Where are THEY?!

Your Calling

31st December 2013 marked the day 2PM was separated to pursue individual careers temporarily. JYP signed them up for enough contracts to last two years and the boys were kept busy. Minjun started composing songs for his new album, which debuted successfully in the solo market. Taecyeon joined a roadshow event around Korea to showcase his talent of dancing and rapping, while partaking in body commercials along the way. Nichkhun went back to Thailand to shoot for his newest movie, '8 Something', a sequal to '7 Something'. Chansung was tied up in too many commercials and there were rumours that he was starring in a new romance comedy movie. Junho and Wooyoung paired up and composed for a new album, but before they managed to debut, for no reasons whatsoever, they disappeared five months later, leaving behind a note and a message saying, "We'll be back."

 

For a month or so after that, nobody but the company knew about their disappearance. JYP sent a few agents to track the boys down but their efforts were wasted. Either they were really good at disguising themselves or they had left the country. No one knew of the reason they left, so most of them simply speculated that they had eloped and planned a secret wedding somewhere. Of course, rumours like this could jeopardize the whole company, so JYP came up with an excuse that the boys were still in the midst of preparing for their album. At a loss of what to do, he finally called back the other members one day and told them the news. The shock from everyone's faces surprised JYP himself.

 

"You all don't know? I figured they would at least tell their bandmates where they went." JYP remarked, disappointment flashing through his tight expression.

 

"Did they say anything before they left?" Minjun asked, looking expectantly at their president. JYP simply shrugged his shoulders and passed him the note they left. "What? We'll be back? So they just got up and left like that, with only a note as a clue to tell us where they went.  Heck, it doesn't even say anything about where they could be." He shook his head angrily and sighed deeply.

 

"Our agents were not able to locate them. We searched as far as Jeonnam. But in the end, I had to cancel the search. It was impossible. Plus, our expenditure would be above the roof. This company will bankcrupt before any of the boys could be found."

 

"How long had they been missing?" Chansung asked, biting his lips. He was dead worried about Junho. He hoped nothing had happened to his hyung. Of course, Wooyoung was also his hyung, but the maknae was having a secret affair with Junho. They were lovers, but only behind closed doors. Nichkhun, on the other hand, wished that nothing had happened to Wooyoung. He had forgotten to call Wooyoung for the last couple of weeks, because his schedule was too packed for him to allow for casual calls.

 

"It's been a month."

 

"A MONTH?!" Everyone gaped at JYP, too stunned to move. "How did you manage to keep this up for a month?"

 

"I was too busy to bother, so I thought if I send a few men to look for them, everything would be fine. But people are now asking about them, and what am I supposed to do? I thought they left to visit one of you guys."

 

"When was the last time you saw them?"

 

"A month plus back. When was the last time any of you had seen them?" JYP questioned the boys back. He was beginning to feel irritated at the way they bombarded him with questions, as if it was his fault. Technically, that was true, because he was in charge of the boys. He was just as worried as the others. 

 

The faces sitting on the couch all looked down, speechless. Since they began their individual actvities, no one seemed to be bothered about others, all determined to perform their contracts properly. Minjun only visited Junho once a month now before returning to his studio in New York. He was composing songs with Jay Park. Taecyeon was only around whenever he was near Seoul. Chansung was too caught up in commercials that he had forgotten to visit Junho for the last two months and Nichkhun was too tired to take the flight back to Korea unless he had a week-long break. He did call Wooyoung up once a while to check on the younger guy, but this month's schedule proved to be too packed for him.

 

"Hmph. You guys used to be a team, and now no one even bothered to see one another. So basically, everyone is at fault here. I take my share of the blame for not caring" JYP stated.

 

"Any idea where they were before they left?" Minjun interrupted, looking squarely at JYP.

 

"We had a recording of them going into a van and then leaving the parking area. It's the same you guys took last time when attending concerts. After they left in the van, they were not seen since." The lady in a red blouse said. She was JYP's personal secretary.

 

"So where is the van now? And who drove it?" Nichkhun asked.

 

"I don't know. I think it's still in the parking area." The secretary replied.

 

"What do you mean, you don't know? You should know who has been driving it and where it should be?"

 

JYP was also looking at her now, suspicious. "Did you check properly, Ms Zhi?"

 

"I-I....I know it's still there." She didn't want to admit her mistake of not making sure whether everything was in place after the boys left. It would be embarrassment to her job, and she didn't want to lose it. "I will ask someone to confirm again."

 

"I will go down there and see to it myself."

 

He exited his office and briskly made his way down to the parking area in the basement while the others followed behind him quietly. They were nervous, hoping that the van would be there. "Get the driver who drove the van too and ask him where the boys are." He ordered Ms Zhi as they walked. The woman promptly excused herself and left in another direction.

 

When they arrived at the parking area, the van was indeed there, in the spot it was usually placed. On the outside, nothing seemed to be abnormal.. Everything was in order. JYP checked inside the van through the back screen. Props for concerts were stacked neatly at the back of the van. The seats were cleaned and there was no rubbish on the floor of the van. They moved to the driver seat and checked the front seats. On first glance, there was nothing. But Chansung spotted something suspicious on the carpeted floor at the front passenger seat. He called the others to come and see. When Minjun squinted his eyes to take a better look, the dark, dried up substance gave him a bad feeling. He asked JYP for a key to the van.

 

Ms Zhi and 2PM's manager, Minjae came seconds afterwards, with keys in hand. Everyone moved aside to allow Minjae to unlook the door. Ms Zhi told JYP that she had been unable to locate the person who had been driving the boys a month back. Disappointed at this, JYP said nothing but simply stood one side to allow Minjae to unlock the door. When the driver seat door was finally unlocked, Minjun got in and took a even closer look at the substance. He brushed his finger against it lightly, much to the disgust of the other members and smelled it.

 

The smell terrified him. He looked over at Taec and said in a low voice, "It's blood."

 

______________________________