Crime

The Wrong Guys

"You're insane." Mina and HyunMi expressed at the same time.

KiNeul threw her long hair over to  one side so that unwanted ears could not eavesdrop. "Oh, come on, guys! It's genius! Fool-proof! Kidnapping the hottest guys in school!"

EunSun finally put in her two cents. "Yea, but what if they, like, press charges? Kidnapping is a federal crime..."

"Then we can get Sa-Sa to win over Woohyun, and pressing charges won't even cross their minds!" KiNeul reasoned.

I cringed at hearing her use my nickname. "Yah!" I interrupted. "I am not flirting our way out of any situation that you get us into! It's not as if Woohyun and I are dating--there's a massive possibility that it might not even work!"

"Then we take our chances." KiNeul shrugged.

"You have got to be kidding me." HyunMi covered her face with her porcelain hands.

"Well," KiNeul sighed. "Unless you guys have any other ideas..."

The five of us fell silent.

KiNeul was always the one with the ideals in our group. With her bright personality, it was almost always impossible to refuse any idea she gave us. Not to mention, she always seemed to come up with these ideas when the rest of us were running out of things to say.

Mina looked unsteady, EunSun and HyunMi took glances at each other for a statement, and KiNeul just looked straight at me waiting for an answer.

"The plan can't go down without you, SaeJi-ah." KiNeul spoke nonchalantly.

Mina finally opened . "I'm in."

"I'm in." EunSun nodded along.

I set one last pleading look towards HyunMi. Out of the bunch, we were the closest.

"Mianhe, Unnie." She bit her lip. "I'm in."

I shrank down into my seat. The world was out to get me.

 

THIRD PERSON.

 

"Alright," KiNeul laid down the details. "Here's the plan: SaeJi-ah will tell Woohyun to bring his friends to the storage room outside. No one goes in there, so it's guaranteed to be empty."

SaeJi left the room, already dialing Woohyun's number.

"EunSun-ah," KiNeul went on. "Get the sleeping gas from inside the science lab. You and Mina will set it off in the room when the guys get there."

Both girls nodded in acceptance.

"Finally, HyunMi and I will be inside the storage room with duct tape and rope to get the guys. We'll wear gas masks, too."

SaeJi appeared back in the room having already completed her first task. "Anything else I can do?"

"Yea," KiNeul nodded. "Just watch over them while the rest of us put everything back in place to make it look like nothing happened."

"Arasso." SaeJi, HyunMi, Mina, and EunSun responded at the same time.

KiNeul's pink lips broke out into a sinister grin. "It's show time."

 

MEANWHILE...

 

"IT'S SHINEE!!" The fan girls screaming behind the batch of boys.

Onew, who luckily wore comfortable clothes, tried his hardest to run out of several girls' grips while being completely mindful of anything that could possibly trip him and let him fall into the hands of teen fantasies.

Taemin, always having been very fit, ran in front of his hyungs. He quickly made every direction change that the boys made. Minho, just as fit, ran beside him.

Jonghyun and Key fumbled over their own feet, for the first time experiencing the feeling of Onew Sangtae and the disadvantages that came along with it.

Taemin turned around a sharp corner. He stayed up against the wall, resenting the feeling of his sweaty long hair clinging to his skin. His hyungs followed shortly after. They watched stealthly as the fans ran passed the alley they hid in.

"Hyung!" Taemin pointed out to Minho. "Let's hide in there."

The maknae pointed to a storage unit outside of a school yard.

"Do you think they'll find us here?" Key spoke through heavy breaths.

Jonghyun went through the same action. "Yea, do we still need to hide?"

Just as the five boys took a comforting breath, the screams of fans grew louder.

"I don't know about you guys, but to me that means yes!" Onew shrieked.

"Come on!" Minho pulled Taemin's arm, and the rest took off running.

 

//

 

Woohyun glanced at his phone. "Hyung, SaeJi-sshi isn't answering her phone. How am I supposed to tell her that we can't make in tonight?"

DongWoo shrugged, "Just visit her tomorrow and explain everything. I'm sure she'll understand."

 

//

 

Minho, Onew, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Key stood awkwardly in the storage room of Seoul High. Neither of them knew how to react in this kind of situation.

Jonghyun grunted. "This is what we get for requesting a week off--an even more intense workout."

Key rolled his eyes. "Soo Man sunbae is not going to be happy with us at all."

"Am I the only one who's hungry?" Taemin pouted.

"I want--" Onew started but stopped himself when a certain sound caught his attention.

"Let me guess." Minho aimed his glossy eyes at the leader. "You want chicken."

Onew hushed his dongsaengs. "Wait--do you hear that?"

Key listened as well as Jonghyun.

"It sounds like an air conditioner..." Jonghyun put his ear towards the sound.

"Not an air conditioner..." Key shook his head. "It sounds like someone opened a tank of gas."

Taemin scrunched his nose. "It's smells funny in here."

Minho began to rub his temples as a yawn passed through his lips. "What is it?"

Key's eyes started to droop. Jonghyun scratched his head which was usually a sign of drowsiness for him. Onew fought to stay alert. Taemin shook his head every couple of seconds to wake himself up.

Not even five seconds later, the five boys fell asleep, unaware of was about to happen. As the sky fell dark, the plan was just beginning.