Finally

Your Calling

Nichkhun took the first move. Minjun and Chansung followed behind him closely. They found some metal bars to use as a weapon, but Chansung warned the rest about the possible use of guns. Both his hyungs heeded the advice but proceeded with the plan nevertheless. They made their way in through an unlocked door Minjun had spotted at one side of the massive building. There were more than one building actually, all squeezed into a large compound with barrels and crates stacked everywhere. 

 

The boys noticed a few people dressed in dirty working clothes as they sneaked past. None of the workers saw them, too busy packing the crates up with meat....and something else. There was a pile of large white packets nearby and the workers carefully placed them into the crates first before disposing the meat on top. Minjun had a feeling that those white stuff were not meant to preserve the meat. Nichkhun led them to where the tracker was. It seemed that the boys were placed in a room on ground level, so there was no need to check the upper floors. And it was at the opposite end of where he had parked the Sedan.

 

As they got nearer to the place, the boys noticed that the amount of guys in black suits were also gradually increasing. They were talking to each other, but their eyes were watching out for any trespassers. Nichkhun turned to his bandmates behind him and signalled them to keep extra quiet. Minjun and Chansung nodded. It was time to find a way through those guards. Minjun suggested taking the first two guards out. After that would be a series of rooms that would eventually bring them to the boys. Nichkhun turned to Chansung and asked if the maknae was okay to fight.

 

"I'm born to fight." The younger guy remarked. "Let's kick their asses."

 

And while Minjun waited at a corner, Nichkhun and Chansun dashed forward to the two surprised guards ahead of them. A few sidekicks and chopping front kicks later, both men were knocked unconscious. Minjun helped his dongsaengs to hide the bodies somewhere. A CCTV nearby caught images of them, and Woody had already been notified of the intruders. The boys only had a few more minutes to complete their mission now. But they were still nowhere near Wooyoung and Junho.

 

"We have five more rooms before we can reach them. The biggest is the one through this door." Minjun said, pointing a finger towards a metal door in front of them. Chansung and Nichkhun took a quick breather before they opened it. The massive hall before them was filled with packaged goods. There were a few trucks parked at the main entrance leading out and workers were arranging the goods into the trucks. "Dry meat." Chansung said, sniffing the air. 

 

"And something else." NIchkhun added. "It smells strong."

 

"Do you think it's drugs?" Minjun  asked, peering at the workers with interest. They seemed unfazed by the strong powdery smell. Maybe they were used to it.

 

"Possibly." Nichkhun answered. "I don't think those white packets are flour. I have a feeling this isn't totally a meat factory or storehouse. It's for them to store drugs, but the strong smell of meat can mask that."

 

"Let's get going. We don't have enough time." Chansung suddenly interrupted. They stealthily moved from one spot to another, one person at a time. The only concern right now was to avoid any detection from the workers. There were no black suit bastards nearby. This striked out as odd to Minjun. He was growing suspicious as they were nearing the exit at the other end.

 

"Khun..."He called out his dongsaeng, stopping the Thai in his tracks. "I have a bad feeling." He whispered.

 

"Not now, hyung. We're almost out."

 

"I really have a bad feeling about this." As he said this, Chansung had already opened the door leading into a dim-lighted hallway. It was like stepping into a horror movie. Two sides of the hallway stretched a good fifty feet away each until it led to two possible exits. According to Minjun, the boys were behind one of the possible doors. There were about ten doors leading out somewhere. And the tracker wasn't helpful here. It just beeped to signal they were close. The lights above them were so dim that they could barely see what they were walking on. It felt squishy and it smelled distinct. Almost like blood. Thinking it was properly blood from the meat, they trudged on bravely.

 

Nichkhun decided to choose the door nearest to them. Just like all the other doors they'd passed through so far, this one was metallic, but the scratch marks on the door suggested usual entry. He hoped this was where the boys were kept. With Minjun and Chansung standing on either side, he carefully opened it. It revealed a storeroom, but only filled with chemicals and no boys. Chemicals were placed in large plastic bottled and arranged on shelves. They couldn't guess what type of chemicals were there, so Nichkhun closed the door back.

 

The next door was just a few feet away to the right. This time, Chansung opened it, nervousness engulfing him. Behind the door was a room with two examination tables, and odd tools placed on a trolley nearby. The room gave an odd sensation to the boys, like a wave of bad feelings. Not liking it one bit, Chansung quickly shut the door.

 

This time, Minjun took his turn. He opened the third door, also another few feet away and peered into it. The discovery he made almost made him barf out his lunch. He opened the door wider to show his dongsaengs. All colour drained from Chansung's face, and Nichkhun stood very still. Bodies of unknown females were hanging upside down on ropes tied to the legs and attached to the ceiling. There should be about a hundred bodies. This was mass murder with clear evidence. Nichkhun took a picture of it and told his hyung it will be kept for a police report later. They quickly shut the door and moved on.

 

The three of them were getting worried now. Very very worried. Their time was almost up. Anytime soon, Woody would be arriving and instead of saving Wooyoung and Junho, they might as well end up like those bodies in the third room. They prayed that the fourth door would lead them to Wooyoung and Junho. Nichkhun opened it and then....

 

"Hyung!" Junho's voice called out.

 

_________________________________

 

Wooyoung and Junho tried to sing a song, because it had been a while since they sang anything. Even with the lack of food and water, Junho still sound good when he sang, whereas Wooyoung felt a little croaky. They sang a few hits and then played charades. Might as well spend some time doing fun stuff than wait all day.

 

A creaking sound from the door suddenly stopped their games. Both turned their heads towards it and waited for someone to enter. Junho stretched his neck a little because the hanging meats in front o them were blocking his view. When his eyes landed on a familiar face, the expression was a joyous one. He shouted, "Hyung!", surprising Wooyoung too.

 

Upon hearing Junho's voice, all three boys entered the room in an instant. Joy and relief flashed through their expression, but at the sight of the chains locked around Wooyoung's and Junho's ankle, the boys became crestfallen. This was not expected. Wooyoung saw the change in their expressions and followed their gaze to his chain. "Oh this, you guys wouldn't any chance have a saw right?"

 

Nichkhun knelt beside him and hugged him without saying a word. Chansung gave Junho an embrace too. Minjun was trying to figure out a way to breal the chains. He almost had an idea, when a voice behind him suddenly spoke. "I see everyone's united. How sweet."

 

It was Woody. Minjun wanted to move away, but something hard was pressing against the back of his head. And it made him shiver to his core. The others saw what Woody was holding and they became frozen in their spot. "Don't move." Woody warned the older boy.  "Or else you will lose your head."

 

Minjun focused on his dongsaengs and tried to smile. Everything will be fine....we'll be alright. They were worried for him. He could see that. An idea came to mind, "Tell me...do you enjoy torturing people?" He recalled the hanging bodies in the previous room. It was still a sickening sight, but he pushed the image away. The others looked at him with a puzzled expression. He couldn't see Woody's expression but the guy was actually enjoying himself.

 

"Yes, why do you ask?"

 

"If you shoot me now, it wouldn't be fun anymore because you can't torture me. And I saw all the tools you had back there. Wouldn't you want to use it on us?"

 

His dongsaengs were shocked. Tremendously. They stared at him as if he was crazy. Well, maybe he is. "How odd...you would prefer to be tortured?!" Woody chuckled, still pointing the gun at Minjun. "I've never heard of a victim who prefers torture over death."

 

"I fear death." Minjun replied. He knew Taec should be around the corner. Come on out now, you big dummy. Help my here.

 

"Oh, I see....well, would you want to see the other babies get tortured too?" 

 

Minjun looked over at his dongsaeng's faces and executed a quick wink. They suddenly knew what he was trying to do. Well, Nichkhun and Chansung knew anyway. Junho and Wooyoung were still lost. "Yeah. I want to hold their hands before they die."

 

Woody laughed at this statement. What a scene! This was the most fun he had in years! "If that's what you want then, be it." He snapped his fingers and ordered his goons to tie them all up. If anyone dared to make a move, he warned them about the gun that was still pointing at Minjun's head. "One false step and BANG!" He exclaimed, causing Minjun to flinch slightly. The gun was unnerving him. Hopefully Woody wasn't the type who had clumsy fingers.

 

Nichkhun and Chansung were tied up and forced to sit in a corner, before someone moved to tie Minjun's hands. Wooyoung and Junho said nothing during this process. They pursed their lips and stared in horror when Woody pushed their hyung down to the ground with such force that Minjun groaned in pain. They reached out to grab him, stretching as far as their chains allowed. Woody watched this sad little scene before him and laughed. 

 

"Well, you have your wish. Now, shall we begin the examination process?" He muttered, looking from one face to another. His eyes finally landed on Nichkhun and then he spoke in Thai. "Let's see....why don't we start with Nichkhun? Do you remember the interview we had years back?"

 

Nichkhun answered back in Thai. "Yeah. I thought you were ugly back then. I guess you still are."

 

This seemed to put a frown on Woody's face. He snapped his finger again and left the room. And then one of his men picked Nichkhun up and dragged him away. 

 

"KHUN!" Minjun yelled out. "HEY, DON'T TOUCH HIM, YOU BASTARD!"

 

"Hyung!" Chansung and Junho yelled in unison.

 

Nichkhun stared at Wooyoung one last time before the door was shut behind him, and the sight he saw broke his heart. Wooyoung was bending over, trembling violently in his tears.

 

__________________________

 

For the next torturous ten minutes, Minjun managed to calm Wooyoung down through words.His hands were still tied behind his back. Chansung rolled over to Junho's side and checked the older guy for any signs of injuries. Minjun eavesdropped on their conversation while he was attending to Wooyoung.

 

"Are you okay, hyung?"

 

"Yeah. Just a little sore." Junho did not dare to look at Chansung's face. He was scared to reveal the truth.

 

But Chansung could tell that something was wrong. It was in the pained expression on the older's face. "What happened, baby?" He asked, more soothingly. Junho could feel a twist in his throat and stomach. The guilt was too much. Would Chansung accept him again after the maknae finds out the truth? "Nothing." He decided to lie, still not looking at the maknae's face.

 

"Baby, please tell me." Chansung tried again, almost pleading.

 

"I can't." Junho finally choked out. Tears were already falling but he didn't bother to wipe them away.

 

"It's okay, baby. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'm sorry I forced you. Please don't cry." Chansung begged, really wishing he could wipe away those tears. "Baby, I just want you to know, that no matter what, I still love you. I've not been able to sleep properly for the last few weeks because I keep thinking about you. When you were taken away, I got so scared at the thought of losing you. I even tried to end my own life."

 

"You did what, Channie?" Minjun interrupted.

 

"It's true, hyung. You guys were too busy to notice. Anyway, I kept praying that you will be alright. I wondered if you were eating right, whether you escaped, if you were sick...whether they did anything physically to hurt you." The last one was added in a low voice. Chansung noticed the flinch in the older guy's body and he knew straight away what Junho was hiding from him. He could feel his blood boil. This was how Nichkhun had felt when Wooyoung told him about the . "They touched you, didn't they?" He asked, to be sure.

 

Junho bit his lips and nodded his head slightly. "But only once. That was last night."

 

"How dare they....." Chansung mumbled. "HOW DARE THEY!" He was so angry that the rope on his hands literally fell apart. This was a rage none of the members had seen before. This was Chansung beyond recognition. There was only anger in his eyes, no traces of sympathy and hurt. He used his bare hands and broke the chains around Junho's and Wooyoung's ankle and then untied the rope on Minjun's hands. He did not utter a single word the whole time. They stared at him, bewildered. He was kind of scaring them a little.

 

When Minjun was finally freed, he roughly pulled the door open and stormed out. The other three boys followed behind him quietly. But they did not make it out of the door on time. Suddenly,  there was a loud crash, and then the sound of a gunshot went off. Minjun, Wooyoung and Junho stood frozen at their spot, horrified. Did something happen? Minjun instinctively stood in front of the two younger boys and waited for Woody to appear. It had to be him who shot the gun. But who got shot?

 

Taec's face appeared instead.

 

"Hyung!" Junho and Wooyoung called out in unison. They were surprised to see him. He gave them a toothy smile and said, "It's over. Woody got shot."

 

The three of them rushed out to check. There, in the middle of the hallway, was Woody's body covered in a pool of blood. He was still moving, the sign that he was not yet dead. Jeom and his men stood triumph over the fallen goons, and Chansung had blood on his hands. The gun, however, was swept so far off that Woody would not be able to reach it even if he crawls. He'd probably be dead if he tried to crawl for it anyway. Seconds later, Nichkhun came out of the room next door, unhurt. He rushed over to Wooyoung immediately and embraced the younger boy.

 

"I'm so sorry....." He sobbed, wetting Wooyoung's shirt.

 

Wooyoung smiled and hugged back, relieved that it was all over.

 

"What happened?" They heard Junho asked.

 

Taecyeon opened his mouth to answer, "We were fighting some bad guys, then all of the sudden, Channie appeared out of nowhere, went into that weird room with surgical tables and dragged Woody out. Unfortunately, Channie's hand got shot. He grabbed the ing the gun barrel with his bare hands. Can you believe that?!" He explained to them, exaggerating his excitement a little too much. "This guy's a monster."

 

Junho stared at his lover and wondered what to think about that. Well, he would need to stitch up the cuts. But first...."Channie...." He called out softly. Chansung was wringing his hands at the time, trying to loosen the pain, but the bullet shot through his palm, creating a hole there. Blood kept gushing out non-stop. Nichkhun lended the maknae his jacket. "I don't need it."

 

Chansung thanked him and wrapped it around his hand. He was trying to hide the pain from his expression. But Junho saw it. "Channie...." He called out again. Chansung finally turned his attention towards Junho. There were tears in Junho's eyes. He cursed himself again for making the older guy cry.

 

"Please don't cry, baby." He said gently. "Come here." And then he opened both arms and urged Junho to embrace him. Junho practically ran into him. While they were trying to console each other, Minjun and Taecyeon focused on the important matter at hand. "What the heck are we supposed to do about this dude?"

 

"We can leave him."

 

"He might kidnap people again. Let me show you something." He dragged Taecyeon towards the room of hanging bodies. Taecyeon heaved at the sight but fortunately, his lunch still remained inside his stomach. The sight was too gore for him.

 

"No, we don't leave him." Taecyeon finally said. "What do we do, Jeom?" He turned to Jeom, who was standing behind them.

 

"We wait for Nichan. He went to get something."

 

"Get something? What? Drinks? I sure need one right now. I'm parched."

 

They waited a good ten minutes and then a siren broke out. Jeom's men started panicking. They kept telling their leader it was time to go. "If we go, and these guys get up again, no one will protect them. We will stay. I trust my best friend."

 

Some of his men were doubting him. One of them actually fled, too afraid to live their life behind bars. Nichan appeared moments later with a squadron of Thailand's police and he was glad to see everything in order. Everyone he knew and cared about was safe. That was all that matters. And then he looked down at Woody and saw the dying look in his eyes. He told the cops that Woody was involved in smuggling drugs. They apprehended Woody instantly. And then Minjun showed the same room to the police. They were unfazed by the disgusting sight, but one officer immediately called their commander. He came in moments later and took a look.

 

"It seems that we have a big case here. Well, the whole of Thailand will know about this tomorrow. This explains all the missing reports around the world lately." The Commander said, in fluent English. "Well, good thing you called me."

 

"My dad did. Anyway, these guys were here to look for their friends. That's Wooyoung and Junho over there. They were kidnapped a month back.: Nichan said. He gave way to a stretcher carrying Woody to an ambulance.

 

"Good thing they're alive then. There's a lot of things to do here. We'll take it from here. This guy might never broad daylight ever again. Go home and clean up."

 

"What about us, Chan?" Jeom asked his best friend.

 

"Remember what I said? Salvation and a free pass out of trouble. You guys can go. My dad paid an advance bail for each one of you as a thanks. But that doesn't mean you won't get caught in future activities."

 

"I can't stay out of trouble. You know me, Chan."

 

"Too well, unfortunately." They laughed at this.

 

Taecyeon and Minjun turned back to their bandmates and let out a relieved sigh. It was finally over. All six of them huddled up into a hug, feeling each other's warmth for the first time in five months. They vowed never to ignore each other again.

 

"The flight leaves tomorrow. Let's go back to my house and rest." Nichkhun remarked. It was all they wanted to do right now.

 

With Nichan as the driver and Minjun in the front passenger seat, the other five were forced to squeeze into the Sedan. Taecyeon sat in the middle. Nichkhun sat on his right and Chansung on his left. Wooyoung sat on Khun's lap, with both arms tightly wrapped around the younger boy's waist. Junho sat on Chansung's lap. They made their way back to the Horjevkul house without any trouble. And when they arrived, the boys took a hot shower and promptly went to bed.

 

________________________________________

 

Now, it's not the end. yet.