Forget Me, Remember You

Taeyeon and Tiffany were in the haunted house and Tiffany was holding onto the older girl's hand tightly. Taeyeon had a big grin on and she was happy that the place was dark so that Tiffany could not see her expression. Tiffany on the other hand did not feel really scared when she held onto Taeyeon's hand. She felt safe. A scary clown suddenly popped out of nowhere and Tiffany screamed. It had been the nth time Taeyeon went to the haunted house so she was scared at all.

 

"C-can we get out n-now?" Tiffany asked, her face turning pale.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and answered with a no while shaking her head. Tiffany pouted. "You're so mean!" she said.

 

"I'm with you. There's nothing to be afraid of," Taeyeon said and held onto Tiffany's hand firmly.

 

"Promise you won't let go," Tiffany said.

 

"Why would I let you go?" Taeyeon asked. 'I'll never let you go.'

 

Trusting Taeyeon, the two continued walking inside the haunted house.

 

After walking around the amusement park for another hour, the two of them were seated on a bench somewhere near Han River. Neither of them talked as they were not sure what to talk about to each other. They were not even looking at each other.

 

Taeyeon finally gained the courage to take a glance at Tiffany and was shocked when she saw that Tiffany had turned to face her as well. Taeyeon quickly turned around, her face turning red. Tiffany tilted her head. She was not sure why the older girl turned her head all of the sudden.

 

"Are you alright Taeyeon ssi?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Y-yeah," Taeyeon replied, still not facing Tiffany.

 

Tiffany shrugged and leaned on Taeyeon's shoulder which shocked the older girl once more. Tiffany felt Taeyeon tensed and once again asked Taeyeon whether she was alright again.

 

"I'm alright. I'm just...unwell," Taeyeon lied.

 

Unconvinced, Tiffany put the back of her hand on Taeyeon's forehead. "You're not feeling warm at all. Are you sure you're unwell, Taeyeon ssi?" Tiffany asked with a pout.

 

"Can we like get rid of the formalities? It's quite uncomfortable since we're of the same age," Taeyeon changed the subject and finally looked at Tiffany.

 

"Sure! I've been wanting to ask but was shy," Tiffany answered with a shade of pink on her cheeks while showing her eye smile as well. Taeyeon felt her heart skip a beat and unconsciously, she had a smile on her lips.

 

"Did you have fun today? I know I did," Taeyeon said as she looked at the sun setting.

 

"It's been awhile since I had lots of fun like this. I really appreciate what you have done," Tiffany said and rested her head on Taeyeon's shoulder once again.

 

'She still doesn't remember anything,' Taeyeon thought sadly.

 

'What am I feeling? It feels so weird,' Tiffany thought.

 

"We should get home now. It's getting late," Taeyeon stated and stood up. Tiffany stood up as well and held onto Taeyeon's hand. The latter did not know how much more the younger girl would shock her. She felt like she could die with Tiffany around her. The two of them walked to the train station hand in hand and once again, they did not talk.

 

Inside the train, since there were no seats, Taeyeon and Tiffany had to stand. Taeyeon noticed that guys were staring at Tiffany and glared at every one of them. Tiffany, on the other hand, did not even notice that people were looking at her. She was trying to figure out what she was feeling.

 

Suddenly, a hand d Tiffany's . Tiffany gasped. Taeyeon glared at the guy but the guy was not affected at all. The guy's hand moved up to Tiffany's waist and Taeyeon quickly pulled Tiffany by the waist. The latter wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's neck as she was about to fall. The guy walked away and Taeyeon released her arm around Tiffany's waist. However, Tiffany did not release her arms. Realizing that she was still holding onto Taeyeon, she let go as well and looked down.

 

"I'm sorry I pulled you into my embrace. I had to get rid of the guy somehow," Taeyeon apologized.

 

"T-Thanks," Tiffany said.

 

Once they got out of the train, they walked to their apartment and without notice, a car sped by but luckily no one got hurt. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and saw that Tiffany was frightened.

 

"Are you alright Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked worriedly.

 

Tiffany snapped out and nodded her head. Taeyeon held onto Tiffany's hand tightly. "I won't let you get hurt neither would I let you go," she said and Tiffany felt touched.

 

"Thanks Taeyeon. I trust you as much as you trust me," Tiffany said and smiled at Taeyeon. Taeyeon smiled back and ruffled Tiffany's hair. The taller girl pouted and Taeyeon chuckled. "You really are mean Taeyeon," said Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon wanted to send Tiffany all the way to her apartment but she backed away when she saw Tiffany's father at the front door. Tiffany saw Taeyeon's weird action and asked, "What's wrong with you today Taeyeon? You seem...nervous now."

 

"I have something to do at home now. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" Taeyeon replied and walked back to the lift.

 

Mr Hwang had never accepted his daughter's relationship with Taeyeon. Although so, Taeyeon never gave up. She would still try to fight for her love but with Tiffany's help as well. Since Tiffany had somehow lost her memory, Taeyeon did not dare to meet Mr Hwang face to face. She was afraid that Mr Hwang would treat his daughter badly if she was seen with her. Taeyeon sighed and closed her eyes. She had one problem to deal with and now there was another. Moreover, both were related to Tiffany.

 

"Why is my life like this," Taeyeon muttered. She left the lift and walked to her apartment with heavy steps. She was not sure if she could make Tiffany remember again. Her confidence was going down.