III

Up and Away [UNFINISHED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks for helping me out” Myungsoo smiled smugly, “it’s nice to know SOMEONE does their work around here.”

“Yeah, I know right?” Chanyeol laughed and bumped elbows with Myungsoo and I rolled my eyes.

“I was talking about her; you barely do any work around here! I ought to fire you… you’re lucky you’re a close friend of mine” Myungsoo sighed, sounding disappointed, but smiling quickly as soon as Chanyeol began picking up heavy boxes. “So you do things when your job is at stake, huh? Interesting.”

“Shut up” Chanyeol grunted as he picked up more boxes, struggling a bit.

“Do you need help, big boy?” I laughed as he broke a sweat; he glared at me as he set down one of the heavy boxes.

“No little girl” he replied while moving his hand down on his hip and leaning his body against the empty wall. “Yo, this place is empty.”

“We’re still ordering pictures to put on the walls” Myungsoo stared around at the empty space, “there’s so much to do… so little time!” he shouted frantically.

“That’s why you have us” I smiled and Myungsoo smiled back at me.

“Yes, I’m glad I do” he laughed while he pinched my cheek. I was crimson red, flushing. Myungsoo is a really handsome boss…

“Hey, hey, hey” Chanyeol grunted once more, “is anyone going to help me?!”

“I thought you didn’t need help, big boy!” I screamed and he shook his head. “No I need your help now, please” his arms started to shake and I ran over quickly to grab the other end of the box.

“Alright, I’ll leave you both to it, thanks again. Kids will be here soon, please behave yourselves until then” he distinctly moved his eyes toward Chanyeol “… and by the time I come back, I hope the both of you are still alive” Myungsoo cleared his throat, waved goodbye, and walked out of the room.

Chanyeol had been staring at me all while we had been moving the boxes while I directed him where to go. I was tempted to give him wrong directions in order for him to run into things, but I decided to be mature… for once.

“What the heck are you looking at?” I became uncomfortable as his gaze did not break from me. He shook his head while moving slowly.

“Well, I need something to focus on. I’m walking backwards and you’re the one giving me directions, aren’t you? So I need to focus on you, you are my vision!” he defended himself and I nodded, understanding his point of view. “Besides, there’s not that much to look at anyway, nothing too interesting anyway.”

“AH CHANYEOL WATCH OUT!” I screamed and he stumbled, catching himself. I began to laugh as his eyes grew wider than they already were. He looked behind him and screamed.

“What the heck! There isn’t anything behind me, what are you screaming about?!” he threw a tantrum and nearly dropped the other half of the box.

“Hey, be careful! The things in here are fragile you bimbo. If anything is broken, it comes out of both our paychecks, you want money, don’t you?!” I wiped beads of sweat from my forehead on my shoulder and he sighed in defeat. He knew I was right.

“Aish…” he puffed as we finally set the box down. I started to gather my hair together and tied it into a pony tail. We were in the supposed dance room and I had been checking myself out in the mirror. After tying my hair up, I adjusted my work clothes for the day. I patted my face with a soft tissue and turned around to find myself alone.

“Chanyeol?” I shouted to confirm that he was away. “Chanyeollllllllllllllllllll?”

He wasn’t there, which was weird. The camp was huge and I didn’t have a sense of the place yet, only Chanyeol, Myungsoo, and the other various staff members did. “Ah…” I sighed to myself. I sat against the mirror, waiting for someone to look for me. I mean, someone HAD to look for me, right? Chanyeol would be back eventually… he would need me to carry the other side of the box. Yeah, that’s right.

I waited for a while before I realized that Chanyeol was definitely not coming back. I began to assume that he had left me on purpose, knowing that I had no idea what was where and how vast the area was. However, I shook the ridiculous thoughts out of my head and realize I was being silly. Chanyeol wouldn’t know that, he’s too blind… And for an annoying jerk, he has a soft heart.

After a moment to myself, I decided it would be best for me to explore the place and get to know it before the kids who were to attend the summer camp arrived. I walked out of the room sneakily… as if I were a member on Running Man. I slid against the walls and began to play hide and seek by myself. I laughed to myself, running from corner to corner, getting to know the place a bit better with each step I took.

“So here’s the recreational area” I said aloud, pretending to be a tour guide for imaginary tourists, “and to your left is the cafeteria, where open mike nights will be held and food will be served” I smiled to myself. “I’m a good tour guide!” I complimented myself. I turned a corner and bumped into a person of large stature. The smell was similar and my face heated up instantly.

It was definitely Chanyeol… maybe he heard me. Oh no… or maybe he didn’t! He was pretty far away as I was conversing with myself. Yeah!

“You seem to know the place better than I do” he smiled smugly, “will you please give me a tour, tour guide?”

My face heated up once more and I smacked his arm lightly. “Ahh! Shut up. Don’t speak of this to anyone, especially Myungsoo.”

“Why not? I’m sure he’d love to hear about an enthusiastic employee who is already practicing her job” he smiled sincerely and I shook my head. “Alright, I’ll keep my mouth shut.”

“Thank you” I smiled and he shook his head.

“On one condition though” he grinned slyly. I did not like where this was headed. “You must do as I say from now on.”

“Ah, isn’t that a bit too much? Can’t it just be for one week?” I pleaded, but he wouldn’t budge. He shook his head several times, his hair moving as his head did. “I’d rather you tell Myungsoo than have to go through this…”

“Alright” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders and began to walk to Myungsoo’s office at light speed. I tried to catch up but my short legs failed me.

“AH OKAY OKAY! Fine…” I finally gave in; I needed Chanyeol to spare me just this once. Myungsoo was way too handsome; I needed a clean slate in order to date him… if dating a boss was allowed. I’m sure it is in my case, since we are the same age. But then again, all the employees would think I’m trying to ride my way up to a promotion, which of course is not the case. Anyone would be able to tell that Myungsoo is a handsome boy from far away. Mature, intelligent, and responsible.

Chanyeol on the other hand… As I looked to my left, he had been fiddling with his fingers, deeply concentrated on whatever he was doing. I laughed and he snapped back into reality. “What the heck were you doing?” I continued to laugh and he smiled, putting his hand on the back of his neck.

“Ah… nothing, the kids should be here soon, right? I think we should go to Myungsoo’s office and pick up the materials we need in order to lead the children” Chanyeol suggested and I agreed. We began walking to his office, which wasn’t too far from the recreational area. As we walked in, a female figure had been sitting on his desk, talking to him i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter