Misunderstanding

What Love Is About

It was night and the Lees have taken their bath, including the new family, Kim Hyuna.

Hyuna and Jieun prepared the meal for the night and told the boys not to step closer to the kitchen, because they are going to cook something secret and want it to be a surprise.

“What are they cooking?” Sungjong asked agitatedly. He is so hungry that he wants to eat quickly. But the two girls didn’t let him too.

Hoya shrugged while Sungyeol was reading the newspaper.

“How’s school?” Hoya asked, breaking the silence.

“Not bad.” Sungjong replied shortly, rubbing his stomach.

“How’s work, hyung?” Hoya asked Sungyeol.

“Not bad.” Sungyeol replied shortly, flipping through pages. “There’s no good news.”

“OPPAS!” Jieun’s loud voice never fail to make her brothers jump and they quickly went to the dining room. “Food is ready.”

The brothers look at the food she and Hyuna made, and totally drooling. The food looks and its smell are so good that they didn’t think twice before sitting and munching the food.

“Told you they’ll like it.” Hyuna grinned.

“Let’s eat too.” Jieun smiles and takes a seat beside Sungjong as Hyuna takes a seat beside Hoya.

The night were spent talking and laughing… like a family.

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun was walking around the Hongdae Street alone. Hyuna’s birthday is few days later, and Jieun wants to make surprise for her.

Well, maybe surprise is too much for her to handle, so she decided to buy gift. The cake will be bought at the birthday day.

Looking around, none of the things that attracted her.

First of all, she doesn’t know whether Hyuna likes accessories or not. Second of all, what does Hyuna like? Man… she should’ve asked Hyuna before going out from house. And not to mention she comes all the way to Hongdae Street, which is quite far from her house.

That’s all because she wants to buy the things without fear being caught by anyone she knows. Okay, maybe how she describe it was a bit extreme, but well, she doesn’t want anyone to caught her.

Her eyes caught a glimpse of something shining.

“Whoa~” She squealed as she walked nearer to the things. “Ahjumma! How much is this necklace?” The necklace has nothing special with it. It just craved with “H” and—well, you know.

After buying the necklace, Jieun walked around again to buy something to eat.

Gee~Gee~Gee~Gee~Gee

Jieun took out her phone and received the call after seeing the caller ID.

“Where are you?!”

Her lovely brother, Sungyeol voice, almost crack her ear. “Out in Hongdae Street.”

She has bought the gift, so it’s okay being caught now.

“What are you doing there?”

“Having my time alone,” Jieun replied.

“I’ll go there now. Wait me at ‘Craving Time’ café.” Sungyeol demanded as he hung up.

Jieun looked at her phone with what the-face. Her brother demanded her to go where? She never hear that kind of café!

Nevertheless, she walked around to find the café.

“Excuse me,” She asked the passerby, “Do you know where is Craving Time café is?”

“Craving Time café…?” The passerby,  a girl, looked at Jieun suspiciously. “What is your purpose there?”

Jieun furrowed her eyebrows. “…I…my brother told me to go there and—the thing is, do you know where is it?”

The girl scoffed, “There,” She pointed a brown painted café, with green veil covering the front of it, a bit.

Jieun said thanks and walked to the place quickly. She almost spend fifteen minutes walking around, looking for the café and if her brother comes driving car, he should’ve reached the place in no time.

“Huff~” She breathed.

“What are you doing here?”

The cold yet curious voice hit her ear. She looked up and saw Myungsoo, or L, wearing the café’s uniform and is taking our rubbish.

“I…”

“Jieun!” Sungyeol’s voice come to her in second, and she flustered to see her brother coming out from his car.

“So you are waiting for your boyfriend.” Myungsoo muttered under his breath but she heard it.

“He’s not…”

Sungyeol hugged her and cut off her words. “Jieun, do not walk anywhere else alone,” He said firmly.

“Oppa!” Jieun whined. “I’m not a kid anymore!”

Myungsoo has left them, so he doesn’t see their interaction.

“Let’s eat,” Sungyeol suggested. He pushed Jieun inside the café and sit at the seat for two people.

“What do you want to order?” The waitress asked, and winked at Sungyeol before leaving the table.

“Oppa,” Jieun glared at her brother who winked back at the waitress. “You know it’s not good to do that. People will think you’re playboy.”

“Bleh.” He scoffed. “I don’t have girlfriend.”

“Because you don’t want to settle down with one.” She wrinkled her nose.

“Let’s just have cakes?” He sheepishly smiled as he pushed the café’s door opened and led her in.

Myungsoo looked at the customers that just walked in. He furrowed his eyebrows in curious because he felt wrong seeing her with another guy.

Jieun and Sungyeol sat on a table and Myungsoo came to ask for their order.

“May I take your order?” He asked politely, though he wants to scream.

“Oh, yes. We would like having strawberry and cheese cake, and coffee. Also hot chocolate.” Sungyeol ordered.

Jieun gulped and bit down her lips nervously. What the heck? Why should I even be nervous right now?

Myungsoo nodded and tried to catch her eyes, but she looked down on the table, tapping her fingers nervously. He left the table and took the order. He put it down hardly and made a sound. He left without saying anything.

“That’s rude.” Sungyeol commented, not really pleased with Myungsoo’s attitude. “Do you know him?”

Jieun kept silent. She doesn’t know what to answer. She could’ve just said, ‘he’s a friend but we don’t really talk’ but she gets her tounge-tied.

At last, Sungyeol decided to call it a night and go home with Jieun, after buying a tiramisu home.