Friendly Date

What Love Is About

"NO."

Jieun sighs as Hoya gives his answer to her. "Why? I'm going to finish my homework and my studies will not be affected oppa. This is the first time I'm asking a permission to go out, and you will not let me? You'll prefer me as Mary for my whole life, oppa?"

Hoya's eyes widen. " Mary? Jieun, what are you talking about!? You're not thinking about... about..."

"It's only a friendly date, oppa!" Hyuna sings. She bounces toward Hoya's work room. "Don't worry about her. She'll come back in one piece!" Hyuna winks at Jieun. "You owe me." She whispers.

Jieun nods. "Whatever. As long as I can go. I've said yes so I couldn't take it back."

Hyuna snorts. Who does Jieun want to lie to? We all know she can take it back if she doesn't like. She's just too stubborn to notice.

Hoya looks back and forth from Jieun to Hyuna. He rubs his temple. "No."

"Oppa!" Hyuna whines. "Jieun needs a life!... I mean, in relationship department." She coughs. "I know this guy who asks her out and I'll tell you everything about him so you don't have to worry!"

"No, Hyuna." Hoya is firm in his decision.

Hyuna and Jieun lock eyes and nod to each other.

"Oppa... Jieun finds this guy really, really interesting. And as the best friend who has seen this guy a lot, I assure you he's one fine piece!" She giggles. "He's really goodlooking and..."

"Hey! You're not supposed to say other guys goodlooking!" Hoya frowns.

Hyuna laughs and puts a finger between Hoya's ceased brows. "Okay, okay! But oppa, seriously, just let Jieun has a friendly date with Myungsoo. He's not bad. And, you can intimidate the boy first when he comes later!"

Hoya looks at Hyuna who has a big smile on her face. She is surely going to fight for Jieun's first try-out relationship and not going to give up. "Okay, okay. Fine. You can go, Jieun. BUT." He says sternly before the girls could high-five and dance around. "Ask Sungyeol's permission too."

Jieun's face immediately fell.

Hyuna pats her best friend's shoulder. "I can't help you with him." She murmurs, sighing.

 

 

 

 

Jieun can feels her jaw drop to the floor, literally, but her system is dancing with joy. "Seriously, oppa?" She asks, her voice shows her excitement.

"Yes. You can go." Sungyeol raises an eyebrow. "You want me to repeat it again, or take it back?"

Jieun shakes her head. "None will do." She says. "Thank you oppa!!! For not being as stubborn as Howon oppa!"

Sungyeol makes an insulted face. "Hey, you look that low to me? I'm nothing near that cold, stubborn, city boy." He says. 

Jieun giggles. "I know I know. You're the best!" 

Sungyeol grins. "Wait until he hears this."

Jieun shakes her head with a soft chuckle. 

"Well, then, off you go. I still have some paperwork to do. Go to bed early, okay?" Sungyeol advices, leading her to the door.

She hummed her reply, and off to her room while skipping happily.

"That girl is growing up." He sighs, suddenly feel old and tired. "I hope I make the right decision."

 

 

 

 

"You look pretty, Jieun." Hyuna comments as she brushes the other girl's hair. 

It is Saturday, which means Jieun's friendly date is going to be. "Don't I always look pretty?" Jieun flipped her hair cutely, making Hyuna laughed.

"Of course. But you're just not usually this...bright? I mean, you are bubbly at home, but school? You're almost like a geek if it wasn't for your look."

"Hmph. You make it sounded as if I looked extremely beautiful. If I was, I'd probably already beating Krystal as Miss Popular, you know."

"You can. The thing is, you just don't have the confidence she had. She's pretty, yes, but you're beautiful, Jieun. It's different. I'd be bored to see Krystal's face every day, but I won't when I see yours." Hyuna says, and Jieun rolls her eyes playfully.

"You're too much. You're trying to make me feel 'wow'."

Hyuna slaps Jieun's shoulder lightly. "See, you're very pessimist! Ugh, better done your hair quickly. He's coming."

Right after she says that, the house bell chimes and the girls shoots each other a shock look.

"Why does he come so fast?" Hyuna grumbles as she quickly brushes Jieun's hair to perfection.

Jieun looks at herself in the mirror hurriedly, wondering whether she looks good enough or not.

"You look good honey. Let's just hope your brother won't kill me." Hyuna smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

It was awkward as hell.

L shifts on his seat as if there are needles on the sofa. He looks down on the floor as he is being scrutinized by two older men. Sungjong has run off to fetch her sister down.

Tick. Tick.

"SO, you are Kim Myungsoo, huh?" Sungyeol asks, eyeing the younger man.

"Yes." L replies.

"Why do you like my sister?" Hoya bluntly asks.

Sungyeol rolls his eyes at his brother. "What the hell, hyung? We're supposed to torture him so everly slowly!" He hisses.

Hoya ignores Sungyeol and turns his attention back to L. "So? What's your answer?"

"I find her interesting." L replies. "I just want to know her more. If we're compatible, we may take a step forward. But if one of us doesn't feel so... we can just stay friends. I'm just attracted to her for now." L replies rather seriously. He wasn't a playboy or a heart charmer. He's only a teenage boy who attracts to a girl for the first time.

"Hmm." Hoya rubs his imaginary beard. "What if you break my sister's heart? As you can see, she's very well protected in the house."

"Well, I will not hurt her. I never intend to do so."

Before Hoya or Sungyeol can say another word, footsteps running downstair are heard.

*She's here. Finally. I don't think I can stand another minute with her brothers.* L thinks as he stands up gentlemanly.

Jieun shows up with a white tee shirt and soft brown satin shorts. Her hair was made into a bun, showing off her fair skin. L is rather awestruck to see her. The girl looked beautiful in her simple attire; given her slim figure and fair skin. L have seen a lot of pretty girls before with slim figure and fair skin, but the reason why Jieun attracts him is because she's different.

She doesn't necessarily show off her body like her life depends on it. She wears something simple and she looks nice already. She possess pureness that made him somewhat interested in her. His life had been somewhat dark, and seeing her lighten his life.

Jieun smiles at L shyly. The two brothers cringe seeing how their sister becoming a lady.

"You know what? Why don't you two go now?" Hyuna urges happily, linking her arm with Hoya's. "And more reason to come home earlier." She says to pacify Hoya who shoots her a look.

"Right." Sungyeol agrees. "Don't forget to buy me food, okay?"

Hoya rolls his eyes. "Don't cross the lines, okay?"

Jieun purses her lips. "Oppas!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been so long since the last time I'm updated, and I'm sorry. I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Forever Loving You

This Sick Love [M]