Chapter 13

The Sun and The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Water. Water!!!” Luna mumbled and pleaded. The bed moved a little and suddenly there was a glass of water on the nightstand next to her face. “Thanks”. Without touching it, she fell back to sleep.

The next time she opened her eyes, the sun was streaming in through the windows. “Ugh. Close the curtains please. I can't take it, Stace. Please. I promise I'll never drink again. Just close those curtains!.” Movement came again from the other side of the bed, and the curtains were closed.

Finally feeling relatively human again, Luna sat up very slowly in the bed and scrubbed her face with her hands. She saw the water and two tylenol next to her and downed then quickly. Running a hand through her hair gave her an opportunity to smell her hands and underarms. She smelled like she took a fully clothed dive into a vat of soju. Yuk. To her left, Stacy had her head covered with a pillow so Luna slapped her on the .

“You could have at least undressed me, heifer.” Crawling slowly to the bathroom across the hall, Luna sat on the floor for a little while to collect herself. She had flashes of the previous night, but she was sure a large bulk of her memory was missing. She exhaled a deep sigh because she knew Stacy would be more than glad to fill in the blanks. Loudly and with great hilarity, as was her way. When she went to rest her head in her hands again, she caught another whiff of herself. She brushed her teeth twice, undressed and hopped into the shower. That feels so much better, she groaned. Wrapped in a towel and with another on her head she walked back across the hall and demanded breakfast.

“Get up and feed me! It's the least you could do for not cutting me off last night. Get up!” She shook Stacy a few times. “Ir-eona, saekki-ya!”

A struggle ensued over possession of the pillow. Stacy trying to hold it in place, Luna trying hard to remove it so she would have Stacy's full attention. With a triumphant roar, the pillow went sailing to the corner of the room. Luna look down expecting to see Stacy..... but Stacy was not on the bed.


 

*****


 

“You are the most obnoxious drunk person I have ever come across. And that is saying a lot because I know SeungRi.” YoungBae rolled onto his back and met her stupefied expression. Luna was silent for a moment, but then started screaming.

“Ah, HELP!!! HELP ME!! STACY!!! !! Ah---mmmph” Just as she was about to cross the threshold to the hallway, she was yanked back into the bedroom by a strong arm around her waist and a had over . Trying to hold the towel up with one hand, Luna struggled as best she could, but was over powered by YoungBae practically sitting on her chest.

“Luna! It's me! Calm down.” Men should know that never works. Luna put up an even fiercer struggle. It ended with YoungBae straddling her hips, his feet pining her knees, catching both of her hands in one of his above her head and the other still over . She bit him. He let go for a moment, then put his hand back in place.

“Dammit, woman. Stop screaming! I'm not trying to hurt you! Look at me!” Luna opened her eyes slowly and blinked a few times to clear her vision. They were mere inches from each others faces but Luna would recognize those eyes anywhere. They looked a bit more frantic than usual, but they definitely belonged to Dong YoungBae.

“You recognize me, right?” She nodded. “Will you scream again when I let go of you?” She shook her head. He moved off of her slowly and she kept her promise. Readjusting the towel that covered most of her, she put her back to the headrest. Then reached up and threw the curtains back. With more light in the room she was able to confirm that yes, Bae really was there.

“I'm sorry for scaring you and being rough with you. If I hurt you, I'm sorry. I just really didn't want you to hit me again.” he bowed his head slightly and she just continued to stare. Hit him again?! Her mind had yet to catch up with her eyes. She knew what she was seeing and she knew it was real. Or... She poked him in the shoulder a few times a felt his solid muscles beneath the shirt. Yes. That felt real too. Conclusion, not a drunken hallucination.

“Why are you here? And where is Stacy?” she was finally able to form words. Good. That could be considered progress in some circles.

“I took care of you last night because you had a lot to drink. Stacy spent the night with friends” YoungBae answered in a reasonable tone.

“So you just..happened to stop by, get into my apartment and sleep in the bed with me?”

“Not quite.”

“Do explain.”

“I will. But only after you eat something and put some clothes on. You did say you were hungry, yes? ” Looking down Luna remembered that she wasn't properly attired for this kind of conversation. She nodded again.

“Good. See you in the kitchen in 5?” He was already out of the door before he finished talking. Once in the hallway, he leaned against the wall and took a deep breath. That went a little better than he expected. Except the bite and the wrestling and the screams for help and the accusation and.....


 

*****


 

YoungBae was facing the stove when he heard her come into the kitchen. Looking over his shoulder, he saw she had a poofy/curly ponytail, dark rimmed glasses on, stretch pants and an over sized T-shirt. Or maybe it wasn't over sized. He had forgotten how short she was.

“Your eggs will be done in a minute. Have a seat and I'll bring it over.” She sat at the kitchen island. He didn't have to look over his shoulder again to know she was staring at him. He could feel the weight of her gaze like a worm crawling up his spine. The only sound made was the coffee maker finishing up and the toaster popping up. He started looking for plates when he heard--

“Cabinet to your right. Above the stove” she called from behind him.

“Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter