Stupid Fight

What Love Is About

School came the next day; which means another day of uneventful day for Jieun. She has been thinking a lot about Myungsoo after their last encounter, and really wanted to ask why he was acting like that. But come one, Jieun isn’t really one when it comes to courage.

Lunchtime comes and Jieun with Hyuna go to the cafeteria. They sat with Sungjong, and somehow ends up together with Myungsoo and Woohyun.

An awkward tension filled the table and Hyuna immediately knows something is off.

“Anyone wants drinks?” Hyuna asks. “I’ll buy it with Sungjong.”

“Yah!” Sungjong immediately refuses.

Hyuna tugs his arm forcefully. “Don’t say no.” Hyuna says through gritted teeth. “And Woohyun oppa, can you help me too?” Hyuna knows something is off between Myungsoo and Jieun.

Jieun and Myungsoo are left alone and they don’t talk at all.

AWKWARD MOMENT…

“How are you?” She finally braves herself and asks him.

Myungsoo looks surprise but straighten himself as quick as possible before answering, “Fine.” He sounds a bit harsh and he doesn’t mean to. It’s just the moment at Hongdae Street keep replaying in his mind.

Jieun huffs in slight annoyance. So much for being polite…

“How are you?” Myungsoo asks back.

“Fine.” She replies in monotone voice.

Myungsoo grunted in displeasure. How rude of her. He thought as he sullenly crossed his arms in front of his chest. For a moment they were quiet. Both were trying to figure out what’s wrong and in the end, they were just silence.

He grunts again and abruptly stands up. If they aren’t talking, there’s no need to sit down and ignore each other. He better leaves.

He spins around, but halts when she asks, “Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving of course.” He huffed.

“Why are you mad?” She asks again.

*Oh now we’re back talking?* He rolls his eyes. Yet, he turns around and sits back down. “I’m not angry.”

“Yes, you are. I could tell.”

“Well, great of you, Ms. Cullen.” He snarls.

“Why are you being such a jerk?” She couldn’t help but hints annoyance when she talks to him.

“Oh now I’m being a jerk?” He rolls his eyes again.

“What is wrong with you!?” She stands up, glowering at him.

“I DON’T KNOW!” He shouts back.

They are panting by the time Hyuna comes back with the two other boys. Their eyes widen at the scene and Hyuna immediately regrets on leaving them alone.

“Jieun!” Hyuna runs over to her friend and pulls her away from where she is standing. “What’s wrong?”

“Why don’t you ask him?” Jieun menacingly replies as both Hyuna and Sungjong gasp.

Is this the Jieun they know??

"What's wrong?" Woohyun asks L.

He only huffs in annoyance. "I don't know. I think she hits her head or something." And he left the classroom.

"Yah!!!" Jieun shouts at him, planning to go after him, but is held back by Hyuna.

 

 

 

 

 

School is finally over and Jieun walks out from her classroom sulkily. She still doesn't understand why was L being that way toward her. What has she done wrong? And why is a small stupid fight getting into her nerves more than necessary?

She kicks the feeble in front of her annoyedly as she waits for Sungjong at the school gates. Hyuna has some errands to do; from today onwards she will start her part-time job. Jieun will be really glad to work together, but Hoya and Sungyeol give her a long lecture about how she should just stay at home and doesn't work.T

Those two overprotecive brothers.

Sungjong doesn't come out even though it has already one o'clock. *Where is him?* She thinks irritatedly, today has been rather annoying to her.

After five-minute long, her phone finally vibrates. She pulls out and taps the screen impatiently.

Hey, twinsss!! I'm sorry! I forget that I haven't done my art and my teacher locks me in the art class until I finish the work! Do you want to wait for me or get on the bus?

Jieun sighs. She has quite a lot homeworks waiting at home, so she won't be waiting for him.

I'll be going home. Do your work and don't fool around.

She puts back the phone to her pocket. She walks slowly on the pavement when suddenly a motorbike passes by her and halts a few meters away from her. The owner of the bike hops down and takes off his black and blue shiny helmet.

Jieun scoffs. There, a few metres away from her, stands L with his cocky expression. He snaps his head toward her and waves his helmet.

"Want a lift?"

*What's wrong with him? A moment before he was mad at me. Is he a bipolar?* Jieun thinks as she pretends she doesn't see him. It annoys her to see how two-faces he is.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." L stops her by suddenly walks in front of her.

She keeps on walking so that he walks backward.

"Hey." He waves his hand in front of her face but she doesn't even bat an eyelashes. "Are you angry?"

Jieun looks forward emotionlessly.

"Lee Jieun." He calls out and she finally halts.

"What do you want?"

"I want to say sorry." He sighs. "I was being a jerk. I was mad at you for nothing. I don't know what's wrong. It's just... awkward you know. I want to know you more, but you're very reserved and I... I wasn't that good in talking to someone." He rubs the back of his neck.

She blinks at him. Awww, he is so cute right at that moment!

"But why were you mad anyway?"

"I don't know. Yesterday when I saw you with your boyfriend--" Jieun cuts him off, "Boyfriend? What boyfriend?"

"The guy who came with you to Craving Time cafe yesterday. He was your boyfriend, wasn't he?"

Jieun laughs. "What are you talking about? That was my brother. My second one."

L's mind stops immediately. "Your brother?"

"Yes." Jieun smiles. The misunderstanding is cleared now.

He sheepishly smiles. "Great then." He mumbled, that only he could hear. Then he snaps out of his daze when Jieun waves her hand in front of him.

With blushing cheeks, she asks, "What about the offer?"