Determination

Your Calling

CCTVs were not as clear as JYP intended them to be. There was an unfamiliar face, but right after he drove off the van, the cameras failed to show where it went to. Frusrated, irritated and whole lot more emotions mixed in together, he stormed out of his office to catch his breath. The boiling anger inside him was seeping out slowly. Soon enough, he would probably need to scold some unfortunate souls in order to release all this pent up energy. He was just wondering who could take such a blow. Minjun's voice suddenly called out to him, "Hyung-nim."

 

Minjun. Just the guy he needed to see. He turned around to face the current leader of 2PM and unleashed his anger. As a producer, this was not one of the work ethics he had learnt from the day he decided to become a producer. He had seen many stars on their knees, crying out their lungs when their presidents threw out insults after insults over them. He came to learn the better way of leading his own sets of stars. Instead of constantly restraining them, he became more attentive to their needs, to hear what they had to say in something before he made his own decision. Yelling at someone and knowing it was not their fault was way beyond the limit he set himself in. Minjun took in the harsh comments, the hair-raising insults, and kept his mouth shut. He knew this was coming. The signs were inevitable. It was just the matter of time.

 

Everyone inside the office were instantly diverted from what they were doing and stood around the door, watching the blank expression on Minjun's face as JYP continued to yell above his voice. All the blame was on Minjun, telling him how bad of a leader he was for not bothering to take care of his dongsaengs, how he regretted to have thrown Jaybeom away, how he should have just thrown Minjun off the team when he had the chance....the words stung everyone, but the person was receiving it only keep very still. He was staring straight into JYP's eyes, with his lips pursed and his hands falling stiffly on his sides.

 

When JYP was finally done, he heaved a deep sigh and looked down on his shoes calmly. "Junho and Wooyoung had great plans for their albums, and I was going to coach them along the way. But I was too busy to care." The change of blame shocked the others inside the office. Minjun said nothing, but simply gazed at the president. "I should have cared some more. Mianhae, Minjun. I was too harsh on you. I hope you understand that I didn't mean what I said earlier. I just feel so angry right now. What am I going to say to the press, to all our sponsors and the board of directors? I screwed up. I let this get out of control."

 

Minjun laid a hand on JYP's shoulder and said in an assuring tone, "We'll find them. Don't worry about it. I won't stop until they're in my arms again." The expression on his face was a serious one. Minjun wasn't sure why his body suddenly acted that way. If JYP was a loss, what could he do that was any better? He was nothing compared to their boss. But his instincts had never failed him and he knew that there was a clue somewhere, something that Wooyoung or Junho could have left before they were kidnapped.

 

"Search around the area." He said. "I'm sure the boys had dropped something on the way back. It might be a clue for us."

 

_____________________________

 

Wooyoung dashed for the food on the tray like a madman when someone slid it towards them. He smelled the water to see if anything suspicious was added. It smelled like how water should smell. And then with a heavy heart, he drank half of the water from the metal cup and gave the other half to Junho. The younger boy sipped it slowly. His energy was drained so it became difficult for him to sit up straight. Wooyoung had to support him with his arms. "Come on now sweetie...drink it properly. It's not poison. I've tasted it."

 

Three days ago, they drank water that was mixed with something, and it had caused both boys to suffer diarrhea. A lot of water was drained as a result and when they were nearing their end due to dehydration, someone pushed a glass of clean water to them. They were able to survive another day. Wooyoung became more alert after that, not knowing what his captors could do. He looked up at the tiny window placed on top of the main entrance and saw the sun streaming through the glass. It was the only way he was able to tell whether it was daytime or nighttime. He wasn't sure how long they had been there though. The food on the tray was two slices of stale bread. That was their usual breakast. Meals were only brought in when the sun is up and before it goes down. Both boys became accustomed to the lack of meals, so most of the time they slept off their hunger.

 

"Sweetie, come, let's play a game."

 

Junho nodded his head weakly, because his mouth was too parched to say anything. He was nearing his end, and this worried Wooyoung. He only moved when he needed to pee, but other than that, he did very minimal activities and he said lesser and lesser by the day.  Their body smells were so bad that Wooyoung had to find a way to wade off any flies that came near them. Wooyoung also noticed how very thin both boys had become. Junho's ribs could be seen from under his skin. And his eyes looked sunken....distant....

 

Wooyoung tried to entertain his dongsaeng, making up jokes and telling him how succesful their album would be when they finally debut. It put a smile on Junho's face, and that was enough for the moment, because Wooyoung wasn't feeling too good himself. They would talk about the good old days and reminisce on all the stupid things they had done. They missed their lovers, but Wooyoung usually changed the subject when it came to Nichkhun. He didn't want to add any more pain to the fact that Nichkhun was still nowhere in sight to rescue him. But Junho talked a great deal about Chansung. There was always something new about the maknae.

 

"Hyung....I want to go home...." Junho muttered, shakily.

 

"I know sweetie. I know. Go to sleep first. When dinner comes, I'll call you."

 

"I'm tired of sleeping."

 

"Shh...." Wooyoung gently caressed Junho's cheeks until the younger boy eventually fell asleep on his lap. "Don't worry, sweetie. I'll find a way to get us out of here." He had been working secretly on something during his spare time. He knew where the camera in the room was placed, and usually during this time, no one should be there to check on them.He reached out the hand that was not caressing Junho and took out a small stone he had sharpened for the last few days. Every now and then, he would start to bang it against his chains, gradually thinning the metal. He did the same for Junho when the younger boy was too asleep to be aware. He needed to stay strong for the both of them.

 

"Hold on a little longer, sweetie."

 

___________________________