다섯

Forget Me, Remember You
"How do you know that daddy? You know her don't you daddy? If you know her, you must know how I lost my memory right?" Tiffany asked her father coldly.

 

  Mr. Hwang was speechless. He did not know how to reply to his daughter's question.

 

  Taeyeon did not know why she was so afraid of Mr. Hwang. She was also curious why Mr. Hwang hated her so much. Taeyeon had never done anything wrong to him.

 

  "Why can't you answer my question daddy? You know something right?" Tiffany glared at her father.

 

  "Her father," Mr. Hwang pointed at Taeyeon. "He killed your mother."

 

  Taeyeon froze at her spot. She knew that was true but why was Mr. Hwang bringing the topic up? Even Tiffany knew that Mr. Kim actually killed her mother. After much thinking, Taeyeon finally realized why Mr. Hwang was bringing the past up. Taeyeon knew that Tiffany loved her mother a lot and knowing that Tiffany did not remember anything, Mr. Hwang was actually taking advantage of his own daughter.

 

  Damn, he's trying to break us apart again.

 

  Tiffany dropped her cold mask. She could not believe what she had just heard. "W-What?" her voice was barely audible.

 

  "You heard me Stephanie. Her father killed your mother. Now do you know why I don't like you being with her?" Mr. Hwang said, faking his sadness.

 

  Tiffany turned to Taeyeon. She had a hurt look on her face and Taeyeon felt her chest tightened. The latter felt like it was her fault for making Tiffany hurt. She wished she could comfort Tiffany but she knew she could not. Tiffany could not remember anything at all.

 

  "It's true my father killed your mother in an accident but I've never liked him. He killed my mother too. You know this too Tiffany. Please, all I want is for you to regain your memory back. You'll understand everything if you remember," Taeyeon spoke up. "I can't live without you Fany ah."

 

  Tiffany shook her head. "I want you to leave now. "

 

  Mr. Hwang smirked. He had successfully brainwashed his daughter again. Taeyeon clearly saw the smirk and clenched her fists.

 

  "Didn't you hear what I said? Leave!" Tiffany screamed. She was trying hard not to break down.

 

  "I'm sorry that my father killed your mother. I'll never show up in front of you again. I had fun while it lasted," Taeyeon said sadly. She gave Tiffany a small smile before she left the apartment. At the same time, Mr. Hwang grabbed his items and left as well.

 

  After the both of them had left, Tiffany broke down.

 

  Why are all of this happening to me? Nichkhun left me, Taeyeon's father was the cause of my mother's death and...I lost a friend...someone who had so much memories with me...

 

  Tiffany was starting to regret screaming at Taeyeon. The latter was the only way she could maybe regain her memory. If Jessica knew Taeyeon, then she must know Taeyeon as well. Other than that, Jessica even stated that Taeyeon used to be Tiffany's girlfriend.

 

  What have I done?

 

  Taeyeon was back at her apartment, coiled up in her bed. She did not hate Tiffany for screaming at her. She would have done the same as well if she found out that one of her closest friend's father had killed her own parents. Taeyeon could only not understand why Mr. Hwang really hated her so much other than the reason that her father had killed his wife. Her phone rang out of the sudden and Taeyeon groaned. She reached out for her phone and when she saw who the caller was, she wondered why the person was calling her.

 

  "What do you want Jessica?" Taeyeon said in an annoyed tone.

 

  "Is that a way to treat an old friend?" Jessica said coldly.

 

  Taeyeon could imagine Jessica's icy glare and gulped. "S-Sorry. I've been thinking a lot lately," Taeyeon stuttered.

 

  "It's about Tiffany right?"

 

  "Yeah. Her father came to visit her just now and you know that Tiffany does not remember me so he told her about how her mother died. I bet Tiffany hates me now."

 

  Jessica sighed. "I am sure she doesn't hate you Tae. She just couldn't accept that your father killed her mother. She's taking her anger out on you instead of your father."

 

  "What should I do now? Continue to fight for her or just forget about her and move on?"

 

  "I have no rights to say anything about this. It's your choice. All I want is for you two to be like you two used to be. I miss hanging out with you guys."

 

  Taeyeon smiled at the statement. "I miss the moments too Sica. I won't give up on Tiffany. I'll make sure everything is going to be how it used to be."

 

"Taeyeon hwaiting!"

 

Taeyeon ended the call. She felt a new hope and was determined to make Tiffany remember again and then make Tiffany hers once again. She was about to fall asleep when her doorbell rang this time. Taeyeon groaned and walked to the front door. She was surprised when someone all of the sudden hugged her.

 

"I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to scream at you." Taeyeon calmed down when she recognized the voice.

 

"It's alright. I would have done the same as well," Taeyeon whispered.

 

"I want you to promise me something," Tiffany muttered. Taeyeon saw that Tiffany's eyes were red and sighed softly.

 

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Don't ever leave me. You're the only person and Jessica who can help me remember," Tiffany said seriously.

 

"I promise I will never leave you. I'll never let you go this time."

 

"Thank you so much Taeyeon. Can I stay with you for the night?"

 

"Sure, be my guest."

 

The both of them went to Taeyeon's room and they were wrapped in each other's arms on bed. Tiffany did not know why but it felt right to her for some reasons.

 

I don't know why but you make me feel weird in a good way.

 

"Goodnight Taeyeon."

 

Tiffany could see Taeyeon smiled slightly and fell asleep in Taeyeon's embrace. It had been a long time since Tiffany felt safe in someone's arms.