Forget Me, Remember You

"Daddy?" Tiffany said as she saw the man in front of her apartment. It used to belong to Nichkhun but he gave the apartment to her. Mr Hwang turned his whole body and looked at Tiffany with a poker face.

 

"Where were you Stephanie?" he asked flatly.

 

"I was out with a friend," Tiffany replied.

 

"Who is the friend you're talking about? Jessica?" Mr Hwang questioned his daughter again.

 

"No daddy. Her name is Kim Taeyeon. She lives in this building as well," Tiffany answered.

 

"Well, aren't you going to open the door?"

 

Tiffany nodded her head and quickly opened the door.

 

Ever since her mother had died, Tiffany's father changed a lot. He was not like the caring father he used to be. He was no longer supportive of Tiffany and only cared in making Tiffany the successor of his company. Before Tiffany lost her memories and was dating Taeyeon, he did not like the thought of Tiffany being with Taeyeon. He was not happy as Taeyeon was just a normal person and secondly, they were both girls. When he found out that his daughter had somehow lost her memory and was dating Nichkhun, the heir of a company in Thailand, he was really happy. Now knowing that his daughter was seeing Taeyeon again, he was back to being a heartless man, doing whatever it takes to separate Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

After Tiffany had served her father a drink, she sat down on the floor and hung her head low. Her phone vibrated but she dare not check it. Mr Hwang took a sip of the drink and spit it out. Tiffany got shocked and looked at him. Mr Hwang glared at her and scolded his daughter, "How could you give me a drink this hot? How many times do I have to remind you?"

 

Tears were threatening to fall from Tiffany's eyes but she knew she had to stay strong in front of her father. It was not the first time she was being reprimanded by him. She stood up from the floor and took the cup with her.

 

"Where are you going?" Mr Hwang asked coldly.

 

"To change the drink," Tiffany replied in a soft voice which was unusual of her to do so.

 

Mr Hwang shook his head. "There isn't a need to. It will get cold eventually," he said. Tiffany put the drink back on the table and settled down. She wished that someone was beside her to accompany her. When Nichkhun was still staying with her, he would have brought up a conversation and he and Mr Hwang would talk non-stop but without Nichkhun, everything was tensed.

 

"By the way, where is your boyfriend, Stephanie?" Mr Hwang asked. "I have not seen him lately."

 

"He...He left daddy," Tiffany replied.

 

Mr Hwang did not feel happy hearing this but he kept his cool. "Is it because of Taeyeon?"

 

Tiffany looked up again. Why would her father think it was because of Taeyeon?

 

Does daddy know Taeyeon too?

 

"You know who's Taeyeon daddy?" Tiffany asked her father.

 

Mr Hwang was shocked to hear his daughter asking that question. He had forgotten that Tiffany had no memories with Taeyeon at all. Tiffany noticed that her father was getting suspicious.

 

So...he knows Taeyeon?

 

"I don't know who Taeyeon is but you mentioned her name awhile ago," Mr Hwang lied.

 

"Oh," Tiffany could only say. He's keeping something from me. I can feel it.

 

Taeyeon was back in her apartment, all ready to get to bed. It was still quite early but she was tired from the activities. She pulled out her phone and texted Tiffany. She waited for a few minutes but the younger girl did not reply at all. She sighed and put her phone away.

 

Is it because of her father that Tiffany's not replying?

 

That's possible.

 

Taeyeon sighed once again. She was so sure to get Tiffany back but just as Nichkhun left Tiffany for another girl, Mr Hwang had to show up.

 

Why can't we just be together without any barrier? Are we meant to be together?

 

Taeyeon sat up from her bed and messed her hair up. She was really curious of what was happening between Mr Hwang and Tiffany currently.

 

I should go check out.

 

Not caring about her attire, Taeyeon went out to Tiffany's apartment. Although she was afraid of Mr Hwang's reaction, she did not care. Somehow, she felt that Tiffany needed her.

 

Half an hour passed and none of them said a word. Mr Hwang was busy checking out some news on his tablet while Tiffany was battling with herself in her head. The doorbell rang and Tiffany quickly stood up. "I'll get the door," she said but got no reaction from her father. She shook her head and went to the door.

 

A wave of relief ran inside her as she saw Taeyeon at the front door. She hugged the older girl tightly making Taeyeon confused. "Thank god you're here Taeyeon. The silence between me and my father is killing me," the younger girl said.

 

Taeyeon pulled away from the hug and pushed a strand of hair away from Tiffany's face. "No worries. I got your back now," she said. Tiffany smiled and brought Taeyeon inside.

 

As soon as Taeyeon's eyes met with the adult's eyes, Mr Hwang stood up from his seat and glared at the girl. "How dare you bring this country girl here. Can't you see she only wants your money?" he spat.

 

Taeyeon's confidence went down again. She could not face him without Tiffany helping her. She released her hand from Tiffany's grip and shook her head. Tiffany grabbed onto Taeyeon's arm again and shot the older girl a glare. "Didn't you say you got my back?" she asked.

 

"No Stephanie. Let her go. She isn't worth your time," Mr Hwang said.

 

"How do you know that daddy? You know her don't you daddy? If you know her, you must know how I lost my memory right?" Tiffany asked her father coldly.

 

Mr Hwang was speechless. He did not know how to reply to his daughter's question.