Forget Me, Remember You

Tiffany was at her father’s place with Nichkhun. Her father had invited the both of them for dinner and Tiffany had no choice but to follow her father’s order. She did not want to see her father actually but Nichkhun made her stating that the dinner might be important.

 

“I’m glad the both of you are here. How’s your company Nichkhun?” Mr. Hwang asked.

 

Nichkhun smiled at Mr. Hwang and answered, “It’s going great with your help, Uncle.”

 

Tiffany was not interested with the conversation at all. Instead she was thinking of a certain someone. Yes, she broke up with Taeyeon but she was forced to. She was threatened that if she did not break up with the older girl, someone would kill the latter. Tiffany did not want to break up with Taeyeon at all. They had even planned about marriage but sadly, Tiffany had to cut off their relationship. She was feeling as hurt as Taeyeon was.

 

“Tiffany, are you okay?” Nichkhun asked as he noticed that his girlfriend was playing with her food.

 

Tiffany nodded her head and faked a smile. Nichkhun knew that the smile was fake but he shrugged it off. He knew that Tiffany’s heart was still with Taeyeon but he did not mind. He was determined he could win Tiffany’s heart.

 

“I told you so Stephanie. Nichkhun is much better than that poor girl. He can treat you better than her,” Mr. Hwang said with a happy smile.

 

Tiffany felt her blood boiling. How could her father compare Taeyeon to Nichkhun? She loved Taeyeon more than Nichkhun. Her heart clenched when she thought about Taeyeon. She could not forgive herself for hurting the older girl.

 

“Are you listening to me Stephanie? Are you thinking of that girl?” Mr. Hwang asked with hint of disgust in his tone.

 

“So what if I’m thinking of her? I love her. I don’t care if her father killed my mother. It wasn’t her fault but her father’s. Why can’t you just let me be with her? It’s already been nine years since we’ve been dating,” Tiffany replied angrily.

 

“I just want what’s best for you. She can’t buy you a house or a diamond ring. She’s just a country girl,” Mr. Hwang said. He was starting to lose his patience.

 

“So be it. What matters most is that I love her and she loves me back. Isn’t that how you and mum fall for each other?” Tiffany challenged her father.

 

“Tiff, that’s enough,” Nichkhun tried to stop Tiffany.

 

“Don’t drag your dead mother into the conversation. If I don’t allow you to be with that girl, don’t be with her. You’re only going to bring me shame if you continue being with her. I wouldn’t know where to put my face if you choose to marry her,” Mr. Hwang said coldly.

 

“You know what. I don’t care anymore. I’m going to be with her no matter what. You can’t stop me this time,” Tiffany said and stood up from the dining table. Nichkhun held onto her hand but Tiffany yanked her hand away. “Don’t stop me Nichkhun. I don’t even like you.”

 

“You’re choosing the wrong decision Stephanie,” Mr. Hwang warned his daughter. He pulled out his phone and called someone.

 

Tiffany abruptly woke up. She thought back about the dream which turned out to be part of her memory and groaned. I could have found out how I lost my memory if I didn’t wake up, thought Tiffany as she sighed. Wait. Tiffany turned to her left. Where’s Taeyeon?

 

The American girl went to the living room as soon as she did not see Taeyeon and spotted a pink note on the table. She unfolded the paper and her eyebrows furrowed as she read the note.

 

I’ll be out for a while. There’s something important I have to do. You have work today right? Focus on your work alright? Don’t worry about me. Love you <3 – TaeTae

 

Tiffany did not feel at ease when she read the note. She felt like something bad was going to happen to Taeyeon. However, Taeyeon told her not to worry and so, she followed the note. Tiffany got ready and left the house for work.

 

**

 

Taeyeon stared at the house in front of her. She was feeling nervous and wanted to back out but it was her final chance to know the real reason. She wanted to hear it directly from Mr. Hwang how Tiffany had lost her memory.

 

 It’s now or never. I’m doing this for Tiffany’s sake.

 

Taeyeon pressed the doorbell and heard a female’s voice. “This is Hwang’s residence. How may I assist you?” asked the maid.

 

“Err… I’m Taeyeon and I’m here to see Mr. Hwang. I have something important to discuss with him,” Taeyeon replied. The gate unlocked and the maid, around Taeyeon’s age, appeared in front of Taeyeon.

 

“I am Sunny. I will lead you to Mr. Hwang’s study room,” the maid said and led Taeyeon into the house.

 

Sunny knocked onto Mr. Hwang’s room and said in a loud voice, “Mr. Hwang, you have a guest.”

 

“Let whoever it is in. The door is unlocked,” a reply from Mr. Hwang could be heard.

 

“I will leave now. Do you want any drinks Miss Taeyeon?” Sunny asked after she bowed to Taeyeon.

 

“No thanks. I will be alright from here,” Taeyeon replied. “Thank you for leading me to Mr. Hwang’s room.”

 

Sunny bowed to Taeyeon once more and left the scene. Taeyeon took a few breaths in and out before she opened the door.

 

Is this the right choice? What made me think I can face Tiffany’s father on my own? I’m doing this for Tiffany’s sake though…

 

 She saw that Mr. Hwang was doing some paperwork and thought that she came at the wrong timing. She was about to leave when Mr. Hwang asked, “Who is it and what do you want?”

 

There’s no turning back now. I need to know the truth too.

 

“It’s me Kim Taeyeon. I want to know how Tiffany lost her memory.”


A/N: Woots~ A cliffhanger >:)

 

Preview:

 

"What do you mean you don't know what happened to Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked Mr. Hwang angrily.

 

Mr. Hwang sighed and said, "You don't really know how to give up don't you? You won't leave unless you have the answers."

 

Taeyeon was slowly losing her patience. She knew Mr. Hwang knew something and she was not going to give up until she found out what Mr. Hwang had been hiding from his daughter and why he was doing so.