Saturday With Drama

What Love Is About

“I have a football practice today, Jieun,” Sungjong said. “Accompany me please~” He made what-called as aegyeo.

“I’ll be going now,” Sungyeol stated.

“It’s Saturday, Oppa, do you have any appointment?”

“Sadly, yes,” Sungyeol said, brushing his finger on Jieun’s hair.

The front door opened and Hoya walked in.

“Oh, Oppa,” Jieun called. “How is it?”

“What how?”

Jieun sneered at him. “The walked with Hyuna,”

Hoya gulped, “Nothing special,”

“Ey,” Jieun slapped his shoulder. “You know… Hyuna has something special for you…” Jieun, being innocent, spilled out the bean. “He likes you, you see…”

Hoya’s eyes widen. “MWO?”

“He really likes you, Oppa!” Jieun smiled.

Seeing her sister innocent smile somehow makes him felt so guilty. He just confronted a girl who happened to like him. He made up his mind and run out from the house, back to where he left Hyuna before.

“Where is he going?” Sungyeol asked, but the two younger shrugged their shoulder.

“So, Jieun, are you going with me?” Sungjong asked.

“…okay…” Jieun agreed.

“Sungjong,” Sungyeol said in threatening voice. “No party allowed after the practice done.”

“Ah, hyung!” Sungjong whined. “The party was for the victory our football team got. Why they make other party for practice?”

“Well, I can’t predict you.” Sungyeol said.

“Ey, hyung, have a trust on me,” Sungjong smiled in aegyeo.

Sungyeol backed away as he saw it. “Never. Did. That. Ever. Again.” He stated.

“Hyung~” The more his aegyeo on.

“I’m leaving!” Sungyeol said and leave the house.

“What are we going to do while waiting your time for practice?” Jieun asked.

“Let’s call my seniors in football team to come here!” Sungjong said.

“No way!” Jieun blurted out. “H-how could you asked boys to come?! I’ll be the only girl then!”

Sungjong thought about it. “Well, that was right.”

“Let’s just watch some old movies that we like.” Jieun says.

 

 

 

 

Hoya ran to the place where he left her, but no sign of her. Of course, he left her half-way, didn’t he? Depending on his determined heart, he walked more stepped and soon he reached a lowly apartment, with stairs outside the building and door in every floor the stair reached.

He was about to leave the place when he heard a fighting sound from the second floor and decided to take a look, based on his mind.

Hazily, he could heard loud and high-pitched sound inside the apartment.

Bravely he walked up to the stair and stop when he could clearly hear the voices.

“I’ve told you, I was sleeping at my friends’ house!” A girl shouted.

“Then where is the money?!” A drunken man’s voice heard.

“What money?! I am not selling my body!!! I was sleeping in my friends’ house, a girl!” The girl got angry and yelled.

“Then sell it!” He shouted.

“How many times do I need to tell you that I’m not going to do it?!” The girl yelled.

“Hah, if your mom looked at you, she would’ve been laughing at you!” He said.

“She is like that because of you, bastard!” The girl shouted.

“What did you say?!” The man opened the door.

Hoya startled.

“If you are not going to sell your body, you better take your feet out of the house!” He pulled her out and slapped her.

She fall on her knees and he kicked her stomach.

She groaned because it hurts her a lot. But it didn’t stop him from kicking her more and even punching her on her body.

Hoya was about to help, but the girl maintain to stood up by herself, and Hoya was shocked; she is Hyuna.

“STOP IT!” She shouted at the man’s face.

“Did you just yelled at me?!” He slapped her again. “How dare you?!” He kicked her on her knees.

Preventing any troubles, Hoya stepped out and hold the man’s hand.

“I don’t know who you are, but you better stop now.” Hoya coldly said, his looks give the cold aura with his gangsters-like style.

“Who are you, daring to stop me?!” He pushed Hoya but Hoya is a lot stronger. “She is my step-daughter, I can do anything to her!” He shouted.

Hoya gave a sudden punched on the man’s face.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” He shouted again.

Hoya gave him those icy glared and the man looked away.

“Omo!” A feminine voice heard, dropping her plastic bag which full of vegetables. “Yeobo, what happened?!” The woman slightly went to the drunken man and hold him in her arms. She looked up at the handsome young man, “Why were you punching my husband?” She asked, calming her voice. A lot of people watching.

Hoya just scoffed. “He deserves it.”

“Who are you, young man?”

“I’m just someone happened to pass by and heard them fighting.”

“Have you never learn not to interrupted people’s business, young man?” She asked sweetly.

“I have, but I just can’t stand looking at a girl slapped and kicked, right? It’s so not gentleman,” Hoya said.

That time, the woman realized Hyuna was there all the time. “You again,” The woman huffed. “How many times have you gotten us to problem, huh?” She glared at Hyuna.

“And when will you stop around?” Hyuna glared at her.

Hoya was quite impressed with Hyuna by now.

The woman slapped her. “You better not talk back to me, girl, and where were you last night?”

“I was sleeping in—“ She notices Hoya and decided not to say about friendship things with Jieun. “I was sleeping at my classmates’ house, a girl.”

Hoya looked at Hyuna and a guilty hit him right on his face.

“If you—“ The woman takes a deep breath. “No, I won’t let you have other chances, you will end up without listening to me.” Then she walked inside the house, and back with a bag of shirts. “Here, take all your stuff, your books and your school stuff are all there, you better go away from here because I don’t want to see your face anymore.”

Hyuna stunned for a moment. “O-“

“I’m not your mom anymore, remember that.” Then she walked inside the house.

The man grinned at Hyuna while walking inside, “Serve you right,” He whispered but she is able to hear it.

Hyuna took all her stuff from the floor without saying anything. She decided to pretend that she didn’t see him, who has been standing beside her all the time. She was ashamed to meet him in this state, not to mention after he cut strings between her and his sister. No way, he’s coming back for her, wasn’t he?

Hoya followed Hyuna silently.

After what for Hyuna is a long time, she turned and looked at him. He stopped his track and they gazed on each other.

“Stop following me,” Hyuna said.

“I’m not,” Hoya lied.

Hyuna scoffed and walked away.

“Fine, I was.” He caught up with her.

“Why?” Hyuna asked.

“Why what?” Hoya asked back.

“Why did you follow me?” She asked, feeling a bit irritated. She has been feeling a lot of emotion in one day.

“Because I worried?” He said with an unsure tone.

Hyuna scoffs. “You said not to be friends with Jieun already, which means I have no any relationship with you right? I’m not your sister’s friend, you no need to worry about stranger, don’t you?”

Hoya thought about. “You was her friend.”

“I don’t think I can be called ‘was her friend’.” Hyuna chuckles sarcastically. “She never acknowledge me as her friend, in fact. She has always been trying to show how lonely she was, and I, in the other hand, trying hard to friend with that ‘lonely’. I’m stupid, right? No one in this world would actually wants me… even those lonely people…” Her voice disappears with cold wind.

He wants to hug her, but he has no right too.

“You no need to feel pity for me. I’m used to this kind of feeling,” Hyuna says. “I have always acted like I’m so funny, so lively person, but I know I’m not,”

“Why do you tell me?” Hoya asks.

Hyuna thought before answering, “Right, why on earth do I tell you?” Then she walks away.

“Do you have any place to stay?”

Hyuna stops her track for a moment before continue walking, without looking back.

“Where are you going with that wound?” He asks, stopping her.

“Hoya-ssi,” Hyuna says, yanking her arm. “Stop acting nice to me. I do not want it,”

“Who said I was acting nice?” He asks and carries her.

“Put me down, now, Mister!” Hyuna threatens. “Or I’ll shout.”

“And I’ll tell them that we are a fighting couple!”

She shuts and slowly blushes.

“Ahem,” Hoya clears his throat. “I said it so that you won’t shout.”

Hyuna bits her lips. This is bad. She thought. “Put me down,”

“But follow me,” Hoya offers.

“Why should I follow you?”

“Because I want to treat your wound,” Hoya says.

“Well, I don’t need your help.”

Hoya rolls his eyes. “A second ago you were blushing.”

“I’ll follow you,” Hyuna says when he puts her down.

“Great, because you better do,”

Hyuna follows him silently.

Suddenly he grabs her hand. “To make sure you’re there.”

Hyuna lets out a breath and smiles. Even though this won’t last, but this moments is worth to remember…