XI

Up and Away [UNFINISHED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey” Chanyeol greeted sweetly, attempting to hide his smile. My hands were gripped on the hem of my shorts; I invited him inside. To be honest, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was only polite for me to invite him inside, and I could already smell my mom’s very fragrant lemonade being poured in the kitchen. As Chanyeol and I walked into the kitchen, my mom eyed me before awkwardly smiling at Chanyeol. She looked at me again and all I could do was shrug my shoulders. She walked over to the both of us, handing him a glass of her lemonade.

“So” she began, “you are…”

“Chanyeol” he answered while extending out his arm, “my name is Chanyeol. I’m a co-worker of your daughter’s.” My mom nodded her head while taking a sip of her lemonade herself.

“And you’re here because…” my face was heating up quickly, if my dad knew a boy other than Daehyun had came to visit, I would be dead by now. “What?”

“I came to speak to your daughter, if that’s alright with you. We have some matters to discuss that concern the children we are currently taking care of. Our boss assigned all of us a topic to talk about and we are to come back to work with a notepad full of ideas” he reached into his satchel and pulled out a notebook.

“Ah” my mom finally relaxed and smiled, “is that all? Well go on right ahead. If you guys need anything else, please feel free to ask.” We nodded our heads and headed to my room. He stood awkwardly outside my doorway as I quickly threw the scattered clothes on the floor into my even messier closet. I quickly arranged my desk so that it looked presentable and kicked whatever was left under my bed. I opened my door for Chanyeol to come in and he walked in gracefully. He stood awkwardly as I shut off my laptop. I sat on my chair and he was still standing.

“Oh… you can sit on my bed” I pointed in the direction of my bed and he walked over with light footsteps. “Um… Myungsoo never assigned us anything.”

“I know” Chanyeol smiled smugly while laying his notebook out on my bed and resting his satchel next to his feet. “I needed to talk to you and I needed some sort of excuse to get past your mom.”

“You could have texted me, you know that right?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “I think talking face to face is better.”

“Well, now that you’re in my room, what is it that you want to talk a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter