The Painful Truth

Your Calling

Author's note: MY EXAM IS OVERRRRRRR!!!!! But you know what happened during exam? I was trying so hard to remember cases for my contract paper and all that came out was the lyric of ADTOY, 10 out of 10, y Lady, I Hate You and Hands Up, because I was listening to those songs before exam to calm myself down. ARGH!!! I forgot all the stuff I needed to write down for my exam! I think I'm gonna fail.... BUT I WILL NEVER STOP LOVING 2PM. Hahahaha. If my dad asked what happened during my exam, I'm gonna say, "2PM happened."

 

THIS was going through my head for 3 hours in the exam hall. Wonder what my examiners would do if i wrote: "The law of consideration is the price paid for a promise. I've paid my price by losing my sanity when I promised to love Jang Wooyoung."

 

Best thing was, the exam ended at 2PM sharp. <3

 

Enjoy this update, guys. And thanks so so sooooooo much for commenting! I can't reply every comment but I'm grateful, nevertheless.

 

 

_________________________________________

 

 

Junho was scared stiff. They found him. After all that effort Wooyoung had done to plan their escape, his kidnappers managed to find him again. But this time, he was alone. He dreaded thinking about what these beasts did to his hyung. He shut his eyes and recited his prayers a few more times, hoping that Wooyoung actually managed to escape, instead of being in a far worse situation. Junho didn't even want to think about the worst scenario. The thought broke his heart. He tried to keep himself calm, steadying his breath and emptying out his mind. He was back at the same storehouse, in the same stench that he had grown accustomed to. That wasn't good. It was not natural to be accustomed to the smell of blood and rotten flesh.

 

His stomach started grumbling by the time night fell. Tired and beaten up, he tried to sleep off his hunger, but it was too strong for him. A small tray was placed in front of him an hour later, and without checking to see if it was contaminated, he ate it quickly, praying that Mother Luck would be on his side that night. Before this, it was always Wooyoung who took care of him; to feed and comfort him. But his hyung was not here to do any of that now. The stale bread in his hands had a moldy side but for most parts, it looked fine. Ignoring the mold, he ate the part that was still edible, and shortly after that, he forced himself to go to sleep on the hard concrete floor. The night was cold, sometimes violent. The deafening silence of the world beyond the storehouse doors tend to confuse the line between fantasy and reality.

 

Junho closed his eyes and shut both of his ears with his hands. Minutes later, he was fast asleep, with sad tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

_______________________

 

"Khunnie...." Wooyoung muttered softly, his lips trembling from the knot in his throat. The Thai wrapped both his arms around his lover and rubbed his back gently, calming the younger boy down. Wooyoung started sobbing tears of joy, thanking god that this was not a dream after all. The touch was real, and Nichkhun's body felt warm against his body. He looked over at his other hyungs and their maknae. All of them had tears in their eyes, but Minjun was trying his best to conceal it.

 

"Baby....I thought I would never see you again...I was so scared, and I forgot how much I cried when I found out you were taken away." Nichkhun remarked. He pulled back from the embrace and cupped Wooyoung's face. Their eyes met, wet with tears. "I promise you that I won't let anything happen to you ever again."

 

Wooyoung nodded his head in response and took Nichkhun's hands in his. He placed those hands against his chest and Nichkhun could feel his heartbeat. "I don't want to go through all of that anymore. All the pain..." Wooyoung said softly, biting his lips as he did so. "Khunnie, it was horrible. I wanted to tell you everything on the phone at the time but the line went dead." Nichkhun noticed the younger boy was trembling violently as he said this. "Shh...love...don't force yourself. Calm down first. I will listen to you." He had to put a good front. Showing his boiling anger would not be a good option.

 

Everyone was now seated on Wooyoung's bed, except Chansung, who was sitting on the chair next to the bed. They saw the fear in Wooyoung's eyes, and felt his strong desire to tell them everything. But the experience seemed as if it was eating him from the inside, so they didn't force him to say it out loud. Instead, they kept their ears open and waited for him to begin when he was ready. Wooyoung closed his eyes, took a deep breath and finally opened his mouth. The first three words shocked them, and Nichkhun's expression changed from a worried look to an enraged beast.

 

__________________________

 

Wooyoung didn't know how to put his worst experience into a sentence, but after thinking about it for a long time, he decided it was best to tell the truth straightforwardly. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and finally said, "They me."

 

The words came as a shock to all of them, but the one who took it hard was now looking at him with eyes that could kill. For a few seconds, no one said anything. Nichkhun was a still rock, so Taecyeon broke the silence. "Tell us what happened, Youngie." He said, in the lowest tone possible. Wooyoung looked at the view outside the window across the room and began, "They wanted Junho at first, but I didn't allow it. Everytime they tried to drag him away, I managed to stop them. But I received my share of cuts and bruises as a result. Junho was so frightened about this that he even tried to cut his own wrist. I stopped him before he did anything stupid. But those guys refused to let go of him. This was only the first few nights since we were placed there. I lost track of time after that, and everyday it became a routine for me to take care of Junho. He became weaker by the day, almost on the verge of death, so I had to stay strong to stop him from dying."

 

"How did you manage to escape? I mean, it'll be weird if they'd actually let you go." Minjun asked.

 

"I found a stone, no bigger than my hands, and it took me a few days to sharpen it. After that, I began hitting away on our chains. They chained us around our ankles, and placed us in a storehouse, with rotten meat hanging on hooks all around inside and some of the meat that were still fresh had blood oozing out of it. You can imagine the smell, but Junho and I got used to it. We had to. After what felt like two weeks, the nightmare began. They got violent, hitting us non-stop when we didn't want to surrender our bodies. I made a deal then. I gave myself up if they promised  to stop hitting us and going after Junho. The guys agreed and then they dragged me elsewhere." Wooyoung's tears were pooling in his eyes again. The scar he suffered from the experience was still raw in his skin, as if it had happened yesterday. 

 

"If you want to stop, you could." Chansung muttered.

 

But Wooyoung didn't want to stop yet. "They came at me, one after another. Some of them went for round two. Then three. Four....and this happened almost every night. When Junho and I are asleep, they would suddenly drag me into a dark room and me there." He folded his legs up and rocked back and forth on his bed, trying to recall his memories. "If I resist, they would tie me up and sometimes, they would suffocate me with a cloth. I almost welcomed death. I kept thinking about death. But I didn't want to leave Junho behind alone. He was so frail..." He trailed off, looking at his bedsheets now. There was a small stain from where his leg was. That was when he noticed the bandage around his ankle. The blood on the bandage looked fresh.

 

The others said nothing in response. They stared at him; pitied him. He didn't deserve what they did to him. But then, nothing in the world was fair anymore.

 

"We found out who the bad guy is." Minjun started, scratching his temple. "It's a celebrity."

 

"And he has a taste for blood." Wooyoung added. "I found out his reason for taking us. He's crazy. There is no proper reasons. He kidnaps his victims and torture them slowly until they're so close to death. But before he lets them die, he would experiment crazy things with their bodies. Chopping them up, placing with his tools...it's not pretty. I saw the death of a twelve year old girl before my eyes, and then before he brought me back to my usual spot, he said, 'This is you in a couple of weeks'."

 

The boys flashed a look of disgust on their faces. They would have found it hard to believe but the look on Wooyoung's face was definitely not a lie. It was a look that said I saw it all.

 

"Where's Junho now, Youngie?" Chansung finally asked.

 

"I left him at an old man's house who was kind enough to hide and feed us when we escaped. I forgot where it is because I was running away from my captors just now."

 

"Someone was chasing you?!" Taecyeon gasped.

 

"A group of them. Men in black suits. I managed to lose them for a while, and them BOOM! Here I am now." Wooyoung finished, and this got him a very serious look from Nichkhun. "If that was a joke, it's not funny. I thought I lost you back there. My brother panicked when he thought that he had killed someone."

 

"How long was I out?"

 

"Two hours."

 

"Then it's ok. I've been knocked unconscious longer and worser than this." He got so used to the pain that it was like a part of him now, but it also made the others worry about him more. He cleared his throat and said, "I need to get Junho. I know he's scared right now."

 

"You can't go anywhere in this condition!" Minjun gaped, freaking out a little. Both of Wooyoung's legs had bandages around them. It would probably take a long time before the boy could walk properly again. In fact, he might need a wheelchair. But the younger boy shocked his hyung when he swung his legs off the bed and promptly stood up. He wriggled them a little to see if they were numb. But after the numbness gradually disappeared, he began to limp slowly across the room. "I'm fine. By the time we get out of here, I'll be walking normally."

 

"What happened to you?"
 

"Death happened." Wooyoung replied, grabbing Nichkhun's leather jacket from the chair. "Can I borrow this, Khunnie? I feel a little cold."

 

Nichkhun took the jacket and donned it on Wooyoung himself. "You don't need to ask, baby." They were off after that, with Wooyoung limping up to their speed. By the time they were out of the hospital, Wooyoung was almost himself again. The boys were quite shocked with his recovery. They gaped at him with their eyes wide open. "It's all in the mind." Wooyoung said, amused at their reaction.

 

Nichan was called to come fetch them, and twenty minutes later, he pulled up in his Sedan car. He profusely apologized to Wooyoung when the younger boy got into the car and Wooyoung, bless his soul, apologized for his overwhelming odd body odour. Nichan said he didn't mind. They began to drive around the busy neighbourhood of cramped houses and the ever-increasing amount of locals. Once a while Taecyeon would wind down the window next to his seat to welcome a little of the Thai culture into the car, but when the smell became too overwhelming and alarming to their noses, he quickly wind it back up again.

 

About three hours of driving later, Wooyoung spotted something familiar. The same old man who took care of them was sitting in front of his eyes, smoking his pipe. Wooyoung got out of the car and quickly confronted the old man. The first expression on the old man's face was a surprised one, but after that it turned into a frown. Nichkhun came up behind Wooyoung and asked him if this was the right place. Wooyoung simply nodded, hoping that Nichkhun could ask where Junho is.

 

The Thai began inquiring the old man. The response didn't sound great. When Wooyoung asked the Thai what the old man was saying, Nichkhun looked at him sadly and said, "Those men got him."

 

"Oh no...."

 

_______________________________