me. 

"Good gracious, Eunmi, what's that?" Miseon asked looking at Hyukjae's jacket on me. 

Coming closer to me, bending her head towards my chest where the name tag was and read, "Lee Hyukjae..." 

"Lee Hyukjae? Sounds familiar..." She muttered, crossing her arms, frowning, trying to recollect. 

"Ohh my gosh" I face-palmed myself, falling backwards into my seat. 

"OH. Lee Hyukjae as in the Lee Hyukjae, our school Lee Hyukjae that Lee Hyukjae?" Miseon asked as she widened those eyes of hers so big that it looked like they were on the verge of popping out. 

"Mm-hmm" I nodded. 

She gasped with her hands over , eyes still as huge as ever. 

"Come here" I whispered, gesturing her to lean closer so that I could tell her everything. 

 

"Shut up girls" Ms Kim interrupted. 

"You have a chemistry common test to sit for now." Ms Kim said, waving the stack of question papers in her hands in the air. 

"Test? Did you just say a test? Did she just said a chemistry test?!" I asked Miseon frantically. 

She nodded.

"Crap." I mouthed, burying my head into my arms banging it against the table. 

I'm died, I'm sure to flunk it. Waving that stack of question paper is as good as waving a handful of death notes at me. 

"Okay, pens down, your time is up." Ms Kim announced as she goes down the row to collect our script. 

It was the first lesson of the day, why did it have to start this way? I couldn't believe my level of retardation in chemistry was this deep... I am officially helpless...I'm sorry mom and dad, I've once again disappointed you two.

 

*ring~*

"Eunmi, don't be such a gloomy , cheer up, I'll see you tomorrow Kay? Bye!!" Miseon comforted me, tapping my shoulders. 

I dragged my heavy footsteps across the school hallway, making my way to the dance studio. 

The moment I swung open the main door, there was a sudden ominous silence as I unintentionally interrupted Mr Park. 

"Excuse us." I said bowing, referring to the dark cloud I have been carrying since morning and myself. 

I closed the door and made my way to my usual corner. Thank goodness Mr Park was a sensible man and understood different difficulties we were facing and thus didn't make a fuss over my late attendance. 

"Okay, as I was saying......" Mr Park continued, and I planned to listen attentively until I caught a glimpse of Hyukjae making his way nearer to me at the corner of my eye. 

He planted himself beside me and handed me a small piece of note. 

I gave him a suspicious look as I slowly revealed it.