Hope

Your Calling

JYP ordered that a dozen men or so be paired up and then sent them out to search for any clues nearby. Nickhun paired up with Minjun, whereas Chansung went along with Taecyeon. They travelled all the possible areas that the boys could have been taken to. Seoul was huge and there was also a possibility that the boys could have been taken outside the city. Still, it did not stop everyone's determination to continue searching. A few passerbys who recognized the boys had been rather restrictive to their movement. But fan-service was still called for, and they happily obliged it before continuing what they were doing.

 

"We won't find anything if we keep searching around aimlessly." Nichkhun said after they had been searching for about an hour. The neighbourhood was teeming with people who wanted a snapshot of them. Girls giggled at the sidewalk, calling out their oppas, and kids were jumping excitedly next to their parents. Minjun heard one kid telling his mother, "Umma, that's Minjun hyung!" The mother simply smiled back at her child.

 

Minjun tried to think of something to narrow down the search. He knew that he wanted to look for any clues related to the boys, but WHERE to search for those clues was utmost important. At this rate, they would need to walk over the city before anything could be found.

 

"It's at night, yes?"

 

"Yeah..." Nichkhun replied numbly.

 

"So, in order to make sure that no one could see what they were doing, they must do it somewhere dark, right?"

 

"Very dark. Possibly in a neighbourhood with a lot of high fences and no one wandering around so much at night."

 

"Obviously, we can establish that it would not be in the middle of the city, so there's too many people there."

 

"Dark alleyways?" Nichkhun suggested.

 

"Still too risky." MInjun replied. A thought suddenly crossed his mind. He took out his walkie talkie and said something into the speaker. JYP's voice responded. "Why do you want to know that?

 

"Just check the CCTV and see what time the van was brought back from the time it was taken?"

 

They waited for a few seconds before their president's voice came back on. "An hour later."

 

"So the captors must have taken them somewhere really near the company because they need time to put the boys into another vehicle. And then the baseball under the seat, it was also cleaned, so it would also take a minute or two to wash it. Since time was used to clear up the crime scene, and then having to drive the van back to the company, park it and escape, in other words, it should be somewhere really near. Any place near that is dark and usually empty at night."

 

There was no response from JYP for a moment, and just when he was about to say something, Nichkhun suddenly cut in, realization hitting his head. "THE PARK! There's a park not so far from the company. I remembered we passed by once when we were escaping from our dorm during Wild Bunny's first episode. It was so dark over there. I saw no passeby, probably also because it was raining."

 

"There's a park nearby?" Minjun asked, puzzled. How was Nichkhun able to identify as a park when it was dark and rainy that night. He decided to trust whatever source he could find They told JYP about the park, and the president agreed to quickly send someone over to check the park. After that, Minjun and Nichkhun went off to find Taecyeon and Chansung, who were tiredly waiting for them in a convenience store, sipping cold drinks. They went over to the park together.

 

______________________

 

It was a small park, just a patch of land in the middle of the city, with trees planted around the compound and a playground for children at one corner. Benches were provided for those who wanted to enjoy the serene nature that the park offered after a long day at work. It was clean, and during the daytime, only a few people could be seen. Couples were walking along with their fingers intertwined and elderly people were sitting on some of the benches, watching over their grandchildren at the playground. The boys' eyes, however, were searching about for any signs of their missing band members. Just as JYP said, two of his men had come to check the area, searching under benches and behind trees, even inside garbage bins.

 

Minjun searched around the whole park and discovered that they were only a handful of lamp posts circling the compound. The distance between each lamp posts were so far apart that he was sure anything could have happen inside the darkness in between, including kidnapping celebrities. Taecyeon and Chansung searched the area outside the regular walking paths, whereas Nichkhun asked a few people present that day if they had seen anything odd lately. The answers he had gotten disappointed him. Minjun searched inside garbage bins, trying to find anything the captors could have thrown that was still there. But he knew whatever it was would be missing by then. The park was probably cleaned each day.

 

Three hours later, just as they were about to give up, Chansung spotted something suspicious. He called his hyungs to come and check. Taecyeon was the first to arrive. He took up the item into his hand and stared at it. When Minjun and Nichkhun finally approached them, Taecyeon turned to Minjun and passed the item over. "It's Junho's button, from the jacket you gave him last Christmas." He told Minjun.

 

The older guy inspected the button closely, realized that it was true, and called JYP on the walkie talkie next. "Hyung-nim, we found the crime scene."

 

__________________________________________

 

Hours by hours,

Little by little,

His joy gradually replaces his glower, 

His hope is not belittled,

His strength becomes empowered,

As their life becomes more brittle.

 

The thinning chains are obvious now,

He embraces for what's to come,

The older boy wipes the sweat off his brow,

And ignores the pain on his thumb,

The cough of his dongsaeng worries him,

Three days and two nights, he did not sleep,

He could the see light in Junho's eyes becoming dim,

So he works harder, and holds his weep.

 

Another night is all that he needs,

To get them both out safe and sound,

It is a promise he has to keep,

Until the day that they are found.

 

_______________________________