IV

Up and Away [UNFINISHED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“LAUREN, PLEASE SIT DOWN” I cried, literally begging to a five year old.

“NO!” she screamed rebelliously, I had no choice but to sit down and think about how this girl actually has a hold on me.

“Please do it for oppa” Chanyeol walked over, Leo in his arms, sleeping like a baby.

“Okay” Lauren obeyed while she walked near his leg and latched onto it like a koala. Chanyeol laughed at this and walked over, lugging Lauren along. “I will obey oppa as long as he stays my prince!”

“Alright Lauren” Chanyeol extended his free arm, bent his knees, and patted her on the head. “You will always be my princess.”

“Then promise me in the future that you will marry me” Lauren smiled, and Chanyeol’s eyes widened at this.

“Aigoo, you’re still so young! You’re only five and you’re already speaking of marriage? I would love to marry you in the future, but I think by the time you’re 18 I will be old and wrinkly, and you won’t love me anymore. You don’t want that, do you?” Chanyeol asked innocently, Lauren shook her head. “I wouldn’t either. I will marry my queen over there” he pointed at me, “and you’ll marry someone like Leo” he smiled.

I looked at him, struggling to find words to say, but him being so charming around children has really put me on a spell. Of course I wasn’t falling for him, that’s just ridiculous. Chanyeol is still a kid himself, that’s why our group of kids love him so much.

“Unnie” Dayoung yawned as she slowly dragged her feet along, “I’m really tired…” She’s the only child who will ever love me and listen to me.

“Ah, is that so? You don’t even have the energy to walk properly, do you?” I asked and she shook her head, yawning again. “Alright, how about you let me take you to our home room and you can nap in there, how does that sound?” She lit up at this and extended her arms. I picked her up effortlessly and once she was in my arms, Yoogeun ran over to me as well. “Noona… I’m also tired, please pick me up!”

“But you ran over here, Yoogeun! Are you sure you’re tired?” I pestered; although Dayoung was light, I couldn’t lift another child even if I wanted to.

“Not really, I just want you to hold me” he smirked, and I shook my head.

“You’re lucky you’re cute! How about you hold my free hand and we’ll all walk together? Ah, speaking of all of us, where is Kyungsan?” I asked, turning my head around only to find Chanyeol handling Kyungsan as well. “Ah there he is.”

Yoogeun and I walked over briskly while Dayoung was asleep in my arm.

Each group had been assigned to five children and Chanyeol and I were lucky enough to receive the five cutest angels. I’m not saying the other groups had no cute children, they were all cute of course, but I was being a bit biased and automatically thought of my fabulous five as the superior children.

To be honest, Lauren is prettier than me. Her parents have placed her in several CFs, photo shoots, and much more. Frankly, I’m quite jealous. She’s really pretty for a five year old, model type and all.

Kyungsan was small and young, but he was quiet and easy to handle. Yoogeun was a bit of a flirt for such a young kid. Dayoung was just amazing to me, I could cry a million rivers because of her generosity, but Lauren already makes me cry a million rivers with her hostility. Last but definitely not least was Leo, the trouble maker. He cried when he didn’t get what he wanted, but he was mostly calm around Chanyeol; probably because Chanyeol reminded him of a father figure whereas I still looked puny and not so superior to him.

Regardless of their personalities, I liked each kid. As soon as we stepped into our homeroom, we laid the children into their sleeping bags, all different colors and patterns. Dayoung had already been asleep and the others fell asleep quickly after. The last to fall asleep was Kyungsan and as I tucked him in, he looked at me and smiled.

“Unnie, you’re very pretty” he complimented fluently, I laughed.

“Thank you” I replied, brushing my fingers across his face and through his soft hair.

“Where’s your king?” he asked innocently, I was confused and led astray.

“My… king?” I hesitantly asked, stuttering about. “Who’s my king?”

“He is” Kyungsan pointed at Chanyeol in the distance, reading to the rest of the children who are already fast asleep. “He told me you were his queen and he was your king! He said that we were all royalty, that’s our group name. Royalty! So the rest of us are princes and princesses…”

“Ah, yes, you’re correct” I remembered and laughed, “you’re definitely right. Ah my sweet prince, I will see you in a little while. Rest well and you’ll wake up to a great feast!”

“Is that so” he replied, giggling as Chanyeol came over. “I’ll be sleeping now, see you in a while!”

We both stood up from Kyungsan and as he had said, he fell asleep. I wish I could fall asleep as fast as the kids do… We made our footsteps as light as possible and turned off the bright lights, took one last glance at the dimly lit room, and walked out as quietly as possible. Once we closed the door, we both took a large sigh.

“Wow, that wasn’t as hard as the first time we put them to sleep…” I smiled, retying my tied hair.

“Yeah, they’ve become more comfortable around us. I remember the first time we met…” Chanyeol laughed as we walked down the halls. We looked inside each small window and through them were more groups, still trying to get their rambunctious children to fall asleep.

“I do too” I laughed along with him, reminiscing on the fun times we shared. On the very first day that we met, Lauren had been totally social, screaming at the top of her lungs and disobeying the two of us. Chanyeol somehow got a hold of her, I’m still managing. Leo had always been troublesome; he just toned dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter