Friend

What Love Is About

It is night and the Lees + Hyuna are having dinner. They joke and tell about their day. After finishing their meal, the family disperse. Jieun and Hyuna go to the kitchen to wash the plates while Sungyeol and Hoya go upstair to the working room. Sungjong is left alone and decides to watch some movies.

"So," Hyuna starts as she puts on the apron. "I saw." She grins playfully, bumping her hips to Jieun's.

"Saw what?" Jieun asks, although she has a feeling she knows.

"Oh come on. Don't give me that innocent look." Hyuna whispers teasingly. "I was walking home when I saw a familiar blue motorbike pass by."

Jieun blushes. "So?"

"So?? You guys were having a war before and suddenly he dropped you off? Come on, sweetie, we both know that Kim Myungsoo didn't do that things." Hyuna chuckles. "And how come you didn't get home faster? School was done an hour before I got home." 

Jieun squirts the washing lemon smell liquid on the washcloth and drains it in water. "Well,, he might have stopped somewhere else before dropping me off."

Hyuna's eyes widen and they twinkle mischievously. "Seriously? Where?"

"He brought me to Craving Time cafe at Hongdae. He works there." Jieun replies.

"Oh?" Hyuna raises an eyebrow. *He works part-time jobs? But isn't he rich?* Hyuna thinks. She hears rumors about L despises his parents so much that he leaves his house. But he isn't poor too. Hyuna shruggs after a moment of thinking.

"Why?"

"Nothing." Hyuna says, drying the last plate. "Let's do our homework."

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Jieun and Hyuna go to school via Sungjong. He looks nervous and somewhat agitates whenever he talks to Hyuna, and it wonders Hyuna why. He is weird, yelling and stuttering everytime talking to her. It deeply annoys her, truthfully.

But being a patient person, or at least she tries to, she ignores his useless rants.

"Why does he keep annoying me?" Hyuna mumbles as she and Jieun go to her locker.

Jieun chuckles. "I don't know. I've never seen him this way truthfully." Jieun replies as she hugs her books close.

Hyuna slams her locker door with irritated sigh. "I know. That's why it's more annoying. Because nobody knows."

Another chuckle escapes Jieun's lips. 

"And you. How about you and your man?" Hyuna asks, turning the topic around.

"W-what? What my man?" Jieun asks, confused.

"Oh, don't give me that look. Your man, of course-oh look, there he is." Hyuna slaps Jieun's butts as she motions her to see forward.

There he is, L, standing in front of Jieun's class with hands in pocket, looking cold and emotionless as usual. The way he stands getting him stares and flirty eyes. But he stays impassive and stands still.

*What is he doing there?* Jieun thinks.

Hyuna nudges her rib. "He's waiting for you." She whispers and giggles as she makes her way to the class. She greets L first cheerfully and once she is inside the class, L's eyes found Jieun. 

He pushes himself off the wall and makes his way toward her. Eyes wide, she begins to panic like a chicken.

*He's coming! He's coming! Where is the covering wall when you need them?* She thinks and stays rigid on her spot.

"Hey." He calls out, finally stoping in front of her.

Jieun shyly looks at him. "Er... hi." 

"Are you okay? Your cheeks are red." He asks worriedly, unaware of the reason why.

"I'm fine!" She replies too fast.

"Oh. Great." L says. He then takes out something from his pocket. It is ticket.

"What is that?" Jieun asks.

"Movie ticket." He replies. "Uh... my friend gave me two free tickets. I... uh, was wondering if you'd like to come." He rubs the back of his neck coyly. It is unlike him to ask a girl out for a date, but he realizes that Jieun isn't just a normal girl. She's a special someone.

Jieun is surprised, but a small smile threaten to appear. "When?"

L looks up and his eyes widen. "You will come?"

"I don't know yet. When?" She repeats.

"This Sunday." He replies.

"Pick me up on eleven." Jieun says and a smile appears on L's face.

"Great." L grins. "Give me your number. I'll call you when I arrive."

Jieun gives him and they smile.

"This is a friendly date. Just as friend." L suddenly says.

Jieun stays smile. "I know. As friend."

"I'll see you later."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby, it's obvious he has something for you." Hyuna cooes as they pick some vegetables up to their trolly.

Jieun rolls her eyes. "Don't make up story. He doesn't have something for me." Jieun muttered, picking up brocolli and checking it first before putting it in the trolly.

"Well, if you say so." Hyuna giggles and takes a can bean. "You know, you should make something for him tomorrow. Says it's a thank-you gift for he gives you free ticket to the movie."

Jieun pinches her eyebrows. "You think he'll like it?"

"Oh, he will love it." Hyuna exaggeratingly says. "I'm supporting you two." She puts two thumbs up.

Jieun taps her chin thoughtfully. *Is that so? Should I make something for him?*

"Oh! Oh! Look! There's a sale over there!" Hyuna pulls Jieun to the meat-sale.

Jieun laughs as she follows.

Half an hour later they are waiting in line for paying the things they buy. Jieun pays for the groceries and they walk together to home.

"This is fun, you know." Hyuna starts the conversation again.

"What is?"

"This. We, together, walk around in the nice day." Hyuna says, stretching her limbs.

Jieun chuckles. "Yeah right." She chortled. "Hey, I think we should get going. Sungjong's going to whine all night if we don't go home now."

Hyuna wrinkles her nose. "I think something's wrong with him,"

"Really?"

"He yells and shouts at me without reason." Hyuna shakes her head. "He seems to be mad at me for everything that happens."

Jieun shruggs. "I don't know for sure. I think he's still probably kind of shy with you."

Hyuna snorts. "Excuse me? Yelling and shouting obviously not a shy type person."

"Well, I'll let you handle that by yourself." Jieun smiles. "Now, on three, whoever reaches the house first doesn't have to wash the dishes. Three, two, one!"

Then they run like mad people.