Pray

The Wrong Guys

//KINEUL//

 

After SaeJi Unnie and Onew left our little gathering, the rest of us found ourselves in a bout of complete silence. I gritted my teeth together as I caught sight of Onew cooking breakfast beside SaeJi in a nearby mirror. At least, they aren't being awkward. Why the heck am I being awkward? Me, of all people! When you're in a room of idols, you're not supposed to just sit there! You're supposed to, like, flirt! And aegyo! Anything!

All eyes went to me as I got out of my seat. I sighed. "I feel gross, so I'm going to shower. You all have fun on this little awkward cloud of yours."

 

//JONGHYUN//

 

I held back a pout as KiNeul turned her back on us to head upstairs. She didn't seem like she wanted to stay one bit. I wanted to apologize for hurting her this morning. You know, be a gentleman. What are the chances that she actually won't forgive me? If that's going to be the case, then I better ask Onew Hyung if we can switch houses. At least there, SaeJi-sshi doesn't have anything against me.

"Hyung," Taemin nudged my shoulder. He looked around for an answer from any of the hyungs. "We should help SaeJi Noona and Onew Hyung with breakfast. We need to help."

"Bwoh?" I sat back. "Why are you calling her Noona?"

Noona? Noona?! Really?! He's already becoming a lost puppy barking at her heels! This isn't proper! We're idols! And we're not about to act like servants just because a batch of fans went nuts and kidnapped us! Now of all times, this would be an appropriate moment to act like a mad man and run like all hell has broken loose!

Our maknae shrugged, quite puzzled with my question, "To be polite? She seemed nice..."

"And she happens to be younger than you." HyunMi started giggling. "We're all younger than you aside from Mina Unnie."

"Omo! I'm an Oppa!" Taemin started clapping in excitement.

"Aigoo," Key sighed. "As much as I hate to say this out loud, that KiNeul girl is right. We should be doing our fair share."

Oh, now I know that we've all gone insane. Key admitting something that he objects to? What is this?! I don't understand! Is there some kind of spell on them? Am I the only one not affected?!

HyunMi, EunSun, and Mina stood up before us. Each one had their backs straight with a look of confidence and... discontent. Taemin, Key, Minho, and I watched, confused as to what they were doing.

Mina rolled her eyes. "Don't look at us like that. Come on, help us with breakfast." She gave Minho's sleeve a slight tug before storming off.

"Arasso, Noona!" Taemin jumped up and followed her like a broken anklet snagged on her shoe.

I glared, " up."

"Oh, give it a rest, Hyung." Key scoffed before walking to the kitchen with the others.

Before I knew it, I was alone in this big empty living room. Would now be a good time to apologize to KiNeul?

"Just do it, Jjong." I gave myself a pep-talk as I trekked up the stairs, catching a couple of glances at the kitchen where the others were working. "She'll forgive you, and if she doesn't just..." I bit my lip. "Pray for dear life."

The bathroom door seemed so plain. It was a plain shade of white with a couple of chipped pieces of paint in the center. I rolled my eyes at the sloppy job. I leaned in to peel off the white cover up.

"OH, MY GOD!" KiNeul swung the door open, and my hand poked right at the knot of her towel that was wrapped tightly around her bare chest. There was still a few droplets of water on her olive skin.

Goodness, I am about to have a heart attack. Why couldn't I have just waited until she was finished and downstairs where everyone can witness it if she murders me? I stared, slowly pulling my hand away.

That was single-handedly the biggest mistake of my entire life.

As I drew my hand back, the knot in the towel loosened just enough to, well, slip.

A loud screech erupted from KiNeul's lips. "AHHH!"

"Oh, my--" I backed away, stumbling over my own feet with my hands clamped over my eyes. "I-I'm so sorry!"

"GET OUT!" KiNeul slammed the bathroom door shut.

I fell on my rear with a grimace on my face. If I had felt the need to pray for my life a couple of minutes ago, well, I really need to right now.