하나

Forget Me, Remember You
"Thanks for sending me home Taeyeon ssi. It wasn't really necessary," Tiffany said once she reached the door of her apartment. Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany.

 

"It's alright. I live at the same building anyway, different level," Taeyeon said. "Goodnight."

 

"Really? I've never seen you around," Tiffany said with a pout.

 

Taeyeon chuckled bitterly. 'You don't really remember me huh...'

 

"I'll get going now," Taeyeon said.

 

"Yeah, I should enter too. Nichkhun is waiting for me," Tiffany said and showed her eye smile.

 

Taeyeon's heart shattered when she heard Nichkhun's name. Was he the one Tiffany had been cheating on her with? Did Tiffany actually lie about not remembering her? Taeyeon wanted to ask Tiffany loads of question but she did not want to be hated by Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon was greeted with nothing when she entered her apartment. It was once shared with Tiffany but now, it was all hers. Taeyeon finally knew why Tiffany was always missing is the morning. She sneaked out and went to Nichkhun's place.

 

'Can I still get her?' Taeyeon thought. She put her jacket aside and plopped onto the sofa. She grabbed a cushion pillow and hugged it. 'She has Nichkhun though and she doesn't remember me at all.'

 

Back at Tiffany and Nichkhun's apartment, Tiffany frowned when she realised her boyfriend was not at home. It had been like that ever since she started working. Nichkhun was never home until morning. Even so, they rarely talk in the mornings. In fact, they no longer talk to each other anymore.

 

Tiffany sighed and stripped off her uniform. She entered the bathtub filled with hot water and stayed in there for quite a long time. She was deep in her thoughts.

 

'Kim Taeyeon...she sounds so familiar. Have I seen her before? And the way she called me Fany...where have I heard it before?'

 

Tiffany was really curious about Taeyeon. She wanted to get to know more about Taeyeon. Maybe if she did so, she could remember.

 

'Will I see her again tomorrow?'

 

It was a Saturday morning and Taeyeon was getting ready to go for an exercise. She locked her door and went to the lift. When the lift door opened, Taeyeon was surprised to see Tiffany. "Good morning," Taeyeon greeted awkwardly.

 

"Morning," Tiffany replied back.

 

For once, the both of them did not feel lonely.

 

"So, where are you going now Taeyeon ssi?" Tiffany asked, starting a conversation.

 

"Jogging. I need a work out. I haven't had one in a month. You always complained...never mind," Taeyeon answered.

 

Tiffany tilted her head. "I always complain what? I just met you Taeyeon ssi," she said in a cold tone. Tiffany hated that she could it remember anything.

 

"Nothing really...I'll be going the opposite way. Maybe you would like to join me for breakfast later?" Taeyeon asked. She was hoping a yes from Tiffany.

 

"Sorry I can't. I'm having breakfast with my best friend," Tiffany replied.

 

"You mean Jessica?"

 

"Yeah...how did you know?" Tiffany asked, feeling suspicious.

 

"I...guessed? Bye," Taeyeon said and began jogging so that she would not be awkward with Tiffany.

 

Tiffany shrugged. She walked the opposite way and headed to the cafe she was meeting Jessica.

 

**

 

"You met who?!" Jessica screamed, earning looks from other people.

 

"Lower down your voice, Jess. I met Kim Taeyeon. Do you know her?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Yes, I know her. You know her too. You cheated on her with Nichkhun. You don't know how hurt she was," Jessica answered bluntly.

 

Tiffany felt guilty. She was starting to hate the fact that she could not remember anything. "Why can't I remember anything? I want to know why I cheated on her. Why did I hurt her. What happened to me Jess?" Tiffany asked. She wanted to know nothing more but the truth.

 

Jessica sighed. She did not know this day would arrive. "You cheated on her because you told me you did not have anymore feelings for her. You then met that bastard at the lobby and started to hook up with him. I have to say this but you are so dense. Taeyeon really likes you but you chose the bastard and broke up with Taeyeon? If I were you, I would have just stayed with Taeyeon," Jessica replied yet again in a blunt tone.

 

"Nichkhun's not a bastard. He's a sweet and nice guy," Tiffany defended her boyfriend.

 

"If that is so, why is he not always home? Where is he?" Jessica asked and folded her arms.

 

"He's just busy at work," Tiffany answered although she was not so sure of her answer.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Yeah, defend him or whatever but I still don't believe he's a good guy," Jessica said.

 

**

 

After having breakfast, Taeyeon made her way back to her apartment. She took off her jacket and tied it around her waist since she was feeling warm. Once she reached the lobby, Tiffany was there as well, waiting for the lift.

 

'How could I have not noticed her all this while?' Taeyeon thought.

 

The door to the lift opened and Taeyeon rushed into the lift. She bowed her head awkwardly at Tiffany and pressed the button to her level. Taeyeon was thinking whether she should initiate the conversation first but when she glanced at Tiffany, the younger girl did not look like she wanted to talk at all.

 

"Jessica told me we dated before. Is it true?" Tiffany asked in a small voice.

 

Taeyeon was surprised to hear Tiffany's voice. She looked at her and felt blood rushing in her cheeks when her eyes met with Tiffany's own one.

 

"Are you okay Taeyeon ssi? Your face is red," Tiffany said and placed her palm on Taeyeon's forehead.

 

Taeyeon quickly moved her head. "I-I'm fine. I-I'm just feeling warm that's all," Taeyeon stuttered.

 

Tiffany cursed herself for her action and just smiled at Taeyeon. "I'm going now," she said as the lift door opened and she was shocked when she felt Taeyeon's hand gripping her wrist.

 

Taeyeon quickly released her hand and rubbed her neck awkwardly. "I was wondering if you would want to come to my apartment? If you want to," Taeyeon asked shyly.

 

"Okay," Tiffany said.

 

"Really?" Taeyeon said excitedly and looked at Tiffany with a big smile.

 

"Yeah since Nichkhun is not home," Tiffany said and smiled back at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon's smile dropped. She had forgotten that the younger girl had a boyfriend. Tiffany looked at her with her head tilted and Taeyeon gave her a reassuring smile. The lift door once again opened and Taeyeon led Tiffany to her apartment. She swiped her card and the door opened. She pushed the door and Tiffany was greeted with a familiar scent. She was not sure where she had smelled it but it was familiar to her.

 

"I'm sorry if the house is messy. I didn't bother cleaning it since all of this was not planned," Taeyeon apologised.

 

"No, it's okay," Tiffany said.

 

"Have a seat. I'll go and prepare a drink for us," Taeyeon said and left the kitchen.

 

Tiffany walked around the living room and a picture caught her attention. It was a picture of her and Taeyeon together. She was wondering when was it taken. All she knew was that they had just met the previous day.

 

'Why can't I remember anything?' Tiffany thought. She sighed and walked to the kitchen since she did not want to be alone in the living room.

 

Tiffany without knowing, was smiling when she saw Taeyeon making the drink. Her smile dropped when the boiling water splashed onto Taeyeon's hand. She quickly rushed to Taeyeon's side and rinsed Taeyeon's hand under cold water. Taeyeon was shocked by Tiffany's presence. 'How long was she here?' Taeyeon wondered.

 

"You're so clumsy, Taeyeon ssi!" Tiffany scolded Taeyeon as she dried Taeyeon's hand with a cloth.

 

"Sorry," Taeyeon muttered. There was still a throbbing feeling in her hand but she did not care at all. All of this reminded her of the past she had with Tiffany. The same place and the same thing happening. It was like a dream for Taeyeon.

 

"Forget about the drink. Let's go to the living room," Tiffany said and dragged Taeyeon out.

 

'What is going on now? Tiffany's acting like her old self but she does not even remember me. This is such a headache!' Taeyeon thought.

 


A/N: Yay an update~

 

This story seems to be fast eh? Jessica telling Tiffany that Tiffany had dated Taeyeon before. I did not make this on purpose but I think it fits the plot I'm thinking of.

 

So, if you like this story, please subscribe? Comments are most welcome~

 

*Extra: Does anyone have a kakaotalk or line account? I would like to be friends~ :)*