XII

Up and Away [UNFINISHED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie” I was once again stirred from my sleep and woke up slowly, rising up as Dayoung shook my arm. “Unnie” she sang while Lauren chimed in. I rubbed the back of my head and gradually became aware of my surroundings. The kids were gathered around me and I was curious as to why there was only one supervisor around… aka me. “Chanyeol hyung went to go buy all of us ice cream since the weather exceeded 97 degrees Fahrenheit” Kyungsan simply stated as I was still in a daze. I nodded my head and got up.

“Why did you guys have to wake me up though?” I inquired as I grabbed a couple of juice pouches from the mini-fridge for the kids. I handed them out with grace as they all grabbed their juice pouches. Each of them finished within a minute and I was shocked since they usually take their time. “Why are you guys drinking so quickly?”

“Well, that’s why we woke you up! Chanyeol-oppa was taking way too long with the ice cream and we didn’t want to touch the fridge—well, none of us could reach it anyway—for drinks! We tried waking you up a few times before, but you laid as limp as a fish” Lauren complained while she threw her juice pouch away properly.

“Ah, is that so? I’m sorry. I’m a heavy sleeper. Next time, step on me” I suggested jokingly, but Lauren smiled ominously, hinting that she was going to take that suggestion very seriously. The kids began to walk in circles and followed each other while waiting for Chanyeol to bust into the room with a bunch of popsicles. We waited another five minutes and then gave up once we realized Chanyeol was probably never going to come back. “Sorry he broke his promise guys” I apologized for Chanyeol’s inconsistency and we began to walk through the halls. “I’ll get you all ice cream next time, promise.”

“Will you keep that promise?!” Leo shouted while stomping his feet and holding my hand tightly, I couldn’t help but to smile at the scene. Leo looked like a gentle lion.

“I promise.”

We walked into the multi-purpose room where all the kids were eating their snacks and all the older teenagers were performing songs on the stage.

“Noona~” Yoogeun sang while he was munching on perfectly diced apples, “those noonas and hyungs can sing very well… can you sing?”

“Ah” the noise slipped out of my mouth accidentally, “no, noona can’t sing well. I’m sorry.”

“I didn’t ask if you sang well” Yoogeun replied wittily, “I just asked if you could sing! I don’t care if you can sing well or not. I would like it if you went up there and sang for me, sang for us!” he smiled while pointing to the other kids. “Please! We didn’t get our ice cream today… it would be nice if we got SOMETHING special. Please!”

“What’s all the fuss about?” Lauren smiled smugly, assuming something bad was going to happen to me.

“I want Minhee to sing for us, you know, in place of the broken promise Chanyeol made with us!” Yoogeun told Lauren and a glint appeared in her eye suddenly… I was afraid of a child…

“Hm” she put her hand on her hip and looked at me carefully, “yeah, that would be nice. If you sing well, then it’ll make our group look 10x better… if you can’t, then at least you’ve embarrassed yourself.”

I was a bit confused as to how Lauren was raised, but she sure was sassy. Whether I liked it or not was to be determined in the nearby future. Before I knew it, all of my kids appeared in front of me and pestered me to go up on stage.

“Okay okay” I finally gave in once all of them attempted to push me up onto the stage. “I’ll sing… I just need a song.” Each kid pondered until the next act ended, and right when the last person on the roster finished singing, Myungsoo asked if there were any more people who wanted to sing.

“Last call for open mic, we’ll be closing i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter