VII

Up and Away [UNFINISHED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚓ CHANYEOL’S POINT OF VIEW

There was no possible way I could tell her that I liked her. While we were at the park together, I tried my best to convince her that I didn’t… and somehow, it worked. I drove her all the way home and she smiled, thanking me for giving her a ride and disappeared quickly into her home. Her mom was already at the door, I waved at her and though she looked discontent with the fact that I took her daughter home, she smiled and waved goodbye back. Once I arrived at my front door steps, I received a text from her.

My mom says you’re fairly handsome… though she could barely see you. She said thank you for taking me home. She mistook you as my boyfriend… ㅋㅋㅋㅋ funny, right? Anyway, thank you, see you soon ^^

I stepped inside my house and my parents were arguing again, the minute I stepped inside, a beer bottle crashed against the wall near me.

“You stupid ing !” I heard my stepdad scream to my mom, he was quickly advancing toward her and I quickly ran over to him to prevent him from hurting her again. I grabbed a hold of his wrist and he looked incredibly furious. “Who the are you?”

“I’m your son” I replied bluntly and pushed him to the floor. “Mom, are you okay?”

“I’m fine honey, thank you” she smiled, trying not to cry.

“Just go to your room, I’ll handle this” I smiled reassuringly, but she refused. “Why not?”

“I can’t have my only son dealing with his alcoholic stepfather alone, I don’t know what I would do if I lost you…” she looked down, her hair covered her face and I looked down at my stepdad who was pretty much knocked out cold. I moved her hair out of the way and smiled again. “It’s alright mom, I can pretty much take him down anytime I want. After all, those taekwondo classes had a purpose, right? And besides, I’m literally almost a whole foot taller than him.”

She laughed and started to walk around, picking up everything my stepdad broke.

“Don’t” I walked over to her and stopped her, “Jihoo always drinks and drinks, but he never realizes what damage he causes because you always clean up after him and don’t tell him what he did the night before. He needs to see the damage he’s done to you.”

She sighs and picks up a broken framed picture of my father, my mother, me, and my younger brother. She begins to cry and I try to comfort her as much as possible.

“It’s okay mom,” I try to hold back tears as well.

I remember it all like it was just yesterday.

The story is really complicated, but both my baby brother and dad died in a car accident while my mom and I were safe at home, unaware of the situation until a close friend of ours informed us of the accident. My mom dropped everything she was doing, turned off the stove, picked me up, and we drove in her car as quickly as possible to the scene. My mom tried to go past the cautionary tape, but police held her back. She cried and screamed and they tried to calm her down, but she wouldn’t stop. I was in a state of confusion, but seeing my mom so sad made me want to cry with her… so I did. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter