The Sum of Misunderstandings

Bliss & Melancholies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was then another Saturday, and the theater practice has ended. Seunghyun was there, doing his job when Hyesun entered. The two weren’t close so they didn’t bother on each other’s presence. Then Sandara entered. The lady walked and greeted everybody else on the room.

 

 

After looking at Seunghyun and seeing that he is not looking, she didn’t bother greeting the guy. Sandara then went to the drawer beside Seunghyun and took a cup, but Seunghyun moved away, acting like he has something else to do. Awkwardness and avoidance was clear. Hyesun watches the two, noticing the subtle peek at each other, obviously each minding the other, but hiding it. Soon, Seunghyun walks out; Sandara follows her with her eyes though acting uncaring still.

 

 

Hyesun then walked out as well, and saw Seunghyun walking upstairs to the school’s rooftop. Hyesun climbed up too. The place was dark, the lights were already off, silence was in the air, and there was nobody else but Seunghyun, hand on his face, eyes closed and grudgingly silent. She stand near Seunghyun silently and waited. Hyesun couldn’t help but pity the manifestation of the guy, but then she realized that Seunghyun always acted lively, strong and powerful. She never knew the guy carry so much weight in him.

 

 

Seunghyun then open his eyes and looked straight. He noticed Denise and he just gave a small smile and stood up to leave.

 

 

“What were you thinking?” Hyesun asked tenderly. Seunghyun paused for a while but chose to answer.

 

 

“Despair and Happiness.”

 

 

 

There was a brief pause. Hyesun was somewhat dissatisfied with the answer. “What’s the problem that you’re bearing?” She asked.

 

 

Seunghyun then smiled, “I’m just a normal teenager with normal problems – nothing special.” He said as he stepped away.

 

 

“Why are you avoiding Sandara?” Denise asked in haste.

 

 

Seunghyun halted. Silence was again existent in the air.

 

 

“Because I chose to…” He uttered, choking as he whispered the words, then he started to walk again.

 

 

“Just because of that? You’re so selfish; how could you think of just yourself just so that you could avoid getting hurt?” Hyesun deliberated rather incensed.

 

 

Seunghyun stopped, clenched his fist in his pocket. “Do you think I’m avoiding getting hurt?” He stated rather harshly.

 

 

“Do you think I’m doing this to be happy, to avoid pain? Do you think I am enjoying every instance that I need to avoid her? I am hurt by avoiding her, I die at every glance I refuse to give her, I am crushed at every step I had to take away from her, I am breaking at every second that she is there and I have to restrain myself from approaching. Talking to her, approaching her, chasing her, loving her, being with her is the only thing that I know that I want to do, that makes me human, but I am refuting that to myself, because that was what she wanted! All these I do for her sake; everything I’m willing to sacrifice to let her be happy, so don’t tell me what I am!” Seunghyun stated with heat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter