Chapter 20

The Sun and The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luna came in after yoga class that Sunday and half crawled to the kitchen for water. HaeWoo, her yoga instructor, was usually one of her favorite people in the world, but HaeWoo was a sadist at times.

It was quiet in the apartment as Luna sat at the island drinking her second bottle of water. Luna wondered where Stacy was, but assumed she was out with friends. As she sat there, there was this faint, rhythmic sound that Luna couldn't identify nor, where it was coming from. She thought, at first, that she was hearing things, but it kept coming. Deciding that she wasn't crazy, she started walking around the kitchen to try to find the source. No, not in there. Living room? No, not there either. Shaking it off, Luna walked back towards her room—there it is again. Luna looked left and right and up until she realized the sound was coming from Stacy's room. In confusion, she leaned her ear to the door and hear the noise more distinctly. Followed by a moan. Luna stood straight up and scurried to her room. Clapping her hands over , she let loose a fit of giggles. Go ahead, Stacy!, she cheered before going in to the bathroom for a soak in the tub.

 

*****

 

YoungBae had his head resting on the table in the studio when he felt the vibrations of his phone in his pocket.

Luna: You busy?

Bae: At Work. What's up?

Luna: Nothing. Never mind. Have fun at work.

YoungBae looked at the text for a minute trying to decipher the hidden meaning. He tried to get back into the groove of the music, but the tone of her text was bothering him. Stepping out into the hall, he called her.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Okay. I'm curious. What did you need?”

“It's fine, I've got it figured out.”

“But what was the problem?”

He heard her deep sigh before answering. “I was going to ask if I could borrow your couch.”

“Did you have a sudden desire to redecorate?”

“Hardy-har, Funny Man. I need some sleep and I'm not going to get any here.”

“What's wrong with your place?”

“Uh...Maknae and Stacy have decided to stop flirting.”

“What? I don't understand,” The next thing YoungBae heard was muffled grunting and jibberish. The moans though, were unmistakeable and that made him blush. “Oh. Oh.”

“Yeah...super uncomfortable. That's just with me sticking the phone out the door. I tried to tolerate it, but it's only gotten louder and it's been going on for far too long.”

“Hey, wait a minute. Maknae said he couldn't make the session tonight because a friend was coming.”

“Well, that's accurate based on all the noise they're making. Dude, it sounds like they're in there auditioning for Japanese . Even I can't sleep through that.” YoungBae blushed harder and laughed.

“So what do you have to do tomorrow?”

“I'll be assisting the U.S. Ambassador. He has a meeting with the ambassadors from Spain and South Korea to discuss a plan for when North Korea starts acting up again. It's supposed to be Dave, but he just found out his wife is pregnant and they have their first appointment tomorrow. It's at 8am and the Spanish Embassy is closer to your house, so... I was going to ask if I can stay there. But it's cool. I'm looking for a hotel.”

“No, don't. You can stay at my place.” Oh, my God—what did I just say?, he asked himself.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. You let me stay at your place all the time. It's the least I can do. When are you going to come by?”

“Would immediately be too soon? Seriously, I'm hiding in my closet to avoid the sound of their activities. I can be packed and ready to go in ten.”

“Can you make it twenty? That way I can finish up here and get home to meet you.” Luna agreed. “And, um, dress inconspicuously. There might be some fans lurking about.”

“Oh, no. I hadn't even thought of that. I'll stay--”

“No!” he said too forcefully, so he softened his tone. “No. I want you to stay. Please. I'll even let you sleep on the bed instead of the couch.”

There was silence over the line as Luna thought it over. “OK. See you in twenty. Text me your address.”

 

*****

Luna packed her power suit and makeup while she waited for him to send the text with his address in it. Once that was finished, she fixed her bed and couldn't stall any more. Tip-toeing past Stacy's room, Luna went into the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine he liked as a thank you gift. As she made her way to the door with her bags, her path was blocked by a sweaty, disheveled and boxer clad SeungRi coming out of Stacy's room. They looked at each other, neither knowing what to say. “Oh....wasseo?”

“Uh....” she responded. Luna raised her hand in farewell and ran out.

 

*****

 

YoungBae was nervous about having her in his house for the first time. His apartment was smaller than hers and a little cluttered with all of his clothes and shoes. It's not that he couldn't afford a larger place, he was comfortable where he was. Maybe I should redecorate, he considered with a sudden bout of insecurity. Looking around through the eyes of a stranger, he was suddenly unimpressed with his surroundings. The furnishings were functional and comfortable, but hers were functional, comfortable and stylish. He was seldom home, anyway. All he really needed was a bed and a shower. Right?

He moved around the living room straightening up while he waitied for her. When the doorbell chimed, he took a deep breath before opening it. Luna had on a floppy hat and sunglasses which caused him to laugh.

“I said to look inconspicuous. Not crazy.” Luna looked down the hall in either direction like she was in a bad spy movie before going in. She took off her shoes and waited for a hug or some other acknowledgment while he continued to stand in her way.

“Hi?”

“Hi.”

“Can I come in?” Remembering his manners, he grabbed her bags and took it to his room. He didn't say much as he hovered by the bed and fiddled with the items on his dresser. “Am I making you uncomfortable? Maybe this was a bad idea.”

“No. It's fine.” he rubbed the the back of his neck. “I don't get a lot of company other than the guys.”

“Oh. You must be the 'love 'em and leave 'em type' too, right?” she said as she elbowed him playfully in the stomach. He gave a grunt of agreement and then gave her the brief tour of his apartment.

“Hungry? I can make noodles.”

“That sounds wonderful. I'll be out after I change.” YoungBae nodded to her and left the room to start the food. Everything was finished when she came out wearing one of his long-sleeved t-shirts. He looked at her long enough that she got self conscience. “Sorry. The shirt I brought was sleeveless and I'm cold.”

“You look cute.” he said with an appreciative grin. “The food is ready. Have a seat.”

Over dinner, Luna told him all about her harrowing experience of being trapped in her own house by the sounds of . YoungBae almost spit his food out when she told him about running into the practically Maknae. After dinner, they went to the living room and watched TV until Luna's eyes started to droop. YoungBae took her by the hand and walked her to the bedroom. Once she was in and comfortable, he took a shower. When he came out, she was fast asleep.

 

*****

 

The next morning, Luna woke up at 7:10am. With an explicative, she jumped out of bed, grabbed her cosmetic bag and ran to the bathroom. YoungBae made coffee for her and a light breakfast while she got dressed and ready. He was even kind enough to pull her dressy shoes from the bag and put them by the door for her.

“Crap! Bae? I broke my eye liner and forgot a sharpener. Do you have one?” Luna yelled from the bathroom. YoungBae reached under the sink and gave her a new pencil. She looked at it and then at him. “If you were any other man, I would question why you have this.”

Dressed in her navy, pin-striped Armani pantsuit and cream Yves St. Laurent dress shirt, Luna went to the kitchen to drink a cup coffee before walking out the door. She was holding it and checking her phone when YoungBae took a step back and bumped her against the table. Looking down she watched in horror as the coffee stain spread across her shirt. “Oh, God. No. No. No. No!”

Luna ripped her jacket and shirt off. She raced to put her shirt in the sink and run cold water over it so it wouldn't stain. YoungBae was too busy admiring her in her bra to realize at first what happened. He went into his closet and found a button up shirt his brother had bought him that was too big. Handing it to Luna, she tried it on. It was a little tight across the chest, but it would do as long as she kept her jacket closed. Once re-dressed, Luna gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to the door. Spotting her shoes, she sent him a grateful smile before putting on her Burberry trench coat, grabbing her overnight bag and walking out. Two minutes later she called YoungBae in a panic.

“You are not going to believe this! I have a flat tire. I'm sorry to ask you for anything else--”

“It's okay. I'll be right down.” YoungBae grabbed a coat, hat and keys and left within a minute. Getting down to the garage, he saw Luna's car for the first time. A cherry red, convertible, mini cooper. He laughed while saying,“Is that really a car?”

“There is absolutely nothing wrong with my car. It's a blessing when it comes to parking on the narrow streets of Seoul.” she defended. She threw her overnight bag in the trunk of her car then walked to his SUV a few spaces away. Over her shoulder she called, “Besides, I don't need a big car. I'm not compensating for anything.”

Before she could get the passenger door open, he pressed her against it with his body. He executed an exquisitely slow body roll against her back side and said, “I'm not compensating for anything either.” He walked to his side of the car and gave himself a satisfied smirk when he noticed she was still standing there, frozen in place.

*****

“Thank you so much for everything, Bae. You, are my hero.” Luna said to him as he pulled up in front of the Spanish Embassy.

“It's my pleasure. I feel like I don't do enough for you, anyway,” Luna waved this off. “What are you doing after the meeting?”

“I'll probably go home and change before going in to the office.”

“How are you getting there?” he asked.

“Oh. I hadn't thought of that. I forgot about the car. I guess I'll take the bus or call a cab.”

“It's supposed to start raining in an hour or two. Send me a text when you're almost finished. The YG building is only ten minutes from here.” Luna asked if he was sure. “I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it.” he said with a smile as he threw her words back at her.

Luna leaned over the console, gripped his chin and gave him a deep and thorough kiss before getting out of the car. She gave him a wink when the glass was between them and ran up the stairs. It wasn't until someone blew the horn that YoungBae snapped out of his daze.

*****

 

“My God. You look like you got beat up. Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?” YoungBae asked these questions as he saw L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter