XIV

Up and Away [UNFINISHED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚓ CHANYEOL’S POINT OF VIEW

Living with Minhee was actually really fun; her family is incredibly nice to my mom and me. We’ve been living here for three weeks now, but it’s as if we have been living here for months. Their hospitality means more to me than anything.

I sat out on the porch in the dark, expecting something to happen… but of course, it was all too late for that. The sun had already set and I was sitting by myself. I thought Minhee would be up late too, but she sleeps pretty early for a girl with such a personality. I guess that’s what probably takes all her energy… being so witty and bubbly all at the same time.

As I was packing all my belongings to head back into Minhee’s residence, a car pulled up onto the driveway, front lights bright enough to melt eyeballs out. It was my mom.

“Hi sweetheart!” she greeted as she slowly exited her car, “what are you doing out here so late? It’s almost midnight!”

“Hi mom” I walked over to her and proceeded to kiss her on the cheek, “I had a lot going on in my mind, I couldn’t quite get myself to fall asleep.”

“Aw, sorry sweetie, you probably inherited that from me, I have trouble sleeping too… which is why I try to keep myself busy during the day! What did you do today?” she smiled, walking up the driveway and to the porch where the hammock was placed. She felt around for the netted material and sat down, slowly, to make sure she didn’t misplace her bottom. She patted the open area next to her for me to sit on as well.

“Not much” I replied lazily as I took a seat next to her. “Just hung out with Minhee and the kids” I smiled at the thought of Leo holding Minhee’s hand… and all the kids following right behind her.

“I totally forgot you had a summer job… and that Minhee was your partner! Oh gosh, time flies by. She’s such a darling girl, isn’t she? Like… a daisy! Absolutely pure” my mom sounded more into Minhee than I was… “Say… I’m surprised she isn’t your girlfriend yet, honey. She’s pretty and intelligent, what’s the haps?” my mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter