Tissues

The Wrong Guys

 

JONGHYUN

How the hell am I supposed to sleep here? REALLY—WHAT IS THIS?! It's like sleeping in a jail cell... Except more... Comfortable and warm and colorful—OH, WHATEVER! It's all the same. Am I supposed to just sit in my room while the killer fangirl is downstairs? Aissh, jinja...

I paced back and forth. Should I try to escape? Should I call Onew Hyung? Maybe he can help me—What am I saying...

There's only one way to make this time go faster!

NEWS.

I grabbed my phone and fell back on the bed, scrolling through endless articles.

"Hara and Junhyung dating," I whispered to myself. "Divorce, hit and run, gambling..."

And then it hit me. The news covers everything even the things I don't want to see. It's been a few weeks, so... Is it still so new that it'd appear?

I dragged my finger down only to see my name flash up on the screen. I blinked and put my phone down beside me. I really hate this reality.

KINEUL

"FUHHH, I HATE CRYING!"

I grabbed the box of tissues beside me and just held it in my lap. This is the last time I ever procrastinate and forget to give SaeJi Unnie her movies back. Last week she left Definitely, Maybe and now she left Letters to Juliet. It's like she's trying to turn my house into a hazard area.

Ever since everyone left, Jonghyun has been extremely quiet. Something tells me he's not usually like this. Even so, I hope he's well. He may be a pain in the , but he's still an idol. I can't just let him leave with a fever and a runny nose. I'd be the target of every Shawol in the area!

I grabbed my bowl of popcorn and an unopened bar of chocolate, making my way upstairs. Even as I reached the top step, I could still hear my movie, but it was just faint murmurs of whatever scene I was missing.

There was no light under the guest bedroom door in which Jonghyun was staying. It was only nine though. He couldn't be asleep this soon. It isn't human to be asleep at this hour at his age.

I placed my snacks by the door and tiptoed forward. Jonghyun's voice was so minor, but I could still hear it with my ear pressed up to the wall. I cracked the door open slowly.

"N-noona, neomu yeppeoso," Jonghyun sang to himself. "Boys won't leave you alone."

"Jonghyun-sshi... Are you crying?" I whispered.

Jonghyun was faced away from me, but I could see his body shake with every breath he took. He sniffled and coughed, but still sang.

"Honestly, I know your sh-shaking feelings. To you, I know this love is one moment, one feeling." He continued. "But no matter what is said, this is my life's everything."

It seemed as if he couldn't get passed that verse. Without continuing the song, the shining idol went on speaking.

"Waeyo?" His voice cracked.

"J-Jonghyun-sshi—" I pushed the door open all the way.

Jonghyun forced himself up quickly. He wiped away his tears. "Yeh?"

I walked over to him slowly. Taking out another tissue from my pocket, I handed it to him.

"You shouldn't rub your eyes so harshly." I laughed once. When he didn't take the tissue, I wiped away the tears myself. "Gwenchaneyo?"

I knew he'd say he was okay, but I guess it is the reflex of a human being to ask that question even if we already know the answer. It's that generic question that we all know how to say from the moment we learn how to speak. I knew he wasn't okay, but was it all that wrong to ask?

Jonghyun shook his head much to my surprise.

I sat next to him, feeling the bed sink in.

He handed me his phone and pointed to the page.

I read the headline out loud. "Shin Se Kyung and SHINee's Jonghyun are no longer dating?"

Ahh, so that's what this is about. I'd read the article before as would have any fan. They didn't have enough time for each other so they broke it off. It's sad really. Mostly because that means the feeling might have still been there. They just didn't have any chance to show it.

Jonghyun sniffed. "It's a petty thing, isn't it? Seeing a man cry over a wasted relationship."

"Well, were you happy?"

He looked taken back at my question.

"Well?" I asked again. "Were you?"

Jonghyun nodded.

"Then it wasn't a wasted relationship." I assured him. "And it's not petty. It's quite refreshing actually. Crying just means you're human, right? So you got into a relationship that didn't last as long as it should have. That doesn't mean it was wasted. It just means the timing wasn't right."

"Timing?"

"Yes, timing. And if you two really were meant to be together then this break up was just a hiccup." I pressed my lips together. "If you two were truly meant to be... you'll both wait."