Game Start

Your Calling

They hid the box away from Wooyoung, not wanting to worry the boy further. Grandma Horjevkul mixed up the strongest medicine Wooyoung had ever smelled and made him drink the whole pot. By the time he was done, his urge to pee was just as strong. For two hours or so, he went to the toilet more times than he could count in a day. Under Grandma Horjevkul's instruction, he was required to lie down after drinking those herbs. Nichkhun placed the boy on his bed and wiped away the sweat forming on his forehead. It was to rid off all the toxic in his body and by keeping him relaxed, his energy would slowly return. Usually for a normal person, like Nickhun, the medicine demanded that the taker rest for the whole day. But for Wooyoung, who had proved his abnormality, only needed a few hours. By noon, he was up and ready to go.

 

Mrs Horjevkul was still very worried about him when the boys prepared for their mission. While Nichan got the car ready, Mrs Horjevkul pulled Nichkhun aside and told him to take extra care with Wooyoung. "If he keeps this up, the chances of him getting very sick will be greater in the future. Make sure he doesn't do any physical work."

 

"Alright mum. You know I love him too much to let him do anything tough."

 

"I know, son. Anyway, take care." She gave him a kiss on the forehead and sent him off. "Be careful, all of you. When you come back, mummy's gonna cook all of your favourite dishes."

 

Wooyoung gave her a quick hug before he got into the car. And then they were off.

 

______________________

 

"I have a plan, guys." Nichan said, once they were off. "What is it?" Nichkhun asked. He was sitting at the front, while the others squeezed at the back.

 

"Since those bastards know where we are, we can't just charge in blindfolded. The plan is that we break up into two sub-group. One heads for Woody's office and try to recover any evidence of his criminal activities, if there is any. The other will find Junho. You said you only have two days left to do this. What time does the flight leave tomorrow?"

 

"Evening." Taecyeon answered.

 

"We have a lot of time. There's six of us, me included. One group will be a pair and the other four will be the group to find Junho."

 

"Wait, that's not even." Nichkhun said, raising an eyebrow. "Why two and four?"

 

"Leave the infiltration of Woody's office to me. I just need another guy to back me up. I've got contacts here." Nichan said, beaming with confidence. He glanced over at his little brother and continued, "You will lead your group to find Junho. You have to bring Wooyoung of course. He's the only one who knows where Junho might be."

 

"I won't let him out of my sight." And no one dared to doubt him. Wooyoung stared at the foreign scenery outside his window and wondered how long had it been since everything started. He turned to Chansung and asked this. Chansung put his arm around his hyung and replied, "A month plus, hyung."

 

"Daebak..."

 

They stopped in front of a petrol station because Nichan needed to refill his car. Here, the boys discussed about who would be in Nichkhun's group and who will follow Nichan. Taecyeon offered to follow Nichan, because he could speak English. When this was agreed on, the next discussion was about the possible places that Junho might be in. Wooyoung, fortunately, narrowed it down for them.

 

"It's on a hill deep inside the jungle. I remembered that when we escaped that one night, Junho and I saw the view of the city from above. There's a storehouse on the hill where a lot of meat are kept, and it looked big enough to be a factory or some sort." Wooyoung informed them.

 

"Storehouse on a hill? Factory?" Nichan repeated, looking over at his little brother curiously.

 

"It should be about few hours away from the city. We started coming down the hill at night and arrived in the morning when the sun was already high up. But along the way, we stopped and rest for a while. So it wouldn't actually be very far even we were to drive there."

 

"No, it wouldn't. And I think I know where he's talking about." Nichan remarked. Nichkhun wa already lost in his thoughts, trying to remember all the possible spots around Bangkok but his absence had made him forget most of the places he ought to remember. The others in the back were checking outside the windows, watching the locals at their routines. If this wasn't a mission, they would have enjoyed a holiday here. Nichan peeked through his rearview mirror and saw the distant expression on Wooyoung's face. And then he continued, "You need to talk to the people at the market, Khun. The meat market. They should know where the storehouse is."

 

"How are we going there without a car? It would take hours."

 

"Take this car. Drop me and Taec at Woody's office first. Are you ready, big guy?"

 

"Ready when you are, bro." Both boys flahed their teeth as they smiled. The mission was simple. While one team goes off to search for Junho, the other stays behind and searches through Woody's office to find anything suspicious. Unknown to them, there was a hidden camera in the car and it was recording every words they were saying.

 

In a large mansion on the hill outside Bangkok, Woody leaned back against his chair and started laughing heartily at this discovery. "Amusing little babies. They give me so much joy. Well, let the game begin." He smiled then, because to him, this was not the best part yet. The best part would be the day he gets to hear them scream.

 

__________________________________