Unknown Story

Your Calling

This was during the time when Nichan and Taecyeon finally arrived at the spot, but nothing was told of what they did.

 


 

 Nichan was still angry, cursing at the whole situation and stressing once again how stupid his brother was. "BEYOND stupid! I'm so telling mum."

 

Jeom smiled at this. Nichan still had that little childishness in him. It was amusing. Woody and his goons eventually sidetracked off the city and into a thicket of the unknown. They were not leaving Bangkok, back into the outskirts. Soon, trees rolled by instead of houses and the grass on this side grew wilder than in the city. Nichan had never been to this area before. It was foreign to him, but when he looked over at Jeom, who was driving the car, the guy seemed calm. His eyes were focused on the road.

 

"It's all the way there from here. No roads leading elsewhere." Jeom said when he sensed Nichan looking at him. Taecyeon was sitting at the back, fumbling with his phone. He debated whether to call Nichkhun or not, and wondered if he calls, would that get them into trouble? He couldn't risk it, so he just kept playing with his phone.

 

They kept a safe distance, hoping that the cars ahead would only think of them as passerbys who were also going the same way.

 

About thirty minutes later, they arrived at their destination. Jeom parked the cars at a hidden spot and they sneaked up to the storehouse. Taecyeon's first impression was, Wow! How could anyone miss this?!

 

They separated into two smaller units, one heading to the back and the other through the front. Taecyeon was in the first group and Jeom took the second group. Nichan said he wanted to make a few calls first, so the group left without him. When Taecyeon reached the only entrance he could find at the back, a group of twenty bad guys suddenly appeared. He moved back into a wider space and welcomed his first opponent.

 

The man said something in Thai but he couldn't understand. He easily blocked a punch and counterattacked with an elbow to the face, causing the man to stumble back ungracefully. The man got up and rushed towards him. Taec managed to avoid him but landed against another goon instead. He ducked quickly when an arm came swinging at him and sent back a front kick to the guts. He wasn't exactly sure how to fight, but most of the moves he did was purely reflex. 

 

A kick suddenly came flying at him and he rolled to the side, thanking JYP for teaching them acrobatic skills.

 

Acrobatic skills. "Yes..."

 

After that, whatever move he did, whether it was to avoid getting hit or hitting someone back was purely acrobatic. He did the windmill breakdance and stopped a couple of guys from coming too near. And then he tried the cartwheel. It managed to hit someone on the face, causing the other fall back. Taec was trying his best to not hit his own allies, but some moves were unpredictable. This was the most fun he had in years. Fists flying in all direction, rolling around on the ground and knocking against another person's head put a smile on his face. He didn't hurt them to kill them. It was ehough to render them unconscious.

 

By the time he was done, twenty or so men laid on the ground in front of him, twitching and groaning in pain. Taec went through the door and continued the search. 

 

_________________________

 

Similar situation happened in Jeom's group. Faced with thirty or so opponents, he easily took down half of those men, having trained in muay thai before. His men finished off the other half and then they went in to begin their search 

 

Once inside, the stench of meat was inevitable. Taec almost heaved at the sight of dried blood on the concrete floors. He searched around, hiding behind stacked crates and boxes and looking out for any bad guys. The last thing he needed was an ambush. Jeom's men found some metal bars and tools to use as weapons. They offered him one but he politely refused them. He wasn't good with tools. They sneaked past a bunch of workers who were loading something onto trucks parked nearby.

 

Besides the smell of meat, Taec thought he smelled something else but he couldn't quite put his mind to it. He crouched lower when two workers suddenly whipped their heads towards his direction, hoping they didn't see him. There was a door up ahead. He needed to make a run for it. Signaling at the men behind him, he took one last peek at the workers and bolted for the door. One by one, the men followed him. The door was now only an arms reach away. Just as he was about to go through it, something hard hit his back. He groaned at the piercing pain on his back and swerved around in time to see one of the workers holding a crowbar in his hands.

 

The man tried to strike him again but he managed to roll away. Jeom's men quickly began attacking him, and after that, more of the workers joined their friend, using anything they could carry to throw at the intruders. Taec ducked in time when a box of packed meat came flying in his direction. He dashed towards the person and punched his face, causing the man's nose to bleed. And then he helped one of his allies who had gotten pounced by a few opponents at once.

 

His heart stopped when a gunshot went off. He turned to his allies and one of them fell onto the ground, unmoving. Lifeless. And then he whipped his head towards the shooter. A man dressed in a black suit was pointing a gun at him, with a smirk on his face. He shouted something in Thai, which Taec could not understand, but the big guy instinctively put his hands up as a surrender. He was defenseless. If the bastard decided to shoot him, he could just drop dead there and then. Around him were a few other men dressed in black suits and they were holding up their guns towards Jeom's men. These were Woody's goons, Taec summed up. The ones he had fought earlier were either workers at the storehouse or just temporary guards. These men in black suits seemed far more meaner than the previous ones.  

 

He opened his mouth and closed it again, not sure about what he wanted to say, but at the moment, he needed to do something to distract them. Another gunshot suddenly went off and one of Jeom's men fell. The others couldn't move to help him. The bastard who shot him looked indifferent, almost bored. Taec felt his blood boil. These men killed for fun. He didn't like that one bit. But out of the corner of his eyes, he glanced at a passing shadow. The figure stealthily peeked out to evaluate the situation, calculating his next move. The sight of Jeom sent a wash of relief in Taec. 

 

Jeom moved with the speed of a trained martial artists, getting closer to them with every step he took. Taec also noticed his men following quietly behind him. This was the a good chance for him to start distracting the goons.

 

"Hey!" He called out. All eyes focused on him. "Do you guys how ugly you guys are?" He joked, hoping they couldn't understand a word, but Goddamn, one of the did.

 

"Why don't you take a look in the mirror, bigshot?" The creepy long-haired guy smirked, taking another puff on his cigarette. He approached Taec, with gun still in hand and took a closer look. "On a second thought, you're quite handsome. Hmph. If you were ugly, I would have to shoot you straight."

 

"Why won't you shoot?"

 

"Boss likes to torture his victims first. I've got to wait for him to finish with that pretty Thai boy first."

 

Pretty Thai boy. Nichkhun.

 

Feeling angered, Taec took a step forward, ignoring the fact that a gun was pointed at him. "I'll kill everyone with my bare hands if something happened to my family. Tell that bastard boss of yours to stick his own fingers up his if he wanted torture."

 

Jeom and his men rushed forward, and the battle became a bloody mess. Literally bloody. Gunshots went off everywhere. Men toppling down to the ground with a pool of blood around them. Taec reached forward and took the gun away. Luckily for him, the guy lose his focus the moment Jeom started attacking, so the weapon came off easily. He kicked it off and punched the bastard on the face. The man went down in one hit. And then he went over to help Jeom.

 

 It took them ten minutes to finish off all the goons and by then, Jeom had lost five of his men, including the one that had been shot earlier. This was a big loss for him.

 

"They're my family." He muttered quietly, almost a whisper. Taec understood his feelings. He placed an arm around the Thai and told him that they had died a worthy battle. 

 

The guys moved on to the other section of the storehouse. It was time to face Woody.

 

___________________________________

 

Nichkhun  was brought over to the weird examination room, hands bound behind him. It was quite big, surprisingly. There were two tables in the middle and in the corner, he saw a trolley filled with neatly arranged, clean surgery tools. What is Woody planning to do to me?

 

He was pushed onto one of the tables and was ordered to stay still. Nichkhun, of course, couldn't help but ask what the tools will be used for. Woody chuckled at this.

 

"Impatient little baby." His eyes and mouth were smiling, but there was no genuinity in it.

 

"It's Nichkhun. You called me that before. I'm too old to be baby." Nichkhun was surprised at how calm he was at the moment.

 

"Well, Nichkhun, let me tell you what I will do. Do you see this scalpel?" Woody picked up one of the tools and brought it under the light. "It's for me to dig your eyeballs out later."

 

"Why?"

 

"There are many blind people in this world who longs for sight, and body parts sell well in the market. I make a lot of money from it, even more than drugs."

 

"Body parts? So it won't just be my eyes?"

 

Woody chuckled some more, and placed the scalpel back onto the trolley. He picked up a saw next. "This will be used to slice your flesh. I need to get your organs out, you see."

 

"There'll be blood everywhere."

 

"No worries about that. I will drain most of your blood out first until you're too weak to even move. Then I'll start the operation. There's a scarce source of blood in the market, especially type AB. I hope you're an AB, but then again, even if you're not, it'll still be useful."

 

"You're not afraid to get your hands dirty?"

 

"It's already stained with the blood of a thousand women. You'll be the first male."

 

There was a sudden interruption from outside the room. It sounded as if someone was pounding against the door. Voices could be heard through the thick door but it was muffled. Nichkhun couldn't make out what was going on. His hands were still tied, and one of Woody's goons had tied up his legs together when he was tossed onto the table. He could only twist his body, but it won't break the ropes.

 

Woody was disturbed by the sudden noises. He asked the two men standing nearby to check on the commotion outside. They obeyed him and opened the door ajar to peek through. Taecyeon saw the opened slit from one of the doors and decided to kick it open all the way. Two bad guys went down because of it, revealing a very shocked Woody and a smirking Thai prince.

 

Jeom and his remaining men tried their hardest to finish off the never-ending amount of men in black suits that kept pouring in one after another from all directions. Too many doors were in the corridor and no one knew where they would lead to. Taecyeon rushed forward to punch Woody on the face and freed Nichkhun. And then he rushed back to help the others, while Nichkhun used the same rope he had to bind Woody's hands and legs.

 

From where he stood, he could hear Taec's battle wails very clearly. After he was done with Woody, he rushed off to help the big guy. There was a lot of teamwork in Nichkhun's and Taec's final showdown. Since both of them knew that the big guy could toss just about anything or anyone, Taec managed to slow a few bad guys down by tossing the Thai at them, and Nichkhun, having learned how to control his movements so that he would land on his feet, found this to be great fun. They had smiles on their faces, but the smiles turned grim.

 

There was sudden gunshot. Everyone stopped. Even time seemed to have ceased. Nichkhun, Taec and Jeom turned to the direction of the gunner and saw Chansung standing in front of Woody. The maknae's right hand was bleeding, evident that a bullet had just been shot through it. The bullet was on the ground next to them. Woody, who had fired the shot, looked shocked for a moment. Then again, who wasn't shocked? Without a trace of pain on Chansung's face, he grabbed the gun and threw it as far away as possible, but the gun bounced back against the wall and the trigger went off.

 

Time seemed to have moved again, but very slowly. Taec could recall the moments when the trigger went off the second time. He could even recognize what type of gun it was, having read it up on the internet once. It was a SIG Sauer Pro. It was usually used by law enforcements. He saw the horrified expression on Nichkhun's face, but there was no hint of that on Chansung's face. The maknae had completely lost himself. There was only anger, and it was directed at Woody.

 

The bullet wheezed through the air silently like the wind, and then there was jerk. Woody fell to his knees seconds later, a pool of blood slowly forming around him. He groaned in pain, calling out for help. Taec and Nickhun noticed by them that most of Woody's goons were already defeated, the remaining few who saw their boss went down decided to bolt for the door. Nichkhun went back into the surgery room, wondering how Woody had managed to escape. Taec on the other hand scooted one side to check the room that Chansung had just came out from and saw Minjun standing there with the two other boys behind him. 

 

"Hyung!" Junho and Wooyoung called out in unison. They were surprised to see him. He gave them a toothy smile and said, "It's over. Woody got shot."

 

________________________

 

Now, if you connect this with the chapter 'Finally', the story makes sense. This is the most complicated story I've ever written. I watched too much action movies. Going to switch back to romance comedy now. *sigh*