Chapter 41

The Sun and The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April


 

Luna fell in to a new rhythm as the spring rolled in. Aside from her work schedule, HaeWoo came back to Seoul, so Luna was doing yoga again on a regular basis. Also, she began volunteering to teach English once a week at SeulMi's church. 'Volunteer' wasn't actually the right word, but it sounded better than 'guilted' when she explained to people why she was doing it.

The guys of MBLAQ, along with promoting in Japan, were getting closer to the release of their newest album. When SeungHo sat her down to explain all the steps involved and how busy their schedule was going to get, Luna managed to keep a straight face and look very interested. She knew all about it, had seen it in action—and on a much larger scale. Not that she could tell him that. So, she made sure to be very understanding and look very sympathetic while he talked.

On one of their rare half days, Luna invited them over for dinner.

“What do you guys want tonight? Korean, or Italian?” Luna asked SeungHo as she straightened up the house.

“Can we have both?!” came a loud voice in the background.

“Yah! Bang CheolYong!” SeungHo said his name like a warning. “Can we, though?” he said quietly into the phone.

“Can I at least bring Browny with me this time?!” CheolYong asked just as loudly.

“No, you may not being your pet snake. And no, I will not be serving Italian and Korean food on the same table. They don't even go together, you pigs,” Luna chastised. “Put it to a vote. I'm in the mood for either.”

“No need to vote. I'm leader, and I say we have Italian.”

“That would be considered an abuse of power, by most standards.” Luna joked.

“Well, I'm the leader and I don't care what they say,” In the background, Luna could hear the roar of objections from the other guys. “I'm also the oldest, so be quiet! Aish, these kids. . .” The noise quieted down immediately. Luna was impressed. JiYong seldom had that kind of control. “We would like Italian food. Do you want us to bring anything?”

“A couple bottles of wine would be good. I'm not sure what I'll cook yet, so get red and white, please.”

“That's fine. And because ChangSun hates to be parted from his money, he'll buy them. Three of each kind.”

“Hyung! That's not—”

“Quiet!” And again, there was silence. “What time will you be serving?”

“I was thinking seven. Would that be acceptable, Leader-nim?”

“That is acceptable. Carry on.” Luna heard him giggle just before hanging up.

If it were anyone else on earth, she would serve them boiled hot dogs and stale potato chips for speaking to her that way. But it was SeungHo, so certain allowances were given.


 

*****

 

Luna could hear laughter, whining, and admonishments at the backdoor from her spot at the stove. Luna wasn't sure when, but SeungHo had taken it upon himself to stop knocking. And because Luna didn't make a fuss about it the first few times, he kept doing it. After taking off his shoes, he walked in to the kitchen to back-hug her and give her a kiss on the cheek. Luna elbowed him in the stomach.

“That's for mouthing off on the phone earlier,” Luna turned around, gasped and clutched her heart dramatically. “Do my eyes deceive me? Or are all five of you handsome, talented men here for once? Come to think of it, ByungHee? Have you ever been here?”

“First time. But I will be here often, if that food tastes as good as it smells,” ByungHee told her with a smoldering look. Luna popped him in the nose with a spoon covered in marinara sauce.

“Who has the wine?” Luna asked the room at large. ChangSun handed it to her with a sour look on his face. Luna turned to SeungHo and asked, “Did you really make him pay for it?”

“Sure did.” he responded absently as he started uncovering pots and looking inside. Luna popped him in the knuckles with the spoon.

“Out of my kitchen. Go watch TV or something,” Luna shoo'd them out with a smile on her face. She pulled on SangHyun's sleeve to get his attention. “I'm glad you could take a break from your schedule to come hang out with me again.” He smiled and her, blushed a little and walked to the living room behind the other guys. SangHyun was a man of few words.

While Luna was finishing dinner preparations, ByungHee came in and sat at the breakfast bar with a pensive expression. “Do you need any help with anything?” he offered.

“No, I've got it,” She assured him with a smile. “Would you like something to drink in the mean time?”

He declined. He was quiet for a while, just looking around the room taking in the details. “Did you decorate the house by yourself?”

“I had some help,” she answered vaguely. He made a 'huh' sound. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, I don't know. It doesn't look like you.” Luna looked at him over her shoulder with a curious expression. “What I mean is, I guess this isn't what I expected your house to look like. You have a lot of personality and I don't see it. It's pretty, but, it's impersonal,” Luna stilled her hands and turned to look at him. ByungHee scratched the back of his neck, looking uncomfortable. “I'm sorry. Did I overstep?”

“No. Um, that just sounded familiar,” Luna rolled her neck and shook off the thought. “On second thought, would you help me get the table set?”


 

*****

 

After the guys were gone, Luna set about cleaning up again. Tired, and a little tipsy from playing host, she sat down on the couch and put her feet up on the coffee table. Then, immediately took them down. She started to wipe at any dirt her feet may have left behind, then froze. Luna stood, walked around the downstairs and finally saw the house from a different perspective.

“It's home decor magazine perfect, but it has no personality. It's sterile. It's generic.”

Oh. My. God., she thought. YoungBae was right. The house, that she had tried to make a home, had all the charm and appeal of an expensive hotel room.

With one last sweeping glance, Luna pulled her phone out and checked to see what time the nearest hardware store closed. It was time to redecorate.


 

*****


 

June

 

“Luna! This is your twenty minute warning. I will be leaving my house shortly to pick you up.”

“Waiting on you, Yang SeungHo! I'm already dressed,” and this time, she actually was. They were on their way to another album release party. MBLAQ's this time. Luna was excited for them. She knew that they were putting in long hours, and working very hard to make their comeback a success. “I don't understand why you're coming to get me, anyway. I can drive.”

“I like walking in with you. You're good arm candy.”

“Whatever. See you soon.”

The party was a success. Everyone left having a good feeling about the album. That included the MBLAQ members. They celebrated harder than anyone.

“Yah! Why would you invite me to a party, drive me to the party, and then drink so much that you can't drive me home?!” Luna castigated him the whole way back to his apartment. “That's damn irresponsible, Yang SeungHo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter