The Two Idiots

What Love Is About

“What is it, Sungjong?” Jieun asked.

Sungjong come by to her class to talk at lunch.

“I have tickets to watch our football games this Saturday.” Sungjong said sheepishly.

“So?” Jieun asked again, pretending that she isn’t interested.

“That kind of attitude means she is really interested to go,” Hyuna said, putting down her bento. “Here, yours bento.” She said, putting down two other bento. “I’m thankful because you guys let me stay in your house, so, I made breakfast and lunch to school,”

“Are you sure your food could be eaten?” Sungjong mocks.

“If you don’t try how could you find out?” Hyuna spat.

“How many tickets you have?” Jieun asked.

“Two.” Sungjong replied. “Arasso, arasso, I know what you mean.” He said as he saw Jieun’s face. “Would you go to, Hyuna?”

“Gladly,” Hyuna said as she took the ticket.

“Actually, I bought two purposely. For you and her.” Sungjong rubbed the back of his neck.

Jieun smiled silently, her brother must be felt so shy because he just bought something for the girl he doesn’t like. Well, in this case, he should be friend with Hyuna no matter what.

“Thank you,” Hyuna said genuinely. “Anyway, let’s start eating. I’m really hungry!”

While they were eating, suddenly two guys burst into the class, making the girls screaming outside.

“What is it?” Jieun looked up as she surprised because of the screaming.

“Oh, Sungjong!” Woohyun greeted as he pulled a chair and sit beside Sungjong.

L, in the other hand, keeps standing and rubbing his neck repeatedly, not knowing what to do. “Let’s go,” He whispered to Woohyun.

“Yah, take a seat!” Woohyun said, pulling another chair and forced L to sit between him and Jieun.

“Hyung!” Sungjong shouted, surprised to see his seniors.

“We are here to asked you guys eat. But apparently you guys are eating.” Woohyun said and spotted Hyuna who is still eating, “Who are you?”

“Kim Hyuna,” Hyuna replied shyly.

“Not bad.” Woohyun gave his charming smile out.

Sungjong who sees it suddenly felt jealous. “Yah!”

“Oh, is he your girlfriend, Sungjong?” Woohyun asked.

“A-ania.” Sungjong answered, munching his food.

“Ah, Jieun-ah, I have to go somewhere! Are you okay at here alone?” Hyuna asked. “Well, I mean, you’re alone here, a girl.” She emphasized the word ‘girl’.

“Sungjong is here,” Jieun looked at Hyuna weirdly.

“That’s true, but I don’t really trust him…” Hyuna mumbled.

“Yah!” Sungjong shouted.

“Anyway, I have to go now!” Hyuna said, running out from the class.

“Where is she going?” Jieun asked, but no one answered him.

“I don’t care.” Sungjong said.

“Omo!” Jieun exclaimed. “She just said it without thinking and you’re being sulky?” Jieun shook her head in disbelief.

“Jieun-ah, which side are you being?” He asked.

“Sungjong-ah, I am not siding anyone.” She said, take a spoon of rice and eat it.

“Tsk.” Sungjong mumbled and walked out from the class.

“What’s wrong with him?” Jieun asked angrily.

“I’ll ask him,” Woohyun said and left her with L.

L sunk on her chair, not having any conversation with her to start with. The last time they met were a bit awkward. Preventing any awkwardness, Jieun kept munching food until there’s nothing left.

“It’s so awkward…” Jieun mumbled.

“Is there anything you want to talk about?” L asked, cannot stand the quietness between them.

“Nope.” She simply answered. “I’m not sure what to talk with you…”

“Tell me about you, then.” He said.

“N-ne?” She narrowed her eyes on him. “Why should I tell you about me? You aren’t interested in me, are you?” She suddenly asked.

He glared at her and she blushed.

She doesn’t know she just asked that question! “Forget about it. I-I wasn’t in my right mind when I asked it.”

“Ania, I will answer that.” He said, turning his head to look at her. “If I say I’m interested in you, what is your reply?”

“Mwo?” She turned to him and their faces are only inches apart, but that didn’t stop her from asking, “What do you mean?”

He stared at her in a moment before replied, “Forget I said it.”

How can I forget it, stupid?

Jieun turned her head to look at another directions.

“Let’s go home together today,” L said, looking other direction.

“Who are you talking to?” Jieun asked, glaring at him.

“Don’t you hear me?” He asked, biting his lower lips in agitation.

She scoffed, “Who were you asking?”

He exploded, “You! You!” He pointed at her, standing up.

“Can’t you talk softly?” She glared at him.

“Forget it. Just pretend I didn’t say anything.” He said, waving his hand, telling her not to think about it.

“If you planned to tell me forget everything, then don’t start it.” She muttered sulkily.

“Aish,” He muttered as he looked away again.

Jieun stood up and walked out from the classroom. “Such a guy,” Jieun mumbled annoyingly.