XIII

Up and Away [UNFINISHED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We sat under the night sky, where all the stars gathered to shine over us.

It was a bit hard to ask him what was wrong seeing as though it was hard for him to talk.

We sat in complete silence.

The space between us was enough for people not to confuse us as a couple. Between us lay his sunglasses, lanyard, and wallet. His arms were outstretched behind him and he looked up at the sky, breathing in and out as time went by. It was unusual; whenever people came to my house to tell me about their problems, they always went about it in a querulous manner. I mean, I didn’t mind since their problems were just as important to me as they were to them. Chanyeol took a deep breath and decided to languidly slide his fingers across the driveway cement. He brought his knees up to his chest and leaned forward as his left cheek lay upon his knees. He was looking at me endearingly.

He looked so vulnerable in the moment. If I touched him, he would just crumble.

I had nothing to say to him, he still had yet to explain his injury. I just flashed a subtle smile while sitting with my legs crossed.

“Youknow” he slurred his words together before clearing his voice. “I’m glad to have a friend like you.” I didn’t exactly know how to react since no one has ever told me such a thing before. “I don’t know if you know this but I don’t have that many people I consider friends. You’re the only person I can go to whenever I feel anxious and lonely.”

I took a quick gaze at him and he was already looking at the house across the street from us.

“When you stopped talking to me, I was devastated and afraid that I had ruined our relationship” he admitted slowly, and finished confidently. “You…” he stopped. I didn’t feel the need to urge him to go on seeing as though we both knew where his sentence was headed.

“I feel the same way, Chanyeol” I thought aloud. “You’re a good guy, honestly and I know that you don’t have any bad intentions, it’s just not like you. Daehyun is my best friend, but he doesn’t quite get me like you do” I admitted honestly. Chanyeol refrained from smiling since it hurt him to do so.

“Thank you” he stretched his arms out and laid them right behind him once more. “You never cease to amaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter